Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

My story

ChrysanthemumChrysanthemum Posts: 1,205 ✭✭
edited July 2011 in Our Train of Hope
I have been with my dh for 6yrs, we have been ttc for 4yrs. 5/10 we went to an RE and found DH had no swimmers. We did a battery of tests all summer, and decided to order from NW and I began posting here around 8/10 under a different handle. We had our 1st IUI scheduled and my grandma passed away so I literally left the RE's office after the iui and went to the airport to fly home for the funeral. I turned around and flew back to start a week vacation in OBX. I should also add I quit smoking in July and lost 30lbs with weight watchers over the summer.
Anyhow, IUI #1 was a BFN
9/10 we tried #2, also BFN
And early 10/10 was a BFN
Those 3cycles were with clomid 100mg and the 2nd 2 were with ASA 81 as well and a trigger
Late 10/10 we switched donors, and switched to femara and trigger BFN
At that point we had exhausted our money and energy and took a break.
1/11 femara different donor again (3rd donor) arrive at REs office and he tells me the sperm count is less than 1/2 mill so we cancel.

Late Jan/ early Feb DH and I realize how unsecured this site is so I delete all my old posts and all my personal info and come back a few days later under this handle.
2/11 femara I really liked that donor so I tried him again, NW sent 2 vials just to make sure we had a good sample we used both. BFN.

All of the above cycles were with the RE.
I am now CD 9 and waiting to try again. This month we are back to clomid100mg I took 50 in the morning and 50 in the evening along with ASA81 We are going to try at home.
We are doing 2 ICI vials at home with pre-seed and an instead cup. Swimmers are in route, and I am excited.
I am going to the re cd11 for a follicle scan but he doesn't know and wouldn't approve of us doing it at home.

Comments

• hpflmommeez2bhpflmommeez2b Posts: 118
    edited November -1
    wooow you have had one heck of a journey and i wish you well on this try and im hoping for a BFP for you!! maybe being at home will do the trick for you!! good luck and dont lose hope!!
    2qwlfcx.jpg
    ME with the glasses! DP green shirt!!!
  • ChrysanthemumChrysanthemum Posts: 1,205 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have been on BCP's for a month all my IVF meds arrived today, I ordered swimmers, totally new donor, yesterday to be delivered 7/11.
    I start my injectables Friday, tomorrow (Thurs) I have another u/s to see how the follies look....

Getting excited and REALLY hope this works because we have NO money and NO credit left. I got a raise in Feb and it has all been going to baby making....

Please God let this work.
  • 1moretyme1moretyme Posts: 171
    edited November -1
    Praying for you girl! This has got to be it!
    1st IUI: 6/7/11 BFN
    edited July 2011
    7/6/11
    DH's 40th birthday!
    I had a u/s today I have "at least 8 probably 10" good follicles (it looks like a couple were lagging and my left ovary likes to hide.
    I have been rotation sites, stomach, back, legs so I am doing OK so far. I make DH give them to me so he gets to be involved... plus I hate sticking myself (but I can stick other people all day, lol) It looks like the ER will be wednesday... I have another u/s on sat and I guess they will tell me then.
    I really hope this works!!!
    7/10/11
    ONE more day of injections!!!
    I am so flippin' tired of getting poked! I am glad I have DH to do it for me, I probably would have given up!
    ER is probably Wednesday, I'll know for sure tomorrow.
    I SO hope this works!
    7/11/11
    ER is Wednesday for sure. I'll trigger tonight and I go back in the morning for blood work it is amazing howmuch stuff changed from Saturday several had grown to 20mm but several were still 14-16mm so I guess it will be a surprise how many they are able to get!!

Should add I used yet ANOTHER donor. I really like this one :-)
    edited November -1
    Had the ER yesterday they got 18 eggs, they called today and of the 18, 13 were mature, and 10 fertilized so I have 10! Little embryos growing at the REs office!
    I go back for the ET Monday morning!!
    edited July 2011
    Of the 10 embryos only 2 made it to blast stage and were poor quality. We transferred those and it didn't look like there was anything to freeze (still waiting on a call though).
    I am trying to hold out and be optimistic but odds are not in our favor right now.

7/20

On Monday, my dr thought the 4 embryos that he didn't transfer were such poor quality that he figured they would arrest and they would have to be thrown away, BUT they were going to let them grow and "see what happens."
    I took that (along with the poor quality of the blasts that were transferred) to mean there wouldn't be anything to freeze.
    This morning the lab called and I have 2 "beautiful" embryos to freeze and she was "very pleased" with how they grew!!!
    Yey!!
    Also, I had cramping all night and according to what I read I should be implanting today and/or tomorrow.
    So, I'm thinking if the ones in the lab were a little slow to grow but then grew "beautifully" maybe the ones IN me are doing the same (I read somewhere girl embryos grow slower than boy). So maybe I can be cautiously optimistic!
    7/22
    These are new symptoms I've never had in the TWW any thoughts?
    -my normally super dry hair I wash every 3rd day is actually oily. I have NEVER had oily hair in my life.
    -yes, we are having record heat but I'm still always cold today I was inside, with the a/c and I was burning up. Like a 2 hr long hot flash.
    -groin pain, I feel like I've been donkey kicked in the clit.
    -bloat, this is not abnormal but it was so bad I was short of breath.

7/24
    Still BFN

Yesterday I had BAD AF cramps
    This morning I woke up with a really sore back and when I brushed my guns bleed- not surprised cause they have felt "puffy" for 4-5 days.
    Still having occasional waves of nausea.
    Slept in till noon (I did wake up for 30 min or so around 7)
    No motivation to do anything.
    Last night I ate 4-5 bites of dinner and was full but drank 3 glasses of sprite.
    Constant thirst.
    All signs point to bfp BUT I keep reminding myself I'm on progesterone and estrogen.
    My beta is 7/29 8:30am
    edited November -1
    IVF was a BFN
    We are going to ask DHs mom if she'll pay for the FET and I think we are going to shoot for September.
    I am so sad.
    edited October 2011
    Well, AF didn't come till late Sept so now we are shooting for Nov. DH's mom did agree to pay so yey!
    The 2 embryos that were left in storage were both "A" grade so as the saying goes, I'm putting all my eggs in one basket as this is our last shot.

10/10 I've been on BCPs 3 weeks, I start real meds late Oct, and the FET will be 11/28 yey!
    edited November -1
    I start my meds tonight and FET got changed to 11/30 because of th REs schedule and thanksgiving.
    edited November -1
    I've had 2 u/s so far. Lining looks good. I start my progesterone shots next week which I'm not excited about. I'm also wearing 3! Estrogen patches...
    The baby psychic said I would have twin boys so here's to hoping!
    edited November -1
    FET went really well. Both embryos survived the thaw, one was already hatching. Dr seemed very optimistic.

And now we wait. I have 4 wondfo's so I think I'll test Sunday. (Today is Thurs, FET was yesterday.)
    edited November -1
    6dp6dt BFP.

I've not really had any symptoms. Some cramping, sore bb' s and last night dry mouth and 9dpo h/a but that's about it.
  • mrslebrewmrslebrew Posts: 344
    edited November -1
    Wow, what amazing journey you went through. So happy you and DH finally got your BFP!
    sGRVCbm.jpgsGRVm4.png
    picture365.jpg