Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Did you take clomid the cycle you got your BFP?

preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
edited March 2012 in Pregnancy and Babies
Hi... I am usually on the TTC boards. I am going to be ttc this month. I am on the older side as far as ttc goes (39 as of December).

I have been temping for almost two months. And, last month, fertility friend said I MAY have ovulated... but not definite.

My cycles have always been between 27-31 days... except for this last cycle which was 41 days! (lots of stress that month).

So, my questions is..... given that info. I am taking clomid this cycle. I want to know if you all think taking it cd 3 or cd 5 start would be best????? (Today, 3/18 is my cd3)...

If any of you took clomid the month you got your bfp,,,,, what cycle day did you start clomid?

How many mg did you take the month you got your BFP?

Also, how did taking clomid affect your ovulation date? (later, earlier, same)
Did clomid affect your temps (if you were temping)?

Thanks so much.....
:)
lg2wm5.png
........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
Tagged:

Comments

• wasnervouswreckwasnervouswreck Posts: 356
    edited November -1
    Mine was prescribed 5-9 but I took it 3-7. I got pg the first time I took it on those days . Ovulation was a day later.
  • preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
    edited November -1
    Mine was prescribed 5-9 but I took it 3-7. I got pg the first time I took it on those days . Ovulation was a day later.

Thanks wasnervouswreck... Did you take 50mg? or 100mg?

You took it 3-7 and ovulated on day 8? Was that much earlier than usual for you?
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • 2moms2moms Posts: 731 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    DP used clomid 3 times and got pregnant with our 2 year old the 3rd try. She took 50mg on cycle days 4-8. This was not a monitored cycle but I remember she got her +OPK earlier than "normal". We ended up going with an RE to conceived our daughter because our insurance covered it. DP got pregnant her 1st cycle this time. She took 100mg and since this cycle was being monitored by our RE she took the trigger shot on day 13 of her cycle. We did the insemination 24 hours and 36 hours after the trigger shot.
    Pzl2m5.png
    LNiUm5.png
  • coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    We didn't take it for our first 2 kids. Third child I took it on our 4th cycle after 3 BFNs. I took 50 mg on cycle day 3-7 and got my BFP. I didn't ovulate any differently except my ovary felt SO full. I don't temp so no info on that one.
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • TxMoms2BTxMoms2B Posts: 532
    edited November -1
    I took clomid 50mg days 5-9. It
  • roses25roses25 Posts: 567
    edited November -1
    I took 50 mg of Clomid on CD 3-7 of my cycle. I ended up with good size follicles by CD 9, but if we waited for me to ovulate on my own they said my follicles would be over-mature. So I did a trigger shot on CD 13 and had IUI 36 hours later on my BFP cycle.

Carolyn
    EBD822A6-1848-4872-A55B-C1ED22646371_zpsufz2fxda.jpeg
    schm94df60emqyke.png
    lazxi8i3cso8qa7m.png
    lfngmjscscvr4zbw.png
  • KariKari Posts: 1,765
    edited November -1
    I think it was 50 or 100 mg CD 5-9. What I've heard is that CD 3-7 creates more eggs, while CD 5-9 creates a stronger egg and better luteal phase. I got pregnant my first cycle on Clomid (4th cycle trying, 3 vials per cycle) just shy of my 36th birthday. Mostly it helped because I realized when I felt myself painfully ovulating that my OPKs were picking up on my surge.

Second time around I insemmed with four days' notice (totally unplanned cycle - long story), no meds, 38.5 years old . . . to which my doctor responded, "Holy ****, Kari!" Yeah, it definitely helps your cycle when you're older.
    100_4667_zpspk4wwxj5.jpg
    r9vOm4.png
    Ri4Gm4.png
  • preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
    edited November -1
    Thank you everyone for your answers... The people on this forum are so awesome... I think I'd be pulling my hair out if it weren't for all of you great ladies... :) Everyone is so supportive and helpful...! :)
    lg2wm5.png
  • FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    I PM'd you back :)
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    I took 100mg days 5-9 and am very happy with the results!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The cycle my dp got her bfp she took 150mg cd3-7. She was 40yrs old at the time. Ours was monitored by an RE so she had a follie scan on cd12 and triggered that night and they did the IUI 35 hrs past trigger shot. She started feeling o pains on the way home from IUI. Since she was being monitored she didnt temp so no info there.
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • wasnervouswreckwasnervouswreck Posts: 356
    edited November -1
    I am sorry I should have clarified. I ovulated one day later than I normally ovulated. Oh and I took 50 mg.