Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Praying for our BFP

destinydestiny Posts: 723 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Our Train of Hope
We decided to start TTC the being of 2011 getting intune with my cycle the first 2 months, we made our first attempt in March, 01, 2011 with 1 iui vial. To be begginers we thought we did ok. But had major leakage. Of course our 1st TTC cycle was a BFN and we were totally crushed. I was hoping to be one of those women you had some first time luck and recieve a BFP, but unfortunately I wasn't. We toke April off to prepared for May 23, 2011 our second attempted (same donor) 1iui vial again we assume we did pretty good. Boy in our TWW we thought we nailed it with all the symptoms I was showing. Then AF came and rained on our parade. We came to the conclusion that maybe this donor was just not for us. So we toke June off to debate and choose our second choice donor. Ready for July with a new donor 2 ICI vials, before our vials arrived we got a super early +opk and decided we would try for August. Out third attempt August 05, 2011 , were so ready for our BFP, and to become mommies. I just know it will happen for us, I will remain positive and patient.

~praying to be a mom~
KZNUm6.png

Comments

• BabyBumpBabyBump Posts: 4
    edited November -1
    I hope u get your BFP this time!! I'm trying 4 the 1st time in a couple of weeks & I'm soooooo excited!! The only thing I'm not looking forward 2 is the dreadful BFN so I'm hoping that maybe I can scoop up some of that beginners luck!! Baby dust 2 u!!!
  • destinydestiny Posts: 723 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well AF came and rained on my parade for our third TTC cycle. As plan we agreed to try 3 home inseminations and if failed we would move on to RE assisted IUI. Our first appointment is Sept.23rd . In kinda sad because we have to sit out and wait on TTC ...... I hoping whatever tests are ran come back fine so we can go on with the show !!
    KZNUm6.png
  • TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think it's great that you gave your self a set number of tries and then moved on to getting help. DP and I did the same thing and when after our second try at home, unmedicated, we still got a BFN, she spoke to her OBGYN who did some bloodwork and found out DP was not ovulating on her own, so think of all the money we would have wasted on sperm if we had kept on going, not knowing she wasn't ovulating on her own. We had to sit out for 3 months to get the right dose of clomid to make her ovulate. We then did 3 at home cycles using the clomid and got BFNs each time. OBGYN decided we should go in to see an RE, our second attempt with the RE resulted in our BFP. Although DP did have a miscarriage early we plan on trying again next month hopefully. But anyhow, I just wanted to say I know it is hard having to sit out a few cycles, but in the long run it is worth it to know that everything is working and that you have a pro there to help you when you need it!!

Good luck, here's to a quick BFP after your RE visit!!!
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • tyme2risetyme2rise Posts: 1,087
    edited November -1
    I am in the same boat as you gals. We have tried many times and got bfn- ahhh. Its so frustrating to tcc. My friend had a two day old baby boy and we went to see him today. Its so hard not to be jelous. I hope we all get bfp soon-
    Some day my dreams will come true!
    edited November -1
    Awesome news for us today !!! 1st RE appoinment got bumped to tomorrow !!! I talked to the receptionist to get some things cleared up that I wasnt understanding and some insurance stuff. Apparently she assumed i was in a heterosexual realtionship, she asked how long have me and my husband have been trying.. haha. So I corrected her and explained our journey(same sex relationship and TTC) she then seem to be more sympathetic and understanding of my cry for help. She bumped my appointment to tomorrow asked me to be there at 2pm to dicuss my options on what can be done.
    KZNUm6.png
    edited November -1
    RE appointment went great today. My RE is awesome and is going straight to work like I wanted him to. Will call and scheduled an HSG for cd 7 when cycle day 1 hits for Septmeber. Looking to do 1st IUI in October !!
    KZNUm6.png
    edited November -1
    Kind of nervous of the fact that my HSG procedure is quickly approaching.... The 22nd of sept. So many thoughts are going through my head right now....what if my tubes are damaged or severly block making it impossible for me to conceive. I pray everything is alright ......glad dp will be there for support.
    KZNUm6.png
    edited November -1
    Good luck tomorrow!!! Hope everything is clear!!
    IGXwm4.png
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
    edited November -1
    Wow I was worried for nothing .! HSG was yesterday and I just felt a slight a pinch and cramp then a little pressure and thats it. I was in and out .... Great news my tubes are clear and open ! I will call RE today to see whats the next step.....I'm hoping he'll say IUI for October! Thanks for your positive vibes and GL's ladies ! And baby dust!
    KZNUm6.png
  • LexnaniLexnani Posts: 398 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's awesome news!!!
    edited November -1
    So happy everything was clear. GL with ttc!! Hope to see your bfp soon! We are hoping to be trying again in Oct. As long as DP period comes when its supposed to we will be able to. Are you going to do re assisted?
    IGXwm4.png
    edited November -1
    Thanks lexnani and theotherlovingmoms !
    That's great I hope you get to join me in October for a iui. Yes I'm doing dr assisted.
    KZNUm6.png
    edited November -1
    Got my RE call I've been waiting on .....Tubes are infact clear and perfect .......IUI is on for October !! Woot Woot ! So exicited and just cant wait. We are so praying October will be our month and will get our July baby !
    KZNUm6.png
    edited November -1
    So glad to hear that. What part of October will you be doing your IUI? Ours will be somewhere around the 15th
    IGXwm4.png
    edited November -1
    The 20ish ...like 23rd I'm so happy you guys will the be trying again in October !! Will you be using clomid+trigger with your iui again ?
    KZNUm6.png
    edited November -1
    Sending loads and loads of baby dust your way!!!!
    edited November -1
    destiny wrote:
    The 20ish ...like 23rd I'm so happy you guys will the be trying again in October !! Will you be using clomid+trigger with your iui again ?

