Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Strangely Quiet

fischfisch Posts: 570 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
Thanks for the new board/topic option. I'm sure most of us will toggle between the two, but I like being able to skip the baby side of things from time to time.

I wanted to post about how our 4 year old is spending the next 3 days with grandma and grandpa camping. I find it so strange how calm the house is tonight and how EASY everything seems to be going down from 2 kids to 1.

I was able to work later (until 6:30pm) for the first time in 3 years without worrying or having to predesignate a pick up for childcare. I just stayed at work until I finished what I was doing - what a concept.
I grabbed take out sushi and came home to a super clean house and Emerson already down for the night. Spent the night eating on the floor watching trashy tv with my wife and it was heaven. It's 9:30 and I've already showered and am ready for bed. Ahhh. It was much the same in terms of ease when we left Emerson with my parents while we were in Disneyland for 3 days.

For those with three does it feel the same going for 3 to 2 for a couple of nights? Just curious.
age.png

age.png

Comments

• Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    fisch wrote:
    I wanted to post about how our 4 year old is spending the next 3 days with grandma and grandpa camping. I find it so strange how calm the house is tonight and how EASY everything seems to be going down from 2 kids to 1.

This is one of the primary reasons why Lilianna is still at preschool fulltime during my maternity leave. It's so refreshing and zen-like to be at home, in a quiet house, with my newborn. When Lilianna is around it's non-stop talking/singing, movement, and touching. It just seems like over-stimluation for our little man. I love the quiet one-on-one time.
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • JebaJeba Posts: 280
    edited November -1
    Don't know what that is like but wanted to tell you to enjoy it! :D
    jj5wy0.jpg

2GbYm4.png
  • fischfisch Posts: 570 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Shaeley Mae, we did the same when em was born, Jack stayed in preschool full time. Except he got to sleep in because mommy didn't drop until 9, rather than 8 while we both work. Now with the nanny he gets to sleep in again.....

This morning I am going to have a second cup of coffee and read the paper....it's the little things.
    age.png

age.png