Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Pictures of Dewer, NW Instructions and Supplies

Comments

• 1baby1day1baby1day Posts: 520
    edited November -1
    Everything Sandy said is true, you will get Toxic Shock Syndrome if you put unwashed sperm directly into your cervix. When I used the catheter, it was my intention to get the sperm as close to the base of the cervix as possible without going into the cervix. If you are doing ICI just use the syringe....so much easier. :)
    pic1a-1.jpg
    My baby, Stella ~ My nephew Alex and I (Denise) at Thanksgiving 2010
    10 TTC's over 15 months - all BFN
  • poems0431poems0431 Posts: 337
    edited November -1
    Thank you for this posting. It is very informative and helpfulful, and congratulations on your BFP!
    IT'S A BOY!
    1st beta 456 at 15dpo
    2nd beta 6000 at 22 dpo
    NuNSm5.png
  • poems0431poems0431 Posts: 337
    edited November -1
    Also I just wanted to point out that this happens if you put ici unwashed sperm inside the Uterus and not the cervix. Ici is for inter cervical insems, and inter vaginal insems. A lot of women on this board have gotten there bps by placing the catheter a little way inside the cervix using ici sperm. Iui sperm is for interuterine insems and is washed sperm which is the only type of sperm that is placed directly inside the uterus.
    IT'S A BOY!
    1st beta 456 at 15dpo
    2nd beta 6000 at 22 dpo
    NuNSm5.png
  • SamiD08SamiD08 Posts: 38
    edited November -1
    This is probably a dumb question... is that the same shipper they use if you just purchase the sperm shipping kit and use a donor you know rather than buying the sperm from the cryobank? I've already purchased the sperm shipping kit and it is going to be delivered on or around wednesday of next week.
  • kacyleandrakacyleandra Posts: 7
    edited November -1
    im new here and have been researching this due to the fact I have a daughter who will be nine and wants a sibling so bad. I dont want to wait for a man. so here I am. Im a little confused on the ICI/IUI and washed and unwashed and then the whole where to place it. Can someone please explain it to me. I will be doing it by my self and whats the easiest way possible. And really whats the cost? Sorry for all the questions
  • MinnowmommaMinnowmomma Posts: 1
    edited April 2011
    I am also new here so stwrr,thanks so much for the info!I will be ttc in june(i would like to get a late spring baby) and your info makes the process so much clearer to me. To kacyleandra i also have a 9 yo dd who has been asking for a brother for the last 5 years,and i have given up on waiting for mr. right.
  • cAtWmN84cAtWmN84 Posts: 462
    edited November -1
    does bring back memories of when i conceived adri!i accidentally touched the caine part.it burned!so be careful ladies!
    yqOs9SZ.jpgyqOsm5.png
    Qkvimpd.jpgQkvim4.png
    dxnZweE.jpgdxnZm5.png
  • ad612ad612 Posts: 389
    edited November -1
    i just got my tank yesterday. that thing looks beat up!

and i got TEN hpts!?? i was expecting one from reading this thread but i got a bag of 10 !! Thats crazy.

And also i got no counts of any kind....?
  • Dance-Pray-LoveDance-Pray-Love Posts: 143
    edited November -1
    Do the gloves come with the tank ??????
    cj14yB7.jpgcj14m7.png
  • OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
    edited November -1
    No (at least mine didn't) ... we used socks because we live in Florida and have no gloves lol
    Hubby of kopykat451
    TTC #1 5/16/11 = BFP 14 DPI / TTC #2 11/16/12 = No O; 4/12/13= BFN; 6/9/13 = BFP!! (11 DPI) - MC 5wk5dys / TTC#3 3 BFN's and 4th try 10/21/13 = BFP!!!! (Squinter at 10dpi!)
    AVPCm4.png
    stitchlove_3_2013_zpsdd668ea6.jpg
    2014.png
  • onmyownonmyown Posts: 300
    edited November -1
    OneSmallStep--socks...cute! I used oven mitts the first time because it was August and my gloves were in storage!
  • Dance-Pray-LoveDance-Pray-Love Posts: 143
    edited November -1
    You guys are funny ! I live in AZ so Same problem here ! lol Well If sock worked for you then SOCKS it is for me !
    cj14yB7.jpgcj14m7.png
  • deneice2004deneice2004 Posts: 4
    edited November -1
    Just wanted to add that the dewar no longer states cryobank on the side.
  • tellytelly Posts: 625
    edited November -1
    lol i just posted a blog askin how it looks..
    2014-04-26%2000.27.50.jpg

eNortjKzUjIyNDI3tFSyBlwwFXgC0w,,63.png
  • akirtsakirts Posts: 6
    edited November -1
    Thank you so much for posting this. It made is so much less scary when we got our shipment on Dec. 2. We are now in our two week wait, with about 9 days left. I am praying for a miracle, since I am 41 and TTC my first child.
  • stwrrstwrr Posts: 455 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You are welcome! I'm really glad it's been helpful to so many.

