Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Home insemination timing ???

destinydestiny Posts: 723 ✭✭
edited November -1 in At-Home Insemination
Hey ladies got a positive OPK at 5:00pm yesterday is 24hours a ok time
For inseminating ??
KZNUm6.png

Comments

• mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    Are you just doing on vial and therefore one insem?
    If so, I think 24hrs is great timing.
    Good luck!
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • chandraandamandachandraandamanda Posts: 676
    edited November -1
    ditto on what mommylove said. I believe there are a quite a few woman who have gotten pregnant using that timing with one vial. Good luck!
    theowlandtheoctopusblog.blogspot.com
    Amanda and Chandra
    DSCF7259-1.jpg
  • palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    I third that! :)
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    I agree!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • destinydestiny Posts: 723 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks ladies yea just one vials !
    KZNUm6.png
  • wylinzwylinz Posts: 358
    edited November -1
    I have one vial for this cycle and I'm planning on doing my AI 24 hours after the OPK+. So, I think you have incredbile timing. Destiny, I wish you the best of luck!
    282014_531207640238873_1174511491_n.jpg
    TTC #5 IUI at RE 11/4, medicated cycle. Yay!!!!!! It's a BFP!!!!!
    Baby Hunter born in July 2012
  • aghhgghaghhggh Posts: 60
    edited November -1
    Sounds good. Good luck!!
  • TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck Destiny...love ur forum name....my youngest granddaughter's name is Destiny.
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
    edited November -1
    Thanks ladies Kinda skeptical cause DP had a hard time inseminating in the cervix the catheter was way to flexible and the darn plunger wouldn't dispense out the sperm. She only got the beginning tip of the catheter in the cervix. And when inseminating the sperm she said a little leaked back out. This was our first time doing a home insemination. Ladies I need your opinion and no sugar coating do you think we have a possible chance of concieving or was this cycle a waste ?? : ( officially in the 2WW )
    KZNUm6.png
  • Dance-Pray-LoveDance-Pray-Love Posts: 143
    edited November -1
    Don't freak out too much about leaking....... Thats my opinion. If it were a natural Insem they wouldnt have been put straight into the cervix...... Hopefully the timing was right. I did an IUI 24 hours after OPK with NO LEAKAGE and got a BFN....... Doc said my cervix was very tight, and it was extremely painful. Try not to stress..... I KNOW it's hard........ I wish you luck !!!!
    cj14yB7.jpgcj14m7.png
  • GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    Any time you put sperm in there, you have a chance!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • chandraandamandachandraandamanda Posts: 676
    edited November -1
    Unfortunately, doubting the insem process is part of TTC. Women have gotten pregnant using just one vial as a vaginal insem. And, women have gotten pregnant inserting just the tip of the syringe into the cervix opening when doing an isem around 24 hours...just ask palegreen. So, yes--you definitely have a chance of getting pregnant. Good luck! We're in the TWW with you.
    theowlandtheoctopusblog.blogspot.com
    Amanda and Chandra
    DSCF7259-1.jpg
  • Sassy2uSassy2u Posts: 236
    edited November -1
    I agree that you have a good chance. Good luck and don't stress.
    edited November -1
    Thank you so much ladies for your words of encouragement. I Just don't wanna my hopes up and be disappointed in the end.
    KZNUm6.png