Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

At home ICI....wow, that's it? *detailed* updated at end

Jccwill3Jccwill3 Posts: 687
edited April 2012 in Trying to Conceive
Well, I am absolutely shocked! My very first ICI ever went swimmingly.....,lol, pun intended. :D I had originally planned for 12 hrs but because of your sage advice....I waiting it out as not to jump the gun. Oh, it's so hard not to! Lol.

Things were a bit hectic at first figuring out that initial timing is really no joke. But I had strong pangs around 12, so I decided to let my swimmers go for the gold.

1230pm(18hrs past +opk) - so I felt it was time. First thing I did was loaded myself with an applicator of preseed (practice) and then had the big O -- in theory coating the inside of my cervix with preseed.

So I thawed my frozen Pop, and was literally multi tasking with the vial in my had. Lol. I felt like I had 8 hands even though no speculum which never cam by the way.

So, I squirted some preseed into a empty medicine vial I got from walgreens after giving it a
good clean. So I actually dipped my syringe in the semen first....then I was like ' oh crap! ' ...so I had swimmers drawn up and I just squirted them in the preeseed filled vial. I took one of those applicator things and drew up the sperm filled preseed and inserted that so I wouldn't lose any...... while I go for take 2.

So, I dumped more pressed in my vial an pulled up a little then I pulled up all the swimmers and a little more preseed and then pulled out the preseed applicator and got comfy.

I ended up using the syringe only, I pushed it all the way inside myself, even past the sides so that only the plunger was sticking out, and then.... I just went for it. I depressed the syringe pretty fast at first but didn't loose any! I was shocked. Left the syringe in for about 10 minutes with legs in the air, hips under pillow.

Then, when I took the syringe out, I sort of wiped it in the instead cup, like sopped it all up
lol...anything left over went in that cup. It was soooooo easy to insert I was surprised. Not scary at all. Then, I had another O and fell asleep with my hips propped for about 3 hours.

I'm still wearing my instead cup and am getting geared up for my next go at 32 hours. I'm so excited. Maybe moms fish dream was right. Fx. Thanks for everything guys!

Send loads of baby dust, spackle and drywall my way!!! :D

Jccwill3 wrote:
Well, I removed my instead cup about after 8 hours. I know that you can really use them up to 12 hours (tried them once in high school for periods but no success...). So I removed it and....it was covered in blood. Like there was obviously ECWM in there but at least like 1/3 teaspoon of thin, mucusy blood. Sorry if tmi but it was also very red...unlike menstrual pattern at all. I'm not freaking out yet but I'm sure it's soon coming. Another insemination IUI this time at 32 hrs. But now I dont know. Help!

Has this ever happened to anyone else?
Should I be worried?

Comments

• 1baby1day1baby1day Posts: 520
    edited November -1
    It sounds like you had a good system. Here's hoping for a sticky bean!
    pic1a-1.jpg
    My baby, Stella ~ My nephew Alex and I (Denise) at Thanksgiving 2010
    10 TTC's over 15 months - all BFN
  • TheMysticalOneTheMysticalOne Posts: 850 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Your method sounds very similar to what worked for me!! Almost exactly!! I'm hoping your fish dream will do the deed!! lol. Good luck!! It's sort of weird when you do it though, right? It's like okay--here we go making a baby! Good luck!!
  • Jccwill3Jccwill3 Posts: 687
    edited November -1
    Bump
  • preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
    edited November -1
    maybe you poked your cervix with the syringe and it caused a little blood?
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................