Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Introduce Yourself :)

Comments

• tiffspradtiffsprad Posts: 557
    edited November -1
    I am Tiffany and my sweet Wife is Jessica. I am 29 and she is 22. We have been together for 4 years and live in Cayce, South Carolina. She is an EMT and I am a
    Paralegal. We have been planning, hoping and wishing for quite sometime. October will be our first time ttc. We have planned for the last year to use a known donor and just last week he backed out so we are moving forward with Northwest Chryo. I hope and pray to be a member of the bfp after the first try club. I'm thankful to have found this forum. Good luck and best wishes to you all.

tiffjess18.jpg
  • tiffspradtiffsprad Posts: 557
    edited November -1
    brehubb88 wrote:
    Hey there everyone!! This is Bre and Becca and we are from St Cloud, Mn. 22 and 23 years old and have been happily together for four years now. We have finally got our career paths going and ready to add to our family (2 huskies and one husky/rott). We are going to try at home insemination starting next month, and are hoping for some beginners luck! We look foward to sharing our experience with everyone!!

DSC04882-1.jpg
    Good luck bre and becca!
  • Kinda&SaraKinda&Sara Posts: 100
    edited November -1
    Hi everyone! My name is Kinda and my beautiful wifey's name is Sara (we are both 29). We have been together since '05, married in '08, married LEGALLY in '09 and trying to conceive since earlier this summer, using an accessible known donor (I'm carrying). Our story is a little backwards. We went into this thinking we would be doing IUIs at the fertility clinic. KD went through all necessary steps through our local cryobank. We have some of his goods frozen and ready to use once I'm done fulfilling my requirements. However, we talked to a couple who suggested that, since we have access to fresh sperm, we should take advantage of it and try it at home first. Our 1st insem we were still learning a lot and so the timing was totally off. 2nd and 3rd insem were timed pretty perfectly but we got a couple BFN's. Expecting a surge tonight and doing insem #4 tonight and/or tomorrow! Wish us luck and lots of baby dust!
    saraandkinda-1.jpg
  • alionaLalionaL Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    Hello guys and girls, I'm a newbie and I hope I'm welcome here. I really find this forum so interesting because I'm also trying to conceive. I have a child but not biologically mine that's why we're doing every possible ways to have our very own child. hope to enjoy my stay.
  • accntf1accntf1 Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hello Everyone , I am new to the site and to self insemination. I would like to have more kids as I have a 14 year old son now. I am going to attempt to self inseminate . I need answers and support . I look forward to meeting people on this site. Thanks
  • F2M n SpouseF2M n Spouse Posts: 1,021 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey everyone. My name is Heath and my GF's name is Nicole. We are both in our early 20's and in college. Nicki is going to school to become a Veterinarian and I am going to school to become a Forensic Science Technician. We have been together for 5 years and we have known eachother for basically 1.5 decades. lol. We are from West Michigan. We always knew we wanted to have a family with many children but just recently decided to try Artificial Insemination. We are looking to try an at home procedure and stumbled upon NW. We are looking to have our first attempt next month, November 2011. We have 5 four legged children and cant wait to introduce our first 2 legged baby into our family. haha. I am a female to male transsexual and that is why we are here choosing a sperm donor for AI. The people here seem very supportive and very friendly. Thanks! :)
    rs4mis.jpg
    28i0tph.jpg
  • che_aramiche_arami Posts: 787
    edited November -1
    hi Heath and Nicki! welcome and good luck next month : ) keep us updated on how it goes!!
    got our miracle BFP on first IVF after 3 years TTC. DS born may 20, 2015 after emergency cesarean. all are doing well and trying to figure out this new journey!!
  • TajaTaja Posts: 3
    edited November -1
    Hi everyone! I've actually been lurking for several months, but thought it was finally time to join in. I'm Taja (29) and my DP is Alison (28). We are going to be trying for our first baby next month (November)! I'll be carrying this first time around. We live in Oklahoma and I'm an RN and Alison is in school for computer science. We've been together for almost 10 years and have decided that we are finally in a place to start a family. We also have two Cardigan Welsh Corgis, Scrabble and Andy. Anyway, I look forward to meeting you all, even though I feel like I know so many of you already. I feel that I have already learned so much from you guys!
    Ozo1m5.png
  • isusarahisusarah Posts: 16
    edited November -1
    Hi All! Good luck on all your journeys!

DH and I have been thinking about at-home AI for some time and I've been stalking this forum for years! Now we're ready to go in Jan and are doing all the "prep work." He's had a lot of medical procedures in his lifetime so we both like the "natural" aspect of at-home. Just trying to pick a donor...

