Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

7 months old already!

GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Hello everyone! Just popping in to brag about my Munchie for a bit, share some pics, and all that other proud Momma stuff!

Ivy is 7 months old today! She is still SO tiny (compared to my older kids), she is finally wearing size 3-6 month clothing, and the other day I had to adjust the rise on her diapers from the smallest setting to the second to smallest setting. But small as she is, she's TOUGH, and smart! Now that she has been sitting independantly for 3 months, her core muscles are incredible, and she will now do sit ups... if her head is on any incline at all she can sit up from a laying position without using her hands for leverage - it is quite creepy, looks a bit like something out of a bad vampire movie!

Speaking of vampires, we still have no teeth, but red bumps on her gums that come and go where you can see where the teeth will be... as they were a few month back when this started, it's her upper eyeteeth that look like they will come through first.

Not crawling yet either, which is just fine with me ... she gets into enough already! The co-ordination is just not there yet, she gets up on hands and knees, then moves either her hands (and just stretches her legs out behind her) or her legs (and forgets to move her hands, faceplanting into the floor). But she's a rolling, scootching, spinning terror at times, so I'm in no rush to see her actually crawl! She also will pull herself to standing position any time she can get a good grab on anything stationary, be it a laundry basket, the side of the couch, an older siblings leg, the dog ... pretty funny to see, since she's so short, and she tends to get excited that she's up, let go nd topple over, but she'll learn!

Sleep - thats something we don't do. Nothing to brag about there, just for other parents of "wakeful babies" it sucks, I swear it will get better, my older two never slept either. But it pretty much bites while it is happening. She takes one 2 hours nap a day if she is laying ON me. Otherwise naps are 7-12 minutes (not exagerating) and she sleeps no longer then 2 hours at a stretch at night.

Eating - Ivy has a HUGE appitite, and refuses to eat anything bland. no baby food for her! Her favorite foods are: pasta of any type, garlic bread, hummus, red peppers, blueberries, yogurt and popsicles... she doesn't care what is frozen as long as it is frozen, so I puree veggies and fruits amd freeze them in molds for her. She's still breastfed as well, and I'm still pumping for another family too.

So, thanks for letting me brag and update, sorry it ghot so long as usual. Here's a few new pics of my itty bitty pretty one!

Ivy wearing her Uncle Jordon shirt for Relay For Life - even she wants to kick brain cancers butt!
ivy37.jpg

ivy36.jpg

Mmmm, coffee cup!
ivy35.jpg

Got into Sissy's bubble gum (no worries, she was being closely watched!)
ivy34.jpg
tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
Tagged:

Comments

• K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oh so adorable! What a great smile!!
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited November -1
    Oh my gosh, she is so cute! Looks just like you. I can't believe she is already 7 months old! Seems like everything is going great. Thanks for sharing!
  • emn'saremn'sar Posts: 393
    edited November -1
    I love hearing Ivy's updates! Especially since she is so close in age to avery and is also a girl :) sorry about the sleep difficulties...sleep has been a struggle with us too. It's amazing to watch them practice their skills and learn new things constantly. I am SO with you on the no-crawling-yet thing. I am happy to wait because once they start they won't stop!
    IMG_3390_zpse5e180d0.jpg
    IMG_2211_zps372f01d9.jpg
    Avery 2.5 years and Julian 4.5 months
  • Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    She is so adorable!!!!
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • njmommanjmomma Posts: 531
    edited November -1
    She is very pretty! :)
    PL87cIN.jpgPL87m4.png
  • Ms.KateMs.Kate Posts: 1,216
    edited November -1
    Oh, Goobie! She is so beautiful. I must be hormonal (do they start getting stronger again?) because I cry nearly every time I read baby updates or a birth story. :) I love all the photos, especially the one of her holding the "Camp Day" cup. She has beautiful eyes. You can see her personality - she is petite and sweet, but strong. She won't be one to let others walk all over her. That's a nice combination. She reminds me of the Shakespeare quote, "Though she be but little, she is fierce!" from a Midsummer Night's Dream...
    Thanks for sharing!
  • Klt86Klt86 Posts: 567
    edited November -1
    I love hearing about this baby! So cute.
  • muripherousmuripherous Posts: 264
    edited November -1
    She's a doll!
    kR99m5.png
    6monthcollage.jpg
  • coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    She is soooo cute!
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • lesrmhlesrmh Posts: 654
    edited November -1
    she is so cute, love that bald head!!!!! :)
  • aprok3aprok3 Posts: 569
    edited November -1
    she just keeps getting cuter and cuter!!!!!!
  • GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    Thank you everyone! We think she is pretty sweet, and her personality shines already! I just love looking at everyones signature pics too, darn we make some beautiful babies here!
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • tboz33tboz33 Posts: 210
    edited November -1
    Such a sweet baby doll! Thanks for sharing. I'm not very active here these days, but I am checking back a couple times per week. So nice to see the updates!
    89e38a43-d714-4935-bada-9351d7b2c59a_zpsbe2c0a19.jpg
    18.5 Weeks...I'm Showing!

