Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Positive OPK at Night?

TheMysticalOneTheMysticalOne Posts: 850 ✭✭
edited July 2012 in Trying to Conceive
So my ovulation is late...grrrr.....

I would have "typically" gotten a smile yesterday and ovulated today, but no such luck. Does anyone ever get positive OPK's at night or is this rare? I'm just wondering how often I should be testing from here on out. I took a smiley at 5:00 and it was negative and then I REALLY had to pee, so I took a cheapie at 7:00 and it was very negative. Wondering if I should take another later tonight before bed (maybe like around midnight or something?). I'm using smileys and usually get a positive in the afternoon.

What are your experiences? When do you usually get your positives? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    sugarprincesssugarprincess Posts: 629
    edited November -1
    If mine gets close to being pos I will wake up in the middle of the night to test. I have gotten positive tests at three in the morning before. I was so paranoid I would miss the beginning of my surge.
  • Options
    mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    It is actually very common to get a +OPK in the evening, mine always came around 8-10pm. I tested 3x a day: when I woke, mid-afternoon, and the evening. Never once did I get a +OPK in the morning or afternoon, my surge was always in the evening.
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • Options
    BooAnn2011BooAnn2011 Posts: 894
    edited November -1
    Mine has always been between 5pm and 11pm.

It's very frustrating isn't it!! Try not to stress :)

Hope you catch it soon!!
    FX
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm glad to hear that. You ladies always make me feel better!! Here's to hoping it comes soon. I'm trying to hold off peeing for another hour or so and will hopefully test around 11 or 12 or however long I can hold it! lol

I was nice and stress free until my smiley didn't come yesterday. Darn bodies! Why can't they cooperate?
  • Options
    preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
    edited November -1
    I have also gotten most of my positive opks in the evening around 10pm to midnight... except this past time which was at 1:30pm... Nothing is predictable.... uhh.. so confusing sometimes... GOOD LUCK!!!!
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • Options
    blainersblainers Posts: 194
    edited November -1
    My wife does hers at night and it works fine
    th_286740_123312277770308_100002746098453_96447_1271761777_o.jpg
    b4mcm7.png
  • Options
    merilungmerilung Posts: 1,177
    edited November -1
    like others have said, I only get positive OPK's later at night - between 10 PM and midnight.
    TTC since September 2007 - 8 donor insems in 2012, all BFN. DH had varicocele repair #2 1/3/14.
    It worked! Two clomid cycles and two IUI's with injectables all BFN, on to IVF! 3dt of 2 perfect embryos on 12/15/14, BFP 7dp3dt! Frederick Lars born at 37 weeks on 8/15/15!! FET for #2 on 9/29/16 - BFP 5dp5dt!! Bertram Wilder and Mabel Moon born at 28.4 weeks on 3/29/17!
  • Options
    summerfunsummerfun Posts: 511
    edited November -1
    When it gets close, I test with the cheapies every time. Keep testing. :-)
    e4d5a024-bfbe-4943-a743-499ff97816a8_zps27bdb2c2.jpg
    Ho0Am5.png
  • Options
    Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    My DP usually gets them at night after 8 p.m. Good luck!
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
  • Options
    edited November -1
    This cycle may be a bust. I was supposed to ovulate yesterday and still have not gotten a smiley. Today is CD18 and I've never ovulated this late. CM is little to none. Not feeling to hopefully anymore. TTC is so difficult! I wish my body would just cooperate! This will be my third unovulatory cycle. My body does NOT handle stress well, which sucks. Makes everything so hard.

Only a couple days until I have to send swimmers back. Wish there was some secret way to bring on ovulation! Like jumping up and down *which I've tried* or doing kegals *which I've embarassingly tried*. Come on body! Listen!!
  • Options
    preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
    edited July 2012
    mystical..... I usually ovulate around cd 14... last month was cd 19.... AND, due to stress I am assuming... this month I didn't ovulate until CD 23!!!!!! So, it is still possible.. don't give up.. I was in the same exact situation as you this cycle.. freaking out b/c I had no smiley and was going to have to send swimmers back... BUT..... I actually thought of an idea that may help me.... I remember seeing a truck that delivered I guess carbonation to the local restaurants (I think for soda taps...?) and I thought, I wonder if they also deliver nitrogen... So, I called the company and they did....... so I was able to have them refill my tank (I don't use Nwest b/c I have a donor that I really like at another bank)....and I was able to keep it another week... during which I DID ovulate... I paid $50. for this including the delivery fee...and the people were very nice.

Just what I did and I was able to not have to send swimmers back unused...I got to insem, FINALLY (CD 22), ... just thought I 'd share that. If I didn't have that refilled I would have definitly had to send tank bank along with the unused swim team.

I know what you mean about stress.. I am very much affected by it unfortunately... GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you taking clomid again this cycle?

Grapefruit juice seems to help me with CM.
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I'm not too worried about cm because I'm using preseed. I'm not using Clomid this cycle. Was hoping I wasn't going to need it (wrong, apparently). I think I'm mostly concerned becuase this has happened before and I don't want it to to happen again. I wish there was a way to jumpstart the LH surge in our bodies! I guess I'll just keep testing--and praying!

And I have heard other girls that did the same thing you did--refill the tank. But I'm really, really hoping that it will come soon so I don't have to worry about that!! I kept the tank longer last time I had an unovulatory cycle and I never did ovulate, so it was a waste for me. Just need to ovulate! *thinking ovulating thoughts*.