Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Introduce Yourself :)

Comments

• RW17RW17 Posts: 197
    edited November -1
    Hi Brittney and Alana! I have seen some studies posted on here and there doesn't seem to be a consistent time for all women about when to do the insemination after a +OPK. Some women will do 12 or 24 hours after their first +OPK. Some women buy multiple vials to do it two or three different times. One friend who works for a fertility doctor said they have people do IUI's 24 hours after a positive OPK test. I read one study that said if a woman is taking OPK tests every 4 hours, that the average is tto ovulate 36 hours after her first +OPK. So in conclusion, there is no right answer!! Some people actually ovulate BEFORE a positive OPK, but I think that's sort of rare.

How does your +OPK correlate with your temp rise?
  • RW17RW17 Posts: 197
    edited November -1
    HI Beth. People do ask about specific donors on the TTCing board, though the conversations about specific donors usually go to private e-mail.

Do you know about the Donor Sibling Registry (where people will nationally post about children they conceived with different donors, for health information and to find siblings?) We just joined. It was neat. The first donor we used had 5 kids on there! But our current donor doesn't have any on there yet. It's $50/year to join which I find annoying but I guess that's a small price compared to what we're spending on everything else.
  • babymakers_2010babymakers_2010 Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    RW17

We haven't done any temping. Alana seems to know right when she ovulates. I guess I didn't think it would be that helpful? But we are both very new to this and don't know a whole lot. I did read a couple of people really paid attention to cervix change and CM so we are attempting that...the best we know how to anyway ;)
  • chandraandamandachandraandamanda Posts: 676
    edited November -1
    Hello! We are Chandra (26) and Amanda (36). We've been together for 3 years, living in Eugene, OR. Though I (Chandra) am originally an Okie. We have two boys at home ages 6 & 10 (Amanda's from before "us") and are planning on TTC for the first time together in a couple of weeks! We will be trying at home and have been doing TONS of research, though the timing for AI seems a little unclear to me still (I think Amanda gets it). We are keeping track of our cycles and BBTs. The plan is for Amanda to go first, then me. It may seem crazy, both of us pregnant at once, but I think we'll do great. Hoping all goes as planned! Good luck to all of you!
    theowlandtheoctopusblog.blogspot.com
    Amanda and Chandra
    DSCF7259-1.jpg
  • keepingfaithkeepingfaith Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi!
    I'm Faith, ttc #2 with my Dh. We've been together 7 years and married for 4. I have a luteal phase defect and DH has a 0 sperm count. DS was conceived through a NW donor via IUI. We are trying to adopt but decided no harm in trying for #2 while we wait...and wait...and wait some more. We live among fields of grain in a teeny tiny town and love all that rural life has to offer, despite the occasional closed mind. We also have 2 K9 fur kids.
    We cloth diaper and grow our veggies, at least as much as the super short growing season allows. We like to camp and enjoy getting out as often as possible.
    Me - 36, attached to a special someone amd Supermommy to 4 kiddos.
  • Beth81392Beth81392 Posts: 486
    edited November -1
    Welcome and Good Luck!!

Beth
    Words cannot even begin to describe how much I love these kids
    BeachDuo.jpg
  • Beth81392Beth81392 Posts: 486
    edited November -1
    Welcome Shawna,

I am a SMBC also. I have a almost 4 year old and a trying for #2 this month.

Beth
    Words cannot even begin to describe how much I love these kids
    BeachDuo.jpg
  • tnt22tnt22 Posts: 222
    edited September 2010
    I have been on here for years, but I have a new name and a new partner. We are trying together and I wanted to start of fresh. I am (28) and she is (35). We have been together for 9 months, and we are very excited to be TTCing. I have been away from TTC for about a year, and I am so ready to be a mom. I finally have a heathly and happy relationship. I really beleive it is my time.
  • LandTLandT Posts: 293
    edited September 2010
    Hi all. I am Tracey and my partner is Liz. We have been lurking on this board for while now and decided to sign up. We have been TTC for about 2 years now. We originally started with IUI dr assist. We had 5 failed IUI’s before moving onto IVF in January, 2010. We had 2 beautiful embryos transferred and 1 took but we lost it at 6 weeks. We took 7 months off TTC while we recoup and focus on ourselves. I also went on a weight loss journey and have lost 60 pounds. We are going through FET (frozen embryo transfer) on 9/10/10.

