Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Transfer Day

TrishlettesTrishlettes Posts: 674
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Ok Im home and resting. Trying to keep the laptop on my knees and off my "lap". LOL Paranoia already set in.

Got to the clinic half an hour early. My regular nurses werent there which is a bummer but my actual Doctor was BONUS! She is so nice.

I hear her and the embryologist talking and I hear my Dr. say I think two will be fine. SO I immediately think O GOD they are all poor quality or theyve all died but two.

She brings me into her office and she says "you my dear have excellent quality embryos" HOLY BANANAS!
She gave me the break down with the ratings etc...

6 - 8 cell perfect or near perfect embies. 2 transferred into me because if you go from 2 to 3 there is no statistically significant increse in pregnancy rate but the rate of triplets rises to 8%. 4 embies gives you a nice jump in pregancy rate but another huge jump in triplets and the slight risk for quads. I was Ok with 2 and I trust her implicitly.

4 of those 6 perfect embies are frozen today. SO she said I already have a FET cycle if needed (which I wont because Im PREGNANT NOW)

3 - 6/8 cell but some slight fragmentation or irregularity. Cells divided somewhat unevenly. Could mean nothing could mean its not going to make it. They will watch them and see if they become blastocysts if they do then they freeze.

1 - 16 cell morula which is very far advanced for this stage in the game. This one has always been ahead which also may or may not be good. Its considered Abnormal. So they watch it. If it becomes a blastocyst its fine and they freeze.

I could potentially end up with 4 - 3day frosties and 4 - blastocyst frosties!!! And my twins of course LOL

All kidding aside I have a year of storage for my frosties included in my 8500 that I paid. Then its 300 a year. Not bad.
If I end up with twinners (using lovelymswolfe terminology here) then Ill donate the rest to an infertile single woman or couple.

My estrogen has plumeted tho =( Its par for the course for me really. My mid luteal estrogen has always been CRAP. They like it to be roughly half of what it was trigger day. For me 1426 trigger day, today 346 BLAH So they either give you estrace or HCG booster shots to fool the body into thinking its preggo. Of course my doctor wants me on the HCG boosters which means NO peeing on sticks! I have to have 2500 units of HCG today, Tuesday and Friday. No blood test until 10 days after last HCG soooooooooooooo that means I am in the 17day wait. God help me.
I go back for bloodwork on Tuesday morning to make sure the booster is working .

WHEW I feel like I have completed my crash course in Fertility treatments!

By the end of 17 days I will be in Shepard Pratt ( the local psychiatric hospital!)

Send the stickyest baby cement you can! And thank you all for the support, cheers, well wishes. It really helps to be able to vent, post, brag etc. Especially since Im not exactly advertising my struggles with my friends or extended family. Just immediate family who havent been where weve been. know what I mean?

Anyway Im PREGNANT! (until proven otherwise) and Im going to try and enjoy it. =)
54W9ZxL.jpg54W9m5.png
Tagged:

Comments

• LucyGooseyLucyGoosey Posts: 320
    edited November -1
    It sounds like it went awesome. And I am sending lots of baby cement your way.
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited February 2012
    Everything sounds so great! I too love the "pregnant until proven otherwise". My philosophy too!
  • OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
    edited November -1
    w00t!!! Sending extra-sticky-extra-holdy-filled-with-super-glue-baby cement your way!! :cool:
    Hubby of kopykat451
    TTC #1 5/16/11 = BFP 14 DPI / TTC #2 11/16/12 = No O; 4/12/13= BFN; 6/9/13 = BFP!! (11 DPI) - MC 5wk5dys / TTC#3 3 BFN's and 4th try 10/21/13 = BFP!!!! (Squinter at 10dpi!)
    AVPCm4.png
    stitchlove_3_2013_zpsdd668ea6.jpg
    2014.png
  • FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    Sending all the sticky baby cement in my little world your way, Trish! :)
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • wishing2bmomwishing2bmom Posts: 301
    edited November -1
    So happy for you preggo!!! Woo woo, also great news on the other embies. Sheppard Pratt? I grew up in Baltimore (moved to Chicago last year) and there was one of those near my hometown, it always looked scary but I wouldn't mind a nice vacation there now after all this hahhaa.

Take it easy and enjoy being pregnant!
    February/March - IVF #1 (3/2/12 3DT 2 perfect 8 cell embryos)
    IT'S A GIRL!!! EDD 11/21/12 - Born 11/16/12 via C-Section
    3afFm5.png
  • MeetTheBrownsMeetTheBrowns Posts: 190
    edited November -1
    Sending sticky baby cement your way! I love your positive attitude and I'm sure it will be helpful during your pregnancy!
    27063_541015743588_7092397_n.jpg

Together since 10/28/2005, married since 03/07/2009, TTC #1 02/08/12 - BFN. TTC #2 10/9/12 - BFN. TTC #3 June 2013 - BFN
  • cassafrascassafras Posts: 219
    edited November -1
    Yay!!!! I am so happy for you; I also read your other post about your sister and I am glad you're satisfying your preggo cravings;) And also glad your sister is so awesome!
  • KYSTKYST Posts: 148
    edited November -1
    So happy for you! You've been through so much.
  • 2momsfulloflove2momsfulloflove Posts: 396
    edited November -1
    Congrats on the transfer! So happy to hear that everything went so well and that you have such great quality little embryos. Here's hoping those little beans stick.
    Mommy to two amazing kiddos thanks to NW
    10/11 - BFN, 11/11 - BFP (early miscarriage), 12/11 - BFN, 1/12 - BFN, 2/12 - BFN
  • PinkieLeePinkieLee Posts: 26
    edited November -1
    Congrats on the transfer! We are all sending lots of positive thoughts & sticky baby cement your way :)
    ufhxm6.png
  • emn'saremn'sar Posts: 393
    edited November -1
    i'm really excited for you! i know it's been a long, rough road for you so far and it's nice to log in once in a while and see a post like this!
    IMG_3390_zpse5e180d0.jpg
    IMG_2211_zps372f01d9.jpg
    Avery 2.5 years and Julian 4.5 months
  • ChrysanthemumChrysanthemum Posts: 1,205 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is GREAT!!!

Stick! Stick! Stick!!