Being a mommy has been the best thing by far in this life. I'd have 10 if I could, but I'm older.....So, I am going for one or two more! Most likely just one. :)

Sept'11AI-BFN, Oct'11AI-BFN, Nov'11AI-BFN, Dec'11NI-BFN, Jan'12NI-BFN, Feb'11NI-BFN, AprilAI'12-BFN, JuneAI'12-BFN, Sept'12AI-BFN (Big Sigh), Nov'12-OH MY WORD, I'm HAVING a baby!!!
  • onemorebabyonemorebaby Posts: 472
    edited November -1
    She is CRAZY cute! I can't believe our babies are getting so big, so fast!!!
    My blog! www.ifyoulivedhereidknowyourname.blogspot.com
    Welcome Baby Madelynn! 11/29/11
    419260_3081228479933_1540462223_2749331_1507377435_n-1.jpg
  • babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    adorable! happy 7 months, ivy!
  • cAtWmN84cAtWmN84 Posts: 462
    edited November -1
    she's a cutie patootie for sure! and with muscle tone like that it seems as though you might have a little gymnast on your hands :D
    yqOs9SZ.jpgyqOsm5.png
    Qkvimpd.jpgQkvim4.png
    dxnZweE.jpgdxnZm5.png
  • ZenZen Posts: 2,942
    edited November -1
    Love the updates and pictures! Am amazed by her food choices too!
    AfUDuhU.jpgAfUDm4.png
  • First HopeFirst Hope Posts: 511
    edited November -1
    She is beautiful! Our babies are going to look similar. Eyes, hair color. Ivy gets more beautiful every day!
    tt13112d.aspxQWRVm7.pngDSC_0904-1.jpgDSC_0858-1.jpg
  • chandraandamandachandraandamanda Posts: 676
    edited November -1
    I think Ivy and Olly are about the same size! Ha! You know we love that little one. She gets cuter by the moment! :D
    theowlandtheoctopusblog.blogspot.com
    Amanda and Chandra
    DSCF7259-1.jpg
    edited November -1
    Just realized I didn't put it down - we have not had her weighed recently, but I stood on the scale with then without her, and we think she's right around the 16 pound mark - where my other kiddos were at about 3 months!
    tt125c22.aspx

• PtownMomsPtownMoms Posts: 768
    edited November -1
    What a little peanut!!! Cute cute cute!!! :)
    Carrie & Monica

sig_zps0be86692-1_zpse4fe5311.jpg
  • EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    She is such a sweet little peanut! I'm glad she's doing well!
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
    edited November -1
    Aww, I always love seeing pics of her! She may be the smallest of your brood but looks like she isn't going to let that stop her! :cool:
    Hubby of kopykat451
    TTC #1 5/16/11 = BFP 14 DPI / TTC #2 11/16/12 = No O; 4/12/13= BFN; 6/9/13 = BFP!! (11 DPI) - MC 5wk5dys / TTC#3 3 BFN's and 4th try 10/21/13 = BFP!!!! (Squinter at 10dpi!)
    AVPCm4.png
    stitchlove_3_2013_zpsdd668ea6.jpg
    2014.png
  • FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited June 2012
    I was sure I commented on this before, but it doesn't look like I did... Anyway, love love love Ivy's adorable little face!!! :) love how her spicy little personality shines through in her pictures - I especially like the campfire cup one! Thanks for sharing!
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • SquizzoSquizzo Posts: 445
    edited November -1
    How is she 7 months already?! Time goes by do fast! She's gorgeous and sounds like such a fun gal!
    ceb56f15.jpg

bDJqm8.png
  • scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
    edited November -1
    She is very pretty! Thanks for sharing. She is a lucky baby girl with all those toys, too! :)
    EyNNm4.png
    zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
    edited November -1
    scifimom wrote:
    She is very pretty! Thanks for sharing. She is a lucky baby girl with all those toys, too! :)

LOL want some of them?! I run a daycare so I have toys for all age ranges all over my house all the time. So my bookshelves are cluttered, my craft drawers no longer close, and there is stuff everywhere, I just tell people "excuse the mess, my kids were making memories"
    tt125c22.aspx