Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

breast enhancements

Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
edited November -1 in Parenting and Life
I guess this is a "Life" topic.

Have you had a breast lift?
If so, are you happy with it?

Have you had implants?
If so, do you feel confident that the mammogram modifications still allow accurate screening?
IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg

Comments

• palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    Great topic! Once we either have, or rule out, #3, this is something I might look into. Having a 32H bra size (hoping it will shrink back down to a 34C/D after BFing, fingers crossed) is not something I want to live with for the rest of my life. Is it possible to get a reduction without getting implants?
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • cocobaycocobay Posts: 1,318
    edited June 2012
    After we are finished having babies and I have lost a considerably amount of weight (on that path now) then I will be looking into this too. I have lost a lot of my breast. When I met Ali and was at a healthy weight my bra size was a 36/C. I was good with that. Then I gained 60-70lbs and it got to a 40/DD. When I was PG I went to a 42/DDD. Now (not BFing) and have lost more than 50lbs since delivering Bronx and I am a 40/C. I'm sure you can imagine how I have to hoist them over my shoulders to walk lol. Seriously, my breast sag so much from weight fluctuation and I guess from pregnancy. I really want a lift but I will visit that when the time comes. Ali, is a 40/H. She comes from a long line of large chested women. She wants a reduction but wants to get to her goal weight first. She has lost 35lbs since Xmas but still has about 25-30 left to go. I think her insurance will cover it.
  • Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    Exactly.
    Post-breastfeeding, I'm a droopy 36 B/C. And while I'm totally good with a B/C, the droopy has got to go.
    Most days I don't mind wearing a fully supportive bra that disguises the droop, but there are also times (cocktail dresses, halter tops, etc) when a bra isn't an option. Not to mention how the droop affects my chances of attracting and retaining Mr Right ( .... assuming he's still out there). ;)
    For now, I think I prefer the "lift" route, but I'm just not sure how well it works. I'm hoping someone has real world advice/feedback.
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tee hee hee. I'll add in a giggle on this one. I saw the title of the post and thought "wow, five minutes and we already have spam!"
    Glad that's not the case. :)
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • JebaJeba Posts: 280
    edited November -1
    I am considering a reduction/lift once I am done having babies. I am trying to decide if I will be ok with the scars that you get with a lift. And also with the risk that surgery involves. I used to be a risk taker but since having kids, I have become a bit of a chicken.. lol!
    jj5wy0.jpg

2GbYm4.png
  • ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    I can pretty much relate to at least some part of what each person has written! I swore when I was done having children and nursing (check), had health insurance (check) and lost all the weight I wanted/needed to (check) that I'd be pursuing a lift/reduction. I've gone as far as several consultations but like Jeba alluded to - now that I am the sole parent of a child, that (very small) risk of being put under anesthesia is much more troublesome for me. Other things that have added to my hesitancy are:

You cannot get a lift (or reduction/lift) without implants

A friend of mine who had a reduction/lift pointed out afterwards that she now realizes her breasts balanced out the rest of her body (aka tummy) and that she should have got a tummy tuck while she was at it. On the same note a friend who got implants has gained weight throughout her body since the procedure - again, as if the body is balancing itself out!

The scaring - I mean really which is worse - saggy boobs or scared boobs. Six of one half dozen of the other kind of thing. I already have some scaring and stretch marks as it is.

Men don't care if you can wrap em around your knees, they still love em. This has been my experience anyway.

General idea of pain and recovery time. When it comes down to it I am just not there. At least not yet, I'm not saying never. But the time has come where I'm "all set" to proceed I have opted not to.

Money - even if insurance were to cover this for me I'd still have to pay co pays and 20%. I can't justify that right now.

Oh and I have NEVER been able to wear those cute lil outfits/dresses/swimsuits that don't require bras with lots of support. Hate that! Just not enough I guess.
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    and most annoying of all? when i got a river phoenix stand by me t-shirt with a picture of him in that role on the front, and nobody could see his face. all they could see was the top of his head because the rest of his face was on the darkside of my boobs (underneath). talk about a waste of a cool shirt.
  • tc0104tc0104 Posts: 579 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm totally getting a reduction/ lift once I'm done having babies and breastfeeding. It has always been my desire to go out in public without a bra...like publix or target bc I can.. .which might not be a big deal to some but I have never....even in puberty been able to do that. When I was in 6th grade, this 8th grade boy asked me what grade I was in as he stared at my chest with huge saucer eyes. I was so naive...when I said 6th he was like"whooaahhh" & I felt like such a piece of meat...lol. Must be why I'm a lesbian.
  • babybabybabybaby Posts: 1,564
    edited November -1
    tc0104 wrote:
    When I was in 6th grade, this 8th grade boy asked me what grade I was in as he stared at my chest with huge saucer eyes. I was so naive...when I said 6th he was like"whooaahhh" & I felt like such a piece of meat...lol. Must be why I'm a lesbian.

totally relate to this. at a dance club i used to go to, i was known as "large and in charge" for my boobs. at the time, i was too much of a lush for it to bother me, but looking back at it, it was totally offensive. i remember i went up to talk to the dj and one of the bouncers slapped the dj on the back and said, "large and in charge! get it, boy!" staring at my boobs. i was like, "what was that about?" totally offensive looking back on it. good thing i was drunk 90% of the time back then or else i would have smacked their faces.
  • allthingsluckyallthingslucky Posts: 467
    edited November -1
    I go back and forth on this one. I have small breasts, maybe a 34/B on a good day. I have never liked them unless I was pregnant/nursing because they were much fuller and bigger. I think Ill have one more child and well see how they look after that. I don't think I need much of a lift because they aren't very big, but I would definately get implants for fullness.
  • Ms.KateMs.Kate Posts: 1,216
    edited November -1
    I'm not that educated on all this, but is there a way you can get a lift that does not involve surgery? Maybe I will never have the desire for one anyway. I wish I had bigger boobs. :( While some complain they wish they had smaller ones, I'm the opposite.
    I remember being in middle school and my mom saying, "Wait til you get boobs." What boobs? Then I remember when I got pregnant people said, "Wait til your boobs get huge." I was a 34 a or barely b in high school, then graduated to a 36 b in adulthood. I got measured a few weeks ago because I thought I might be bigger, but no, still 36 b. I can go out braless but I never thought it was so great. I wish I could sport some real cleavage. I guess it's the classic case of you want what you don't have. Anyway, rambling....does a life always have to involve a surgical procedure?
  • sugarprincesssugarprincess Posts: 629
    edited November -1
    No first hand experience but I do have a friend that had here done! She had extremely large breasts she covered under huge baggy shirts. When she got them done I was shocked, absolute SHOCKED to see how skinny she was. You could never tell when her breasts were in the way. I do know they cut from the bottom(curved part of breast) and up the center to the nipple. Looks like an anchor. From what I hear once they settle back in place the scar hides under your boob. Hers looked fabulous and perky afterwards. My other friend had a reduction and a lift and was still able to nurse her daughter(they say there are chances you won't be able to) that friend also lost about 15-20 lbs after the surgery. She said she felt more confident and able to work out easier!!