Great to meet you all!
    Me (36) and DH (49), 7 at home tries, some IUI some ICI. All bfn RE testing, all okay or good. 3/15, RE IUI- BFN. June-RE IUI #2- BFP! Chemical :( July IUI- bfn. Aug RE follow up consult.
  • CunniKlovCunniKlov Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    Hello, just introducing myself...Heather&Beni told me about this site. So my husband and I have been trying to concieve for the last 7 months with absolutely no luck. I have PCOS and extremely irregular periods. Currently I've been on my period for 8 weeks and still counting. It's very frustrating. We have a 3 1/2 year old son and have put off having another for some time due to his special needs, and now we are having difficulty conceiving. Our OBGYN won't let us try any fertility meds until we try for a year because "we're so young" (24 & 25), so we're j ust kind of stuck waiting right now. I can't go to a fertility doctor on my own bc I need a referral. Any suggestions would be great!
  • Alyssa&MeganAlyssa&Megan Posts: 1
    edited October 2011
    Greetings All!

My name is Alyssa (37). My partner Megan (41) and I have been together for 2 years, friends for 10...;o)

We began TTC 3 cycles ago. August we did an ICI at home. Last month, we did an IUI at a women's clinic in Chicago. No takers...;o) We just did our 2nd IUI at CWHC just this past Thursday and Friday. (It's Sunday today!) So fingers crossed...

We are wishing all of you the best of luck and lots of love!

Cheers,
    A
    edited November -1
    hey alyssa and megan, i did my two months of ttc at CWHC too!! i'm still waiting to see if this last one took : ) awesome to know you guys are trying there too!!! have you gone to the ai support group at all? fingers crossed for all of us....
    got our miracle BFP on first IVF after 3 years TTC. DS born may 20, 2015 after emergency cesarean. all are doing well and trying to figure out this new journey!!
  • shan&nicshan&nic Posts: 9
    edited November -1
    Hello!

My name is Nicki (39), my wife, Shannon (37). After 9 years together we decided to try. We just started this process and have no idea what we are doing but we are going to give it a shot. My concern is my age, at 39 it's scary.
  • usvetusvet Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hello I'm Yvette. I am new to nwcryobank . Just wanted to say hey.
  • ahutson0430ahutson0430 Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    my name is Angel and I am new to the site...I will be doing my first insemination this month...I am a single mom of an awesome 9 year old son and now wanting to add to our little family.....little nervous but im also excited....
  • ahutson0430ahutson0430 Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    i am 36 and going to be trying and i have the same concerns..
    shan&nic wrote:
    Hello!

My name is Nicki (39), my wife, Shannon (37). After 9 years together we decided to try. We just started this process and have no idea what we are doing but we are going to give it a shot. My concern is my age, at 39 it's scary.
  • jjbaby1jjbaby1 Posts: 49
    edited November -1
    Hey Guys!

I've been around the forums for quite some time but have never posted. Well the time is FINALLY here, DP and I have decided its time to try for baby #1 (**Screeching while doing my --> Happy Dance --Happy Danceee.....**) We live on the east coast (philadelphia) and I have to say...I am extremely thankful for this board. You guys have answered so many questions from where to start all the way to the legal end for us. Well I wont talk your ear off but here's to the beginning of making dreams come true....

-J
  • hopingforbabymchopingforbabymc Posts: 140
    edited November -1
    My DH and I have been together for 4 years now and married for 1. We've been TTC on our own for 2 (almost 3) years. Last year we both had all kinds of tests run. I had my tubes checked, my uterus checked, hormones checked (a little high), and a laproscopy to remove cysts and endometriosis. DH has had his hormones checked, his testicles scanned, and several sperm analysis done. He was ultimately diagnosed with MFI because of low testtosterone levels, 2 variocles, and low counts all the way around. We've thought about IVF and continued to try on our own, with no luck. In 4 years I have never seen a BFP. We've decided that we both want to raise a family and before I get much older. Instead of paying 20k for something that may or may not work, we've decided to give DS a try. It's been a hard decision for us, especially DH, but I think we've arrived at a solid ground where we both want the same thing. Right now I'm on BCP to suppress my hormones nice and low (I had a cyst growing last month) and then when I'm done, we'll do clomid with a trigger with DS. My DH is going to attempt to do our AI (he's scared sh*tless) and we're hoping for the best! I have an 11 year old son from a previous marriage that has been waiting a LONG time to be a big brother.
    ttc.png
  • cassie_nicolecassie_nicole Posts: 9
    edited October 2011
    Hi, we are Cassie and Nicole. We've been married for about 3 years and together for 5. Just ordered our first 2 vials from NW. We are excited, nervous and anxious! This forum has been of great help over the last year as we read all your stories and starting planning this new chapter of our lives, so even though this is our first post we already feel like we know everyone :)

Looking forward to sharing our story and learning more from all of you!
  • F2M n SpouseF2M n Spouse Posts: 1,021 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome Cassie and Nicole. we just had our first attempt on Wednesday and Thursay, waiting to take our first pregnancy test. We used donor 2812 as well since he closely resembles my BF by profile and looks. Just sucks as my BF has freckles and we both really wanted them passed on and we have no idea if he has them. lol. Anyways welcome and good luck to you as well. When they finally set up the sibling registry we hope to see you there! ;)
    rs4mis.jpg
    28i0tph.jpg
  • cassie_nicolecassie_nicole Posts: 9
    edited November -1
    Exciting!!! We are crossing our fingers for you two :) That sibling registry is going to be cool. I'm glad we decided to post.