Yes DP will be taking clomid again, cd 3-7. Just waiting on AF to show, of course the month we want to start trying again AF decides she wants to take her sweet time arriving, the dang witch!!! We will be doing the trigger shot again also, and will have cd 12 u/s done to check size of follies, that is usually the night we trigger too, then in to the RE 35 hrs later for IUI. If the witch doesn't show in the next day or 2 we may be doing ours the same day you gals do yours!!!! Got my fingers x for all of us!!!!
    IGXwm4.png
    edited November -1
    Right on !
    KZNUm6.png
    edited November -1
    AF finally arrived for our IUI cycle!!! Were so ready to do this !
    KZNUm6.png
    edited November -1
    10/25/11 - Got +opk at 2:00 pm
    10/26/11- 24 hrs later " IUI DAY "RE was impressed with our donors sperm count, DP got to see those babies move under the microscope she said there were thousands of them and moving fast ! I was so glad to hear that, DP got to dispense our swimmers and I layed back for 2 hrs.As of now just slight cramping, bleeding and feeling bloated. Praying that the 4th time is a Charm and gives us a July baby.....and the wait the begins : )
    KZNUm6.png
    edited November 2011
    Well here we are again facing another BFN cycle. Will we ever get our BFP and a baby. Once again we so thought we had this cycle and we would finally get what we been wishing and praying for. I don't how much more DP and I can take of this. We'v actually been TTC much longer than you know, which was before we join the boards using a know donor for 6 months with no success, which brought us to here. Our TTC journey has to be postpone and hopefully we will get to start back up at the beginning of the year.
    KZNUm6.png
    edited November 2011
    Sorry to hear = (
    edited November -1
    Well were back from 2 months off of TTC.! What better way to start the year off with a BFP !! Our hopes are we get it ! Our 5th attempt will be Janurary 16th, were shooting for a later insemination timing 28-33 since all our previous attemtps have been at 24, 18 4&14 , and 19 after +opk. 1 week and 1 day until our IUI so excited !!!!!!
    KZNUm6.png
  • Ms.KateMs.Kate Posts: 1,216
    edited November -1
    Hey girl, just wanted to wish you all the luck in the world. Also the timing sounds good.
    edited November -1
    You are in our thoughts and prayers!!!!! FX!!!!!
    edited November -1
    Giving an overdue update since the forum has been down. January was our 5th attempt 3rd donor overall but first time trying this donor. IUI was done on January 16th, 21.5 hrs after the +opk. Got my BFP at 9dpo on FRER and PREGNANT on digital at 11dpo. I thought this was so out of our grasp in happening. We just can't believe our little bean is growing inside my tummy !! :)
    KZNUm6.png
  • PinkieLeePinkieLee Posts: 26
    edited November -1
    I have been following your story for awhile now, and wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS on your BFP! Your story gives me hope ~ we are currently in the tww on our 5th try, too.
    Happy & Healthy 9 months to you mommy!
    ufhxm6.png
    edited November -1
    Thanks pinkielee !!! I pray the 5th time is a charm for y'all also !! Gl and please keep me updated ! :)
    KZNUm6.png
  • mrslebrewmrslebrew Posts: 344
    edited November -1
    Destiny, For your BFP cycle did you AI at home or at the RE?
    sGRVCbm.jpgsGRVm4.png
    picture365.jpg
    edited November -1
    Our bfp cycle we did the IUI with an RE ...
    KZNUm6.png