Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

UPDATE

TrishlettesTrishlettes Posts: 674
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
My first post in the new forum.

I started my IVF Cycle.
CD 3 Ultrasound reveals a whopping 6 antral follicles. Not so great but what can I expect I am 40 going on 41 in May. (I had also read that being on Birth Control makes those antrals really tiny and they can be missed on U/S heres hoping for one or two more!)

FSH 6.6 LH 3.8 E2 <20 (from being on the pills)
Im doing Micro dose lupron because the last time I was on full strength lupron it supressed me so badly my E2 was not rising and threw me into a mini menopause. OMG the constant headache for 10 days almost killed me and the cycle cancelled to boot.

SO Micro dose is 10 units twice a day. First and second day horrible headache today not bad, I think because the follicles are growing and my estrogen is going up. (hopefully!)

Nurse said my retrieval should be the week of the 6th. She said they usually do 3dt for older women. Embies like the uterus better than a dish. Younger women they like to grow em out to blastocysts (5dt) as they are less fragile.

Gonal f 150units AM 225units PM

Menopur 75units AM (HOLY BURN)

Accupuncture once or twice a week depending on symptoms. I had an extra session yesterday due to the headache from hell.

Praying for a good egg! :D
54W9ZxL.jpg54W9m5.png

Comments

• TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    good luck!
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • TheMysticalOneTheMysticalOne Posts: 850 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck--here's to hoping all goes well!! :)
  • njmommanjmomma Posts: 531
    edited November -1
    Good luck!!!
    PL87cIN.jpgPL87m4.png
  • lovelymswolflovelymswolf Posts: 149
    edited November -1
    Good luck trish.. I want this for you so bad!! I did injectibles so I can feel your pain, although what you are going through is much more of a process.. Best of luck to you!!!!!
    Fall2011358-1-1.jpg
    3qtim7.png
  • KYSTKYST Posts: 148
    edited November -1
    I'm so glad you updated! I've been wondering about you. I'm cheering you on!
  • graceinflgraceinfl Posts: 1,743
    edited November -1
    I hope you will be announcing your BFP soon!!! Good luck!
  • onmyownonmyown Posts: 300
    edited November -1
    I'll be wishing on a star for you! Hope this is it!
  • minnie0672minnie0672 Posts: 1,264
    edited November -1
    You know I'm cheering for you girl :) I really hope that this is it for you!!!!! *HUG*
    6 IUI's resulting in BFN. 7th IUI was the fun one with pregnant...then not...then ectopic at 7 weeks...IVF #1 - miscarriage...IVF #2 miscarriage 5w6d...IVF #3 cancelled due to not growing embryos and pneumonia...IVF# 4 same old story...BFP then miscarriage...this is getting old...onto possibly Donor Egg or Donor Embryo
  • Ms.KateMs.Kate Posts: 1,216
    edited November -1
    I forgot to tell you that Menopur burns :( It just does. :( Sorry. And I'm sorry about the headaches.
    Honestly, after you get your BFP you'll forget all about those injections and headaches. Well, okay, maybe not forget...but it is SO worth it. I'm very excited for you!
  • FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    Thinking of you, Trish!! Can't wait to hear that all those pokes, burning and $$ was worth it and you have a beautiful baby to show for it!!
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • 2moms_somewhere2moms_somewhere Posts: 305
    edited November -1
    How exciting! Good luck!