Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Wine during TTW? Re: another TWW thread

Jccwill3Jccwill3 Posts: 687
edited July 2012 in Trying to Conceive
em's moms wrote:
We are going to dinner at friends and I have decided that I am going to have a couple glasses of wine...figure that most likely implantation has not occurred and this might be my last chance to let a little loose for a while!! (I hope!!) Am I a terrible person for doing so??? Hope not!

Anyway, how is everyone else doing? Any significant signs?

Bump :) Since I've officially entered the 2 week window I decided I would bump this post for a new round of opinions on the subject.

Decided to repost to make my question less confusing :D hope it helps.

So, I'm thinking I might have a glass of wine or two with dinner tonight. Wanted your opinion TWWers and TTCers. I'm so anxious maybe a glass or two will calm me down.

To drink or not to drink, that is the question?

Comments

• mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    Well if that is bad I am HORRIBLE...HA!
    I had several glasses of wine throughout my pregnancy (say 1-2x per month, one glass at a time) and my OB was absolutely fine with it. In fact, she almost encouraged the occasional glass of wine...it is afterall relaxing to me, and thus to the baby...and a glass of wine is far from getting drunk.
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • stash7210stash7210 Posts: 998
    edited April 2012
    Go for it. One glass is ok. Maybe two as long as they are not large. But stick to wine. NOTHING ELSE!!! But this is coming from a non-drinker. And I say always talk to your OB. Then you won't feel so bad. My OB says 1 glass every other day is fine. But I would steer clear of caffeine, nicotine, any other alcohol, and any other stimulates. Only because if there was a birth defect, I would already think it was my fault. No need to add to it. But that is just me. My sister had a glass or two a day the entire time she was PG with my nephew (10yrs old) and my niece (6yrs old) and they are perfect, smart, and beautiful. But I am their Aunt. They could be purple with 3 arms and they would still be my perfect babies!!! LOL!!! Good luck on a hard decision.

Edited to add-
    Also, a friend of mine found out she was PG because she fainted out at the bar after she took two sips of a mixed drink. Next day she took a HPT and it was +. OB said the baby rejected the alcohol, that is why she fainted. She was also 8 weeks along tho. So, if your body doesn't like it. LOOK OUT. You may end up on the floor.
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I am not a drinker at all so ignored my drs. recommendation that I drink a glass or two of wine each day while TTC...I think he thinking along the line of relaxing. I guess my dr. recommends it it must not be harmful..
  • Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    I fall into the "go for it" camp.

I even celebrated my insems with a glass of wine, and I'm pretty sure that I had a glass or two wine during my TWW, for both pregnancies.
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • TheMysticalOneTheMysticalOne Posts: 850 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wow. I'm suprised the doctors encourage this. I don't think there's anything wrong with having a glass of wine here and there, but I'm just suprised. Who would have thought?!
  • friendamyfriendamy Posts: 588
    edited November -1
    in the TWW, I'd say go for it! :) absolutely! a glass or two could be relaxing. I wouldn't advocate getting sloshed.... but that's not what you're asking! LOL

go for it. enjoy, relax, think about that little baby getting snugglie in there :)
    Amy (39)
    DS (7) - d#470
    Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.

age.png
  • K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Before implantation your body is not yet attached to the baby. So, any drinking you do wouldn't cross over to the baby because there's nothing connected yet. At 2dpo you're fine to drink a glass of wine or two.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • 1baby1day1baby1day Posts: 520
    edited November -1
    As I said in another topic, my old friend drank a glass of wine a day and her doctor had no problem with it. Her children came out perfect. After all, wine does have it's benefits too.
    pic1a-1.jpg
    My baby, Stella ~ My nephew Alex and I (Denise) at Thanksgiving 2010
    10 TTC's over 15 months - all BFN
  • HogwaffleHogwaffle Posts: 178
    edited November -1
    Here ya go, I found this article very informative a month or so ago when my wife and I were having this argument about whether or not I could have a glass of wine. She's now come across to the fact that having a glass of wine is ok

http://palatepress.com/2012/02/wine/light-drinking-during-pregnancy-what-recent-studies-do-and-do-not-tell-us/
  • Jccwill3Jccwill3 Posts: 687
    edited November -1
    Bump
  • friendamyfriendamy Posts: 588
    edited November -1
    in the TWW go for it! :) enjoy and relax :)
    Amy (39)
    DS (7) - d#470
    Boy, n.: a noise with dirt on it.

age.png
  • Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    I agree with having a glass here and there...
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
  • BooAnn2011BooAnn2011 Posts: 894
    edited November -1
    I agree.... have a glass! Cheers! :D
  • starviewchickstarviewchick Posts: 348
    edited November -1
    Personally, I would not do it, but I am obviously in minority here:)
  • SweetbabySweetbaby Posts: 237
    edited November -1
    Doc also agrees one glass of wine won't hurt a thing.
    @Starviewchick it's perfectly fine to be in the minority...we honor all thoughts and personal opinions here girl! :) & I'm sure others will agree w/ you.
    SWEETBABY
    us.jpg

tt1bb251.aspx
    fEKBm6.png
  • annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    I stopped consuming alcohol 3dpo - I figured better to be safe than sorry. Not like I am a huge drinker anyway - but I find that a glass of wine around AI/ICI/IUI helps me relax.

The night I conceived Maggie I had a couple glasses of wine and my last cigarette (July 2009).
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png
  • JCAlaskaJCAlaska Posts: 251
    edited November -1
    I don't think it's worth the risk. The research doesn't yet prove how much is too much, therefore I'd rather not risk it. There are plenty of other things to do to relax.
    J & J in Alaska - 4th TTC created our little one. Miscarried at 10 wks 4 days on 12/1/10. Tried many more times then took a break for a couple of years to get healthy. We're BACK!! :)
  • TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My mom drank a glass of wine every night with dinner with all of us kids and we are all fine. Her dr told her to drink it every night bc he thought it would help her gain weight.
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • emn'saremn'sar Posts: 393
    edited November -1
    I drank red wine during the tww, during my pregnancy, and while nursing. I maxed out at about 1/2 glass tho and it was only 1 or 2 times per month. I've never been a drinker but I love my occasional glass of red wine!
    IMG_3390_zpse5e180d0.jpg
    IMG_2211_zps372f01d9.jpg
    Avery 2.5 years and Julian 4.5 months