I have 2 kids from a prior relationship. 15 year old daughter and 11 year old son. I have always wanted another child.

I look forward to talking with you all.
    Liz and Tracey

3rq6ah5no.png
    Pure Perfection
    DSCN3194_zpsc49185a7-1_zps433dc3a2-1_zpsa063299b.jpg ; IMAG0913_zpsfc579b1f-1_zps0ef25e8e.jpg
  • puglover333puglover333 Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi,
    I'm about to start TTC. I am a single mom to a wonderful 6 year old boy. I didn't set out to be a single mom, but my son's dad left while I was pregnant and hasn't been involved since. I've been waiting and wanting to meet Mr. Right, but that hasn't happened. I've always wanted more kids, and at 32, I don't want to wait any longer.
  • cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited February 2011
    Hello everyone, I am C and and my partner is A. We have been together for 3 years in October. We have decided to start TTC. I have just turned 21 and she is 27. We chose to start in September because it is the first month after a vacation we took to Las Vegas for my 21st birthday. I have been doing a lot of research and we are both a little nervous, mostly excited though. I hope it doesn't take very long to get pregnant. We are not going through a physician. We are going to do the proceedure ourselves. It makes us feel like WE are making a baby. We have just made our first order today, it should be here Thursday! We can't wait
    edited November -1
    We are doing this AI all on our own, so I really never had to track anything other than LH kits. Can anyone assist in how and what to look for? Any and all replies will help!

I have found it very helpful to track your CM (cervical mucus). Some people find it uncomfortable, but it really gets you in tune to your own body and the different changes you go through during your cycle. Also check your BBT (basal body temp), I have never had great luck with this one becuase I wake a different times through out the week but if you wake up at the same time everyday it should work. Good Luck!!
  • Crys&AprilCrys&April Posts: 1
    edited September 2010
    Hi There,
    I'm Crystal and my partner is April, and we are so excited to start our family. I am 31 yrs young(lol) and April is 30 yrs young. We are completely in love and can't wait to start our family! We will be TTC in just a few days!!!! If anyone has any helpful info, we are all ears. It's great to know there are such supportive people going through the same issues as us.
    edited November -1
    Hey Crystal and April, good luck to you both! Please post your stats in the sticky! If you have any questions the girls in this forum are the bomb! They are so very helpful and supportive to each other!
  • GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    I'm from BC, and am excited to be joining you here! Bit of background, I'm 29 and have 2 kids from a previous marriage (8 and 12). My partner (T) is 41 and has 2 kids from a previous marriage (16 and 17) and we are expecting our first grandbaby from his 17yo in March. Due to a vasectomy 12 years go (before me) we need to use donor sperm, and as we live on the Canada USA border we found NW and are hoping for our first D-AI in November!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • LoveShackBabyLoveShackBaby Posts: 118
    edited October 2010
    Hello!
    My transgender (Female-to-Male) husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 6 months. We did a few home inseminations and moved to Dr Assisted IUI in August using a different bank. This month will be our first attempt with NW and we're excited. The donor that we chose has reported pregnancy and I saw someone here who conceived with his sperm! This month I am on 50mg of Clomid and it's the first "assistance" that I have needed.
    Though my cycle is usually regular, this time I wasn't ovulating at day 14 and they started the Clomid so we'll be inseminating around day 21 which worries me. I hope that the Clomid plus the successful sperm will give us LOTS OF LUCK

http://loveshackbaby.wordpress.com
  • babydreamingbabydreaming Posts: 258
    edited November -1
    I found target has the best price on smiley's and go for the 20 pack
  • SPJ&ESPJ&E Posts: 874 ✭✭
    edited October 2010
    I've been lurking for a while so I figured I should introduce myself.

I am S and my partner is A. We are both 25. We have been together for 10 years, with a few breaks in between. There was a lot of growing up to be done and some communication issues to be worked out. It took a while, but I think everything happens for a reason and we are right where we are supposed to be. We are going to be TTC our first baby together this month. I already have 2 rotten little boys, ages 4 and 5, from a previous relationship (I tried to be straight...just SO not for me, lol).

