Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

How soon can I get pregnant after Depo shot?

JackDurhamJackDurham Posts: 1
edited November -1 in NW Cryobank Happenings
I took two shots of depo. So I was on it for six months. Never did I stop menstruating. I spotted the entire time. I'm off it now and still spotting, some cramping lately too. I was wondering how long it would take for it to wear off so I could try and conceive?
Ive heard it can last up to 18 months, even though I only had two shots. Would there be anyway of regulating me and speeding up this process?
Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    HeatherAndRaeHeatherAndRae Posts: 1,041
    edited November -1
    Here's what I have to say: GOOD LUCK!!! I was on Depo after having my twins. I had a progressively horrible reaction to it so when it was time to get my 4th shot, I didn't. I had stopped having my period but that was the only "good" side effect. My OB/GYN told me that 20% of the population gets the reactions I was having (well, thanks for the warning doc!!! grrr) After my 4th shot was due and I did not get it, I suspected I would get my period within 2-3 months and then start on the pill. I was due to get that shot in November. In April, I had still not gotten my period. My dr said the soonest he had ever had anyone get pregnant coming off that shot was 9 months after the last shot was due but it was typically closer to 12-18 mos (this was back in 1996). Like I said, my Depo shot was due for November and I did not get it. No period. Nothing. In April, I met a guy and was stupid (unprotected sex). In May (6 mos after shot was due), I took a pregnancy test - AS A JOKE - and it was positive!! I'd had no reason to suspect I was pregnant. No period. No ovulation pains (which are notorious for me). Nothing. And yet, I got pregnant. My daughter was born the end of Jan of 1997, 14 months after my last shot of Depo was due.

I think coming off of Depo is one of the more difficult ones to predict.