Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

home insems question

miraclesdhappenmiraclesdhappen Posts: 41
edited November -1 in At-Home Insemination
we are planning to start in about 6 months so I can monitor my cycles. our IVF attempts with dh sperm ended in 1 mc and 1bfn....I am wondering how soon before we start should we order....we are planning to buy the 12 vials at once...maybe 2 different donors.
1/20/12 28 eggs retrieved, 18 mature, 14 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen
3/12/12 2 blasts transferred
3/21 bfp but dx empty sac @6wks
7/5/12 FET 2 BFN
4/13 DS cycle 1 BFN, 5/13 cycle 2 BFN, 6/13 cycle 3???

Comments

• old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    You can order your vials whenever you want to. If you really like one the sooner the better as some go fast. You will have to pay storage fees however. My donor is not a popular one so I just order what I need the first day of my cycle. No storage fees if you will be setting up delivery within the month. If is great that you are monitoring your cycles...you'll know better when you are ovulating and make things much easier. I hope you are one of the lucky first timers....it happens!
  • miraclesdhappenmiraclesdhappen Posts: 41
    edited November -1
    I hope so...Just tired of the doctor scene. As far as we all know there is nothing wrong with me...though I am pretty sure I ovulate around day 20...hoping that doesn't affect our chances.

thanks for answering....we spent all of our savings on the 1 IVF so won't have the money for a few months.
    1/20/12 28 eggs retrieved, 18 mature, 14 fertilized, 3 blasts frozen
    3/12/12 2 blasts transferred
    3/21 bfp but dx empty sac @6wks
    7/5/12 FET 2 BFN
    4/13 DS cycle 1 BFN, 5/13 cycle 2 BFN, 6/13 cycle 3???