We did the same thing as far as choosing him. Nicole is going to carry so we just tried to match me as best as possible!

I hope this next week goes fast, I can only imagine what the waiting is going to feel like lol
  • StaceyStacey Posts: 7
    edited November -1
    Hello, I am Stacey and 30yrs.old soon to be a year older. I have been pondering on having a baby for a while. so after some research and talking with my BF, who can no longer have kids, have decided to go with a donor. I had my first appointment yesterday and will begin clomid next month..EXCITED but scared as well....I am telling myself to just go with the flow and whats meant to be will be, knowing that the process may take 3 or 4 tries I can't help but to hope it takes on the first try. I know that not all women are the same and I have read stories of women conceiving on the first try, wondering if any of you ladies have and if you carried to term? I look forward to reading encourging stories as well as any advice ones could give....Thanks so much!
  • HogwaffleHogwaffle Posts: 178
    edited November -1
    Hi there everyone, figured I should introduce myself so I can start asking all the burning questions I have! Been with my partner almost six years and got married about a year and a half ago. We both want kids and have been kicking around the options for a while now. Once we found out NW will let you do it at home, we were sold for giving it a try. It's been good to lurk here and read about some of your experiences. I'll be carrying first because I'm older, and I'd really like to have a baby girl, so if anyone has any donor suggestions for a girl, lemme know! =)
  • LX2LX2 Posts: 25
    edited November -1
    Hello everybody!!..We are Jess and Leigh and we are truly excited to take this journey to parenthood!! We are engaged to be wed on 10~20~12!! We will hopefully start the process very soon..We hope to meet some great people here...:)
  • hopenfaith4babyhopenfaith4baby Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hello all!

I have been visiting the forum for about 3 years now while patiently waiting for my opportunity to TTC. In August of this year DH and I finally made the decision to move forward. We ended up with a BFN. With the special that NW is running, we decided to TTC again this month. We are keeping our fingers crossed.

I just wanted to say that I have read so many of the posts here and it feels so good to know that there are other women who are going through this as well. I have so many friends who have recently gotten pregnant or already have children and it just seems like they don't really understand my situation. Thank you for sharing your experiences here and for giving hope to those of us who are new to this and unsure of how this process works.
  • BeeAndVeeBeeAndVee Posts: 16
    edited November -1
    Hello, I'm Bee, of BeeandVee. I'm 33, TTC #3, and have two daughters from a previous relationship. My wife and I have been trying to get pregnant since December '08, though we've only had the chance to inseminate 5 times. As of today, I'm 4dpo with a NWA donor. We've had 4 unsuccessful at-home ICIs, then switched it up to IUI this month. We were careful in the process, researched it diligently, and followed the instructions to a T. I used to have a different username, but once my IRL friends found me, I deleted all my previous posts and created this new name. I look forward to learning so much from y'all!
    ICI#1:BFN. ICI#2:BFN. ICI#3:BFN. ICI#4:BFN. IUI#1:BFN
  • toddler20toddler20 Posts: 7
    edited November -1
    Hi everybody. I am Nick Jackson newbie to the forum. I love to participate in Kids related participation because I am a preschool kid's trainer.
  • born2bamamaborn2bamama Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hello all :). I am 31, TTC #1, single and hopeful. I have been researching the AI process for some years now and have decided to finally go for it! I have been charting my BBT, using OT, and using EPO, raspberry tea, etc. to increase chances naturally. I am ready to order...but, how much time should I allow for shipping? I would like to order this Friday and receive it by Tuesday...is this possible? I don't mind paying extra for expedited delivery..just need to have an idea if I can make it this cycle or wait until next. Also, any tips/suggestions about self IUI using a catheter would be greatly appreciated! I am so excited to begin this journey...and welcome any words of wisdom to get me to that BFP! Thank you in advance :)
    edited November -1
    welcome xo!! i love your quote : ), and i love that you're heading forward full steam! wishing you all the luck in the world.
  • darkb3auty03darkb3auty03 Posts: 3
    edited November -1
    Im Nikki and Im new to this whole ttc process and to this forum. My wife and I are in the process of ttc our first child, and are excited to start our own family. We will be doing IUI with donor sperm. I would love to meet other couples to share this journey with for great friendships. :)
    2moms ttc #1