Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

8 days?!

OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
First off, how in the heck have we gotten down to only 8 days left?! Wow! It still feels like only yesterday we were in the TWW!

Secondly, here's an update on us. On 1/23 we moved! We had a bad neighbors issue at our last place, and we've allowed DW's friend to stay/move in with us while she gets on her feet so we needed a bigger place. We found and moved into a place fairly quickly, and as of today the old place is completely clean and done with us. We had movers move the heavy stuff, however the day of the move DW felt some random contractions.

On 1/25 we had a midwife appointment, so she asked to be checked. The midwife usually waits until 40 weeks unless the mom asks. There's a main midwife and 2 student midwifes (who will be done with their schooling in August.) The first student said no problem, but the main exam room was being used so we'd just have to wait a couple minutes. The second midwife did the checking, she said "so you've been having contractions?" DW and I both took this to mean nothing had happened and maybe we were wrong, of course she followed that up with telling us DW was 3 cm dilated and 60% effaced! We know it can still be a few weeks, but it still felt good to know things were doing something! 2 weeks prior DW had been checked, she was "soft and mushy" but was a zero on all accounts.

Oh and just as we were leaving we heard them talking, the one who had done the checking said "yeah she's a 3 and I didn't even have to stretch her!" As soon as we mentioned that to my mom and sister they decided to head down a week early, as they were driving from WI and didn't want to miss Stitch's arrival. While Stitch hasn't shown up, they were a Godsend for the end of the move. :D

As for DW she's had a few random contractions, nothing really timeable. She has been overly irritable (understandable of course!) and has been having (TMI) diarrhea daily, along with lots of back pain so we are hoping something is happening. Today 1/31, is our 1 year wedding anniversary, so we are hoping he holds off until at lest 2/1 for his birthday... either way we see the midwife on 2/1 for our weekly, DW isn't sure if she wants to be checked or not though.

Oh and his crib was delivered the day we moved in, and we got it all set up finally! The rest of the house is filled with boxes, but his bed is ready for him! LOL

I'm sure there's something else I'm forgetting, but it's almost 4 am and my brain is ready for sleep! So glad the forum's are back and hopefully soon I shall have a birth post to be posting! :cool:
Hubby of kopykat451
TTC #1 5/16/11 = BFP 14 DPI / TTC #2 11/16/12 = No O; 4/12/13= BFN; 6/9/13 = BFP!! (11 DPI) - MC 5wk5dys / TTC#3 3 BFN's and 4th try 10/21/13 = BFP!!!! (Squinter at 10dpi!)
AVPCm4.png
stitchlove_3_2013_zpsdd668ea6.jpg
2014.png

Comments

• Klt86Klt86 Posts: 567
    edited November -1
    So exciting!! You guys are so close! Those last days flew by for me.
  • TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    can't wait to hear your birth story...hopefully it will be soon!!! Glad you all got out of your old place and away from the rude neighbors!!!
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • graceinflgraceinfl Posts: 1,743
    edited November -1
    Can you believe you will be holding Stitch in your arms shortly? B says hi and he can't wait to meet his new friend!

Is your roommate the same young lady I met earlier this month? I am so glad you were able to get out of that place. I hope the new place has better people living there.
  • LauranLauran Posts: 992
    edited November -1
    You and your wife are such nice people--I am so happy for the both of you! Can't wait to hear all about Stitch (and hopefully see some photos!!)
    8753d5b8-b427-43ab-84c1-768bae9fb46b.jpg179591c8-0980-4d54-bf49-65f3f46650c4.jpg
  • GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    Oh my, D I am getting so freaking excited for you guys! EIGHT DAYS!!!

Happy anniversary, by the way, to one of the sweetest, cutest couples I know.

Thats awesome that she is 3 already - not sure what the guidelines are there, but here you are not considered "in labour" till 4, so she's almost there already, hopefully this means she'll have a nice smooth, easy delivery (and you too, trust me, you'll be doing a lot too!)

Can't wait to "meet" little man!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Getting so close...how exciting!
  • FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    Very exciting!! Sounds like baby is ready to meet you!! Beat wishes for a speedy delivery for all of you!! Can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures! :D
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • ChrysanthemumChrysanthemum Posts: 1,205 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It seem like yesterday you got your BFP.
    Congrats.
    Can't wait to read your birth story.
  • First HopeFirst Hope Posts: 511
    edited November -1
    You guys sound a lot like us! We move tomorrow. Glad to hear she is progressing on her own. I can't wait to see pics and hear your birth story. Congrats you two!
    tt13112d.aspxQWRVm7.pngDSC_0904-1.jpgDSC_0858-1.jpg
  • KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    Very exciting! Looking forward to hearing how the birth goes and seeing pictures! Oh, and diarrhea is a good thing - it can be a sign of labor! I had it just before the contractions went from "am I really in labor?" to "good heavens, this hurts!"
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • tnt22tnt22 Posts: 222
    edited November -1
    Good Luck I hope hope stitch shows up soon!!
  • em'smomsem'smoms Posts: 1,439
    edited November -1
    Wow! I too can't believe the time is actually here for you two!!! Keeping you in my thoughts and can't wait to hear the birth story!!!!
  • destinydestiny Posts: 723 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree OSS !! I just seems like shortly ago you and dw was asking advise on timing for inseminating after a +opk ...and here y'all are getting ready to
    give birth to your baby boy !!! so excited for y'all!!! :)
    KZNUm6.png
  • cassafrascassafras Posts: 219
    edited November -1
    Holy cow! It really is unbelievable that you are almost there. I remember when you were planning your
  • Ms.KateMs.Kate Posts: 1,216
    edited November -1
    Wow! This is so exciting! Almost time!!! I hope everything goes smoothly in this last week. Will be thinking of you both :)
  • Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    Wow .... 3 cm? That's so cool!!
    Congrats on everything working in your favor as your son's birthday looms.
    Best wishes for the experience of a lifetime. I can't wait to hear the birth story and see the pics!!
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • miaandsabrinamiaandsabrina Posts: 723
    edited November -1
    So excited for you guys! I cant believe its already time! Good luck and cant wait to hear everything!
    Our worlds collided and together we've been blessed with perfection!
  • EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    Wow, you are pretty much THERE! Thinking about you guys!
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • lippysauntlippysaunt Posts: 545
    edited November -1
    So exciting! That's great she's dilating on her own. Seems like a lot of women need help. Diarrhea can be a very good sign...my mom thought she had diarrhea with me and when she got up to go to the bathroom I was born 15 min later (at home!) So if your bags aren't packed yet, you may want to do that soon! Good luck and can't wait to see some pics! And wow, that must have been a relief to have some extra hands for the end of the move!!!
  • SquizzoSquizzo Posts: 445
    edited November -1
    I'm so excited for you guys... Sounds like you'll be having yours before me... The race is on! Lol!

Can't wait to hear about your experience and see all the pix!
    ceb56f15.jpg

bDJqm8.png