Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Need Timing advice- had to send swimmers back the first time

preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hello.... I actually had my first TTC in February 2012.. However, I had to send my swimmers back unused because my ordering was apparently too early (very disappointing). So, I need some help for the next month I will try (probably in March 2012).

Here are my results of OPK testing (I used the kind with 2 lines and approximated the percent of positive that I was seeing (compared to the control line). I also have my temps

I have three questions....

1) when do you think I ovulated (day, time)?
2) when would you have done the insemination? (day, time)?
3) what day would you have swimmers arrive next time?

NOTE- I am 39 years old and no known fertility issues. My cycles range from 27-32 days long though. I have gotten positive OPKs anywhere from CD 13 to CD 18 (CD 18 was this Feb..TTC #1) during the past 6 months I have been tracking that.

CD 17 (2/20) 8am OPK was 25% pos./ 4pm OPK was 75% pos./ 10:30pm OPK was 90% pos.
((soft cervix in am)) TEMP was 97.4

CD 18 (2/21) 5:10pm OPK was 98% pos. !!! ((soft cervix in am)) TEMP was 97.4

CD 19 (2/22) 6:30pm OPK was 30% pos. ((very soft and high cervix this a.m.))
(0.5 increase in TEMP. this a.m.) TEMP was 97.9

CD 20 (2/23) 7:54pm OPK was 25% pos. Temp was 97.6

CD 21 (2/24) didn't do an opk Temp was 97.4

I appreciate any opinions and advice as I am a newbie to all this! Thanks! :D
lg2wm5.png
........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
Tagged:

Comments

• K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't think you'll be able to really get a good read on it with OPKs only in the evening. Given your age and the variability with your cycle, plus the likely short time between OPK+ and you ovulating... I would make sure you're plotting all your data on fertilityfriend.com to see what their analysis says. Also, I would get the smiley tests for late in the cycle. For example, you could've done a smiley test the evening of CD17 and gotten a negative, but then in the morning of CD18 you may have gotten a smiley.
    I would definitely want more specific info given the short window of time you seem to be getting.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
    edited November -1
    Thanks for your answer K & H. I am actually using fertility friend... But, as of today, it still says no ovulation detected, but when I put in a different temp of 97.7 (my actual temp was 97.4) for example for today CD 21, then it says that ovulation was CD 18. I guess I get no ovulation day b/c my temp today was not high enough to get the 3 day of consistent high temps.

Yeah, I am thinking of using the smiley tests next month.

The reason I only did one test in the evening starting CD 18 was b/c I had to send my swimmers back on CD 17. Also, I think I was really stressed b/c my pet bird that I have had for over 16 years died suddenly on 2/20 :(

Thanks for your help!
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
    edited November -1
    Thanks cassafras.... Yes, I do use fertility friend. It is a neat website, but I still have no ovulation detected as of today (my cd 21)--- which seems to be b/c I don't yet have 3 days of higher temps.
    lg2wm5.png
  • AnaniaAnania Posts: 45
    edited November -1
    Yeah, we did the stick (lines) for a couple days before & then closer to Maureens calendar ovulation we switched over the the smiley. This issue is so vital yet so unknown & predictable. Listen to your body!!!
    PICS9435.jpg
    TTC#1:BFN TTC#2:BFN TTC#3:BFN TTC#4:BFN (1-4 all done at fertility clinic)2-21-12 TTC #5/6:(at home insem)BFN
    Trying again in April
  • LucyGooseyLucyGoosey Posts: 320
    edited November -1
    Thanks cassafras.... Yes, I do use fertility friend. It is a neat website, but I still have no ovulation detected as of today (my cd 21)--- which seems to be b/c I don't yet have 3 days of higher temps.

Because you dipped down below what I suspect FF believes is your cover line I would be very surprised if you ovulated at all. Especially as a positive OPK doesn't mean ovulated, it just means you gear up to ovulate. I know how frustrating that can be. Is this the first time this has happened? If so I'd track a couple more cycles because this may be a fluke. If it isn't I'd go and talk to your Ob/Gyn. Basically, I'm of the mind that if you have difficulty narrowing down when you ovulate then there is fairly decent chance you aren't consistently.
    edited November -1
    Thanks LucyGoosey

Well...this is the first month I have tracked my temps. But, I have tracked opk's for 6 months or so. And, I have also had lots of ewcm in the past as well.

However, I am hoping the one day of slightly lower temp on cd 21 was a fluke....
    because I was EXTREMELY stressed out the whole month of Feb. due to this being my first attempt at ttc (and I tend to be a big worry wort and obsess about stuff :rolleyes: )

And, my ex boyfriend kept showing up to my apartment and wanting to get back together...(stress).

And, on 2/20 by pet bird who I have had for 16 1/2 years (since he was 2 months old) died suddenly.

I really think I was so stressed that it affected my cycle, etc.... b/c I have felt O pains in the past.

I hope that it is just stress :/

Thanks for your help!
    lg2wm5.png
  • LucyGooseyLucyGoosey Posts: 320
    edited November -1
    Stress definitely delays ovulation. So who knows. If this is the first month you tracked your temps then you may find it was a fluke.

I would really encourage you given your age that if you can't narrow down a window in a couple cycles to see a doctor and get CD3 and CD21 testing.
  • BooAnn2011BooAnn2011 Posts: 894
    edited November -1
    Hi, I just want to mention that I'm also 39 and had been relying on Opks to time my insems. I finally did more research online and found that you can actually ovulate up to 3 days before or 3 days after your temp rise. Once I went with my intuition, cm and cp I got pregnant. Sadly ended in miscarriage. But it worked! I highly recommend using a speculum so you can see when your cervix is most open. I know if you're like me, you want to insem ASAP because each day were getting older, but with the price of sperm, you should really track your cycle a bit longer. Once you have a better idea on your ovulation you'll be able to get your bfp in no time. Lots a baby dust.