Our "swimmers", as you guys say, will be here Wednesday and I should ovulate around the 17th. My cycle is regular, give or take a day or 2 every now and then. We got the smileys everyone seems to love and plan to test twice a day and do the inseminations 12 and 24 hrs. after the positive test. I keep going back-and-forth, thinking maybe we should do 12 and 36 after the positive. I'm really nervous about timing it right!
    Mom to P (13), J (11), E (6), and Q (born December 2017)
  • jcjc Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Quick introduction - my husband and I have been TTC for 9 yrs now - my dx is PCOS & endo - we just recently made the decision to move forward with IUI's using Injectable meds, for me & donor sperm instead of IVF w/ ICSI (way to expensive for us). Making the decision to move forward with donor sperm was soooo difficult at first but now I'm good with it & very excited to hopefully get a BFP soon! My husband has been the best - he is the one that has pushed for us to use donor sperm. He said that he has watched me love & care for my stepsons' as my own & that DNA has nothing to do with being an amazing parent :) I love him so!

Can't wait to get to know each & everyone of you,
    Jen
    Me - 34 Dx - endo, pcos - 3 surgeries
    DH - vasectomy reversal - low sperm count - moved to Donor Sperm

IUI #1 - Injectables, trigger - IUI Cancelled due to DH non-exsitant sperm count
    IUI #2 - 10/20 - Injectables, trigger using Donor Sperm w/ Donor 518 = BFN
    IUI #3 - December - will be using Donor 8765G (our orignal pick but I didn't know if I was CMV Positive or not)
  • hope313hope313 Posts: 38
    edited November -1
    My name is Hope and I am 31 and ttc for the first time any day now...waiting on a smiley. I was going to use nw but a friend offered to be a donor and I am going to try with fresh first. I am a hopeful single mother that has no desire to be married...but desperately wants a baby.

I have been lurking and learning here for a few months and you guys are the best!
    ttc.png
  • KaSheri76KaSheri76 Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    i am familiar to NWAC, because i last used them from 2002-04. i was very successful right out the gates, pregnant with my first child. but sadly i miscarried at 12wks in dec 02. i was hurt and devastated because at the same time my best friend was pregnant. i tried months later and no success. Within the yr of 2003 i would try again 2 more times and nothing. And for 2004 i only tried 1 time with doctor assisted and still no success. also at that time i found out that i had a blocked tube and had fibroids. i decided to wait and threw myself into my work and my family, esp my sister and brother babies that were born at that time. i am now looking back into this company for donors and have come up with a few(182, 518, 425, 5645 - my top choices). I was wondering if anyone of you have positive pregnancies or children from these donors. please right me and so pics if you could. i would gladly appreciate it. I just a few things that i am trying to get in order(money saving for this and other things). hope to chat with any of you very soon.
  • 2moms2be2moms2be Posts: 226
    edited November -1
    Hi, I am here with my partner of 8 years, and we are TTC. I am Mary 34 and my partner is Jenn 39. We love reading all of your posts and decided to become apart of it:) Right now we are tracking and have decided to start TTC in Jan 2011. It seems like there is some much info on here, and a lot to take in, but we are excited and glad we found this Forum.
    Try#1 BFN Try#2 BFN Try#3 BFN Try#4 BFN Try#5 BFN Try#6 BFN Try#7 (after 8 months off) BFP!!! We are MOMS!
    475374_4381287044509_1614899970_o.jpg
    ojalm5.png
  • tiffspradtiffsprad Posts: 557
    edited November -1
    Hi everyone. My name is T and my partner J and I have been together for 4 years. We want to start TTC in the Summer and we found NWCB. We are new to the lingo and all that comes along with this. Any adivice is welcome. We live in Columbia, SC. I am a paralegal and J is a paramedic. Thanks in advance for the support that I know this forum will provide.
  • aghhgghaghhggh Posts: 60
    edited November -1
    Hello, I'm Erin! I've been lurking for a little bit. My DW is Randi, & we've been together for 8 years. We've got an 8 year old daughter (technically DW's from a previous relationship) and are finally ready to try for #2. I plan to carry this time around, then hopefully DW will be able to carry #3 further down the line.

We'll be TTC for the first time in January. From what fertility friend tells me, it should be around the 10th. Ahhhh I feel really antsy to begin!
  • Jazz&SueJazz&Sue Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    I just joined and began the process with my fiance to try and conceive my name is Jazmine and my wife is Susan. We are foster parents. I will be the one carrying. We are from Kansas and are very excited and nervous to start this journey wish us luck!
  • MommyAndMamaMommyAndMama Posts: 100
    edited November -1
    Hey All, My name is Britney (26) and My DP of 6 years is Casandra (26). We Have a Beautiful 5 year old and am more then ready to have Our second child. It's Casandra's turn to have the next child, but I'm the worry wart for us both! We live in Vancouver WA, recently relocated, so we of coarse would love to connect with others near by who are on the same path as us! Casandra is in School to be a Nurse and I am on my way to become a Teacher. January 23rd or 24th looks to be our count down day's for Casandra's Ovulation!

In the mean time, I am attempting to get on here more so I don't drive her crazy talking non stop about the big event! Next step... well, Figuring out how the heck to get pics on here would be a good baby step (No pun intended)
    ae468c1e-3d9f-43c8-b30b-6712751bbcacwallpaper-1.jpg
  • muripherousmuripherous Posts: 264
    edited November -1
    Hello. I've been reading through these forums for a few weeks now and thought it time to introduce myself.
    I became a client of NW a few months ago.

I've always wanted to have a child. I think I spent many years waiting for the right time, the right relationship, etc. Well, I'm 36 now and I absolutely feel like now is the time for me to proceed in attempting to become a mother.
    I am single but I realize that I'm in a good place in life---I have a good job, a great support system, I'm older and wiser than I might have been even a few years ago. That said, I'm ready to make this dream a reality.

I will be making my second attempt at home insemination in January of 2011. I look forward to sharing in this journey with all of the amazing people on these forums.

-L
    kR99m5.png
    6monthcollage.jpg
  • happi2bmehappi2bme Posts: 3
    edited November -1
    By name is Beth and I am married to a wonderful man. We have been married for 11 years. I had a son very young and my husband is unable to have a child. I adopted my daughter at birth. I was ttc when we were gifted the opportunity to adopt her and I have not tried again. 18 months ago my daughters birth mother had a baby boy and asked if I would adopt him. I had him from the day he was born. This time I did not do a private adoption but instead became a foster parent. Long story short the foster care system sucks and they took him from me and placed him with another adoptive home. My heart hurts so bad. I am not done being a mommy. We have decieded to ttc again. I am back at NW. I am tracking my cycle this month and will begin next month with a known donor. If it does not go well we will choose another donor from NW. I have been following most of you for some time now and thought this would be a good time to join the discussion.
    grandpa135.jpggrandpa140.jpg
  • PomsmomeePomsmomee Posts: 162
    edited November -1
    Hi Everyone,
    So many new faces. I am a LONG-TIMER.....literally from when the forum started years ago. I had to take an extended time off and as such closed my blog and seperated from all TTC sites to be able to break as much as possible during my 2 years away. Now I am resolved and ready to come back back! 2011 feels incredible and I am filled with hope about a POS HPT before the ball drops proclaiming 2012! I wish a ton of baby dust to us all.
    STOP Puppymills and Irresponsible Backyard Breeders! Be a responsible pet owner:)
  • JoieJoie Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Ok. I have been trolling this site and the forums for about 6 months or so, but just registered today. :)

I am 30 yo and will most likely be a SMBC. My relationship of 11 years was SUPPOSED to be the one, but better to know before kids that he wasn't sticking around.

I really have no idea on any of this yet. I am terrified and excited, impatient and nervous...normal, no? I plan on finding my PERFECT donor at the end of this year or beginning of 2012.

I don't know how to go about doing the whole process yet - I mean, since I am single, is it really an evening with "myself"? I joke about it being a turkey baster, but what is it really like?! That makes me nervous too!

How do I even begin charting my MC? I have never done it, believe it or not. I was pregnant when I was 21, but it didn't come to fruition.

HELP? LOL