Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

femara depression

babyluvbabyluv Posts: 353
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I took Femara today and I feel really sad, has this happened to anyone who has taken this before ?

Comments

• mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    I took Femara one cycle CD 5-9...never had this problem. In fact I had absolutely no side effects. One of the reasons some docs prescribe Femara and not Clomid immediatly is because it is not supposed to have much of any side effects.

The sad feeling could just be the TTC difficulties getting to you...but I don't know.
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November -1
    I never had any emotional side effects with femara.
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg
  • TrishlettesTrishlettes Posts: 674
    edited November -1
    I had no side effects with femara.
    54W9ZxL.jpg54W9m5.png
  • lunchbox_12lunchbox_12 Posts: 29
    edited November -1
    I did read on the sheet that came with it that depression could be a side effect for femara and to talk to your doc. about it.
    So I would say talk with your doctor. Every one responds differently to different drugs.
    My Ovulation Chart
    bsm_pleasesendbaby.giflosses-getandstaypregnant.gif
    bsm_prayingforababy.gif
    6/28/09=BFP=Ectopic Pregnancy 7/09/09
    1/7/2011 found Endo
  • babyluvbabyluv Posts: 353
    edited November -1
    I don't know if its just ttc or Femara or a combo of both but I didn't feel down until I took Femara, but I have noticed that it subsides in the evening I take Femara in the morning
  • BabyBugsArrivalBabyBugsArrival Posts: 523
    edited November -1
    I didn't notice many side effects with Femara the first 2 cycles, however this month I've been so up and down. It's been consistent since AF and all the way through the first 2 weeks...REALLY emotional. I hoping it's a good sign (:
    mommaandme-1.jpg
  • indigoscotindigoscot Posts: 246
    edited November -1
    it's actually better/recommended to take femara or clomid in the evening so most of the side effects happen while you are asleep. just fyi.

g
    nirim4.png
    onmFm5.png
    tMYCm5.png