Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

How many times have you used clomid?

preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hi.. just wondering how many times you have used clomid?

Was it consecutive cycles?

Did it thin your lining?

Did you do anything to try to prevent/ correct thinned lining?

Thanks.
lg2wm5.png
........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
Tagged:

Comments

• teacherin200829teacherin200829 Posts: 324
    edited November -1
    On second round of Clomid. Did them one after another. Not sure about lining, it was just measured for the first time yesterday on cd6. Waiting to see if it makes me O earlier.
    Me (36) married to S (31)
    Try #1-3 at home, 3-6 IUI with Clomid, 7 IVF- BFP, mc 12/12, FET 3/12 - BFN, IVF #2 4/13 - BFP TWINS! Born 12/30/1413!
  • Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    Precious: I see on your signature that you had an early O on your first month with clomid. Was it the clomid that made you O early? If so, how early?

Thanks.
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
  • KKF13KKF13 Posts: 269
    edited November -1
    I haven't used clomid because my RE wants to do one unmedicated cycle. But she said that it would be a maximum of 3 cycles because it thins your lining and her protocol is 3 cycles then onto the next intervention. I hope this one is it for you and you don't have to worry about it. Good luck!
    tt10f84e.aspx
  • Alicia&JeffAlicia&Jeff Posts: 221
    edited November -1
    My doctor does the same. 3 cycles on clomid then on to injectables. I only did clomid twice because I had a poor response to it and it thinned my lining pretty bad! Good Luck!
    10649769_10204486101662930_3242907762882339026_n.jpg
  • FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    I have used Clomid about 12 times total, sometimes consecutively, some not. I only had thin(ish) lining once that we know of and I got pregnant that cycle with no issues from lining. It was a 7 that cycle. That is minimum for some clinics and they will either switch to IVF at that thin or cancel, but my Dr was ok with it and obviously so was my little eggie :)
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
    edited November -1
    Jen.. well

Here are my stats

3/2012 50 mg clomid cd 5-9 pos opk on cd 13, ovulated cd 15
    4/2012 50 mg clomid cd 5-9 pos opk cd 12, ovulated cd 14
    5/2012 50 mg clomid cd 3-7 pos opk cd 17, ovulated cd 19
    7/2012 50 mg clomid cd 3-7 pos opk cd 21, ovulated cd 23

I say I ovulated .. at least according to temping on fertility friend... got a spike in temps and then consistent higher temps till af.

Hope that helps.

I have been using progesterone cream for the last two cycles and this cycle am taking a progesterone capsule since about 2 days post O. Also take baby aspirin once per day... and ate pineapple for the first few days after O to help with lining.
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • LucyGooseyLucyGoosey Posts: 320
    edited July 2012
    I am on my fourth clomid cycle. I haven't done all back to back cycles, although my RE doesn't care if you if you do providing your lining looks okay. My doctor also prescribes estrogen to help combat the fact that clomid can thin your lining. I also have taken baby aspirin this cycle.

This is my last clomid cycle. If this doesn't work We are reevaluating.
    edited November -1
    Lucey Goosey.. has your lining been thin due to the clomid?
    lg2wm5.png
  • LucyGooseyLucyGoosey Posts: 320
    edited November -1
    Lucey Goosey.. has your lining been thin due to the clomid?

Yes. The last back to back cycle i did my lining took a hit, not bad enough that I couldn't insem (my RE requires your lining be at least 7 to inseminate), but it was noticeable.
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    For my first year I did not use anything. Then for three cycles I used clomid from overseas...OK I was desperate and not much money..but then our local dr. started helping me all he could and I used it 7 more times over two more years. Most of the times there was a break between trials but I do have one three cycle period of time that I did it one cycle after another back to back. I was only able to have two of those cycles monitared with an ultrasound and at those times I was told my lining was fine for how far along I was. But I have noticed my periods were getting lighter and that worried me so I started on an 81 mg. of aspirin per day and it did not lengthen my period at all but did make it slightly heavier so I would assume my lining has gotten a little thicker.
    edited November -1
    Jen.. well

Here are my stats

3/2012 50 mg clomid cd 5-9 pos opk on cd 13, ovulated cd 15
    4/2012 50 mg clomid cd 5-9 pos opk cd 12, ovulated cd 14
    5/2012 50 mg clomid cd 3-7 pos opk cd 17, ovulated cd 19
    7