Say... if anyone currently receiving shipments has a digital camera, would you take a picture of the outside of the dewer's shipping box and post it here? I heard they don't say Northwest Cryobank on them anymore, and I bet other women would like to know what the boxes look like now. We only ever got two shipments, because in our good fortune, we conceived on the second try, and our Little Lady was born just over three weeks ago. :)

I'm rooting for you Akirts - at 41 you are definitely still in the game. There are many wonderful success stories here from women over 40. I hope you keep us updated!

~ Sandy
    407251321.jpg
  • akirtsakirts Posts: 6
    edited November -1
    Thank you stwrr! I will definitely keep you all updated. :) Btw, the shipping box does NOT say NW Cryobank on them, nor does it mention anything about the contents. I didn't take a picture, however. :( But, the shipper looks exactly the same as what you have posted only no glaring info about the contents.
  • mrslebrewmrslebrew Posts: 344
    edited November -1
    Super excited to receive my Dewer and packet full of goodies tomorrow! :) lol
    sGRVCbm.jpgsGRVm4.png
    picture365.jpg
  • KimbaKimba Posts: 12
    edited November -1
    @stwrr! Thank you for the great pics of the dewer. My DH and I are hoping to start our first round of home insem and I am so nervous. We have been TTC for two years. This is the only way I think we can truly financially afford it. After reading others attempts of AI/IUI/IVF, it seems as though it takes quite a few tries. I know that we do not have it financially to keep doing it so I am hoping to have a miracle like the rest of us using this site. Would it be possible to email you directly to ask a few more personal questions? I would really appreciate it. Thanks so much! I am still new at this so not sure how to send you a direct email.
  • stwrrstwrr Posts: 455 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Heya Kimba,

I would be happy to try to answer any of your questions. To email me, click on my username to the left of these words, and select "Send Forum Email". I'm always happy to help however I can. :)

~ Sandy
    407251321.jpg
  • ExcitedExcited Posts: 110
    edited November -1
    Thank You, You guys are great It helps calm some of the anxiousness of waiting on the packages. :D

First, the dewer in its box. The box is 1 foot wide and deep, and 2 feet high. I can lift it, and I'm not that strong... so less than 20 pounds.

395499950.jpg

Next, what's written on the side of the box. NW did say they'll be getting new boxes soon, that don't scream
    1328746232038.jpg
    Together since 5/30/2009 In Love Since We Met
    I'm on your left, DP on your right (I will carry)
    1st attempt will be 3/2012 So Excited
  • ExcitedExcited Posts: 110
    edited November -1
    I thank you all for the pics. It was great and informative. Good idea :)
    1328746232038.jpg
    Together since 5/30/2009 In Love Since We Met
    I'm on your left, DP on your right (I will carry)
    1st attempt will be 3/2012 So Excited
  • saraleesaralee Posts: 504
    edited November -1
    WOW! Great thread. Don't ask me why but I was imagining the dewar being too big for me to even carry. I envisioned some monster sized piece of equipment and even that was causing me apprehension. Thank you for calming down the punk in me. :lol:
    Baby boy joined us April 11, 2013, and we are so in *LOVE*!
  • TanaTana Posts: 18
    edited November -1
    Thanks so much for taking the time to post these! I was really nervous about the packaging and how difficult it would be to actually get the vials out. I feel 100 times better about it now!
  • NeneNene Posts: 5
    edited November -1
    Ok I have a question I order my little guys today
  • NeneNene Posts: 5
    edited November -1
  • LX2LX2 Posts: 25
    edited November -1
    This is a great way to know what me and DP will expect to see in a few months!..Fantastic! :D
  • AnaniaAnania Posts: 45
    edited November -1
    We will be getting ours tomorrow. This is try # 5 & 6, but the 1st at home insem for us. We are staying positive & hoping it happens. :D
    PICS9435.jpg
    TTC#1:BFN TTC#2:BFN TTC#3:BFN TTC#4:BFN (1-4 all done at fertility clinic)2-21-12 TTC #5/6:(at home insem)BFN
    Trying again in April
  • LX2LX2 Posts: 25
    edited February 2012
    Anania wrote:
    We will be getting ours tomorrow. This is try # 5 & 6, but the 1st at home insem for us. We are staying positive & hoping it happens. :D
    AWWW...Baby Dust to you all! :)
  • HadleyHadley Posts: 97
    edited April 2012
    x