Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

1st ivf egg retrieval, waiting for results. TTC Support

I just had 8 eggs retrieved on Sunday, boy did that hurt! The next day I was notified that they threw 4 of them away and another 2 were undetermined. It seems like such a waste. I had 15 follicles, but only 8 were big enough (15mm+) and half were discarded. Still a few days to go for the final report, then I'll have to wait for the pgt results which take about 2 weeks. I'm hoping I'll get 2 embryos at least because out of 15 follicles you would think I'd get 2embryos. I really don't want to have to pay for another egg retrieval cycle. My first transfer will be in October, so that the due date will be around my birthday, so I'm really hoping it works the first time.

Is anyone in the same boat as me?

The clinic will not send me the paperwork that was included with my tank, so I'll keep bugging them about it. Does NW provide any keepsakes or something when we report our pregnancy?