Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Stitch the squatter!

OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Been watching the forums and seeing everyone due around us seems to keep showing up with pics or stories about their births. Stitch has decided he'd like to be a more common first time mom type of baby as our MW says most ftm's don't deliver until 10 days.

Two weeks ago DW was at a very loose 3 cm and 60% effaced, on Wednesday at our 40 week appointment, she was the same! She's been drinking red raspberry leaf tea, and sending him all sorts of "come on out" vibes. We've been walking, my sister and I tag teamed her legs and the area around her thumbs with massages, and she's bounced on a birth ball to no avail! He's very comfy in there, MW is expecting he'll either come this weekend or will probably make it until next Wednesday at 41 weeks. If he isn't here by then they will be scheduling an u/s that day to check on him.

We shall see, on the one hand I wouldn't mind if he stays in until 42 just because we'd share a birthday and I think that's kind of cool. But the logistics of that for DW and for my family just doesn't work. She's ready to be done, and my family won't be able to stay past the end of Feb, so we'd end up missing out on a lot of postpartum help!

On the plus side, because my mom was certain she'd be ready to go so fast her, my sister, and niece and nephew jumped in the car and headed to us 2 weeks ago. Was perfect timing as I really needed help with finishing up our move so my family helped with that. Not so perfect in the fact that we are all very different people trying to co-habitat in a house that is only part of the way unpacked. They are morning, go go go go go types of people. We are, mid-day take our time and enjoy life type of people. Don't get me wrong, we love that they are here, appreciate all the help and good coking. It's just, we had been hoping for some more couple time right now, and instead we are surrounded by people. Though even if they weren't here, we'd not be having couple time as DW's bestfriend has also moved in with us due to some family issues she had been having.

But ya, so we are just kind of chilling in a holding pattern as our midwife said. We know he'll come when he's ready, so we aren't trying any major inducing yet. MW starts that next Wednesday if he's not showing up yet, and kicks that into "high gear" at 10 days past due (probably why most mom's deliver 10 days past huh?)

So for now we'll keep telling him how we are playing with his toys and the boxes they came in, how he's missing out on Disney trips (like today) and basically just telling him the eviction notice is coming and we expect he'll just keep claiming squatters rights. lol
Hubby of kopykat451
TTC #1 5/16/11 = BFP 14 DPI / TTC #2 11/16/12 = No O; 4/12/13= BFN; 6/9/13 = BFP!! (11 DPI) - MC 5wk5dys / TTC#3 3 BFN's and 4th try 10/21/13 = BFP!!!! (Squinter at 10dpi!)
AVPCm4.png
stitchlove_3_2013_zpsdd668ea6.jpg
2014.png

Comments

• sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited November -1
    I had Riley 10 days past due . . I honestly thought I was never going to go into labor and do did not even believe I was. I wanted to be induced so badly just since I was eager & so glad I was not nor will I ever plan if it's avoidable. I was scheduled but they canceled since they were to busy & I went into labor on my own 2-hrs after I would have gone to be induced. It seems like long but really it could happen tonight :-)
  • ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    I had Shiloh at 39 weeks and while I did not intend to go before 40, if you'd told me I had to wait another week I think I would have just cried. I did not have a difficult pregnancy but by then everything ached and my body was a giant water balloon. You people must have the patience of saints to cope with that and play host to friends and family too!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
    edited November -1
    Ya that's kind of how we feel, and any induction that we'd do would be natural ways. We've heard so many horror stories of medical inductions ending with c-sections that we are just staying as far away as possible for them. The MW only schedules a pitocin (or other drug related) induction if we get to 42 weeks. They schedule one for 42 wks 1 day, and then at 42 wks they break the water at the birthing center and 90% of women give birth there without ever having been medically induced. And for the other 10% the hospital is already expecting (thanks to the scheduled one they set up for the next day) so it's no issue to go in at that point.

Also if when we go in for the bio scan (I think it's called that?) at 41 wks if Stitch shows any issues they will break the water also at the MW's and try all non-medical ways of induction first. :cool:
    Hubby of kopykat451
    TTC #1 5/16/11 = BFP 14 DPI / TTC #2 11/16/12 = No O; 4/12/13= BFN; 6/9/13 = BFP!! (11 DPI) - MC 5wk5dys / TTC#3 3 BFN's and 4th try 10/21/13 = BFP!!!! (Squinter at 10dpi!)
    AVPCm4.png
    stitchlove_3_2013_zpsdd668ea6.jpg
    2014.png
  • lippysauntlippysaunt Posts: 545
    edited November -1
    I've been watching the forum for news from you! (Which has provided some unexpected entertainment!) I agree with Zen that the people who let nature take it's course must have the patience of saints. I told my midwife at my preconception consultation that I'd take castor oil at 38 wks. She made me promise I'd wait until 40 but she wouldn't make me go past that since I'm "older." (When did THAT happen? [the age thing.]) Good luck with a quick, and safe delivery! And soon too! Can't wait to see pictures. Enjoy your family...it will feel weird when they're gone.
  • graceinflgraceinfl Posts: 1,743
    edited November -1
    Elizabeth says castor oil and spicy good did nothing for her. Mind you, baby was induced a week early, lol. She wanted to evict him earlier.

I hope Stitch comes this weekend!
  • LKLK Posts: 711
    edited November -1
    I had my first baby at 42 weeks totally natural. I was supposed to be induced the next day. 20 years later, she is still the same--she will not do a thing until until pushed against a wall but right before someone else will take over. When she does something she does a great job though!

My water broke with my son at 36 weeks 6 days and he was born via elective c section at exactly 37 weeks. We think he came early because he wanted to share his sister's birthday month--he was born the last day of September-9/30 and his sister's birthday is 9/26. He ADORE's his sister (she adores him as well)

So hang in there. I do feel for your wife and totally get what you are saying about family/friends.
  • miaandsabrinamiaandsabrina Posts: 723
    edited November -1
    I'm watching and so excited for you guys! He'll come on his time! Must keep Momma happy!
    Our worlds collided and together we've been blessed with perfection!
  • DesertSunsetsDesertSunsets Posts: 52
    edited November -1
    Your DW is doing such a great job hanging in there! It sounds like both your attitudes are awesome, Stitch has wonderful parents awaiting his arrival. :)

I tend to assume that family means well, but sometimes I do think they get too excited and forget to try and put themselves in your shoes. I really hope Stitch gets here way before they have to leave!

Congrats to you, OSS. You guys are so close! Can't wait to see your announcement.
    My wife and I are expecting our first in the end of August, 2012!
    ttc9dbc.aspx
  • KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    Oh, I hope it happens soon for you. I was so thankful to go early with both of mine because I was DONE being pregnant. I bet your wife feels the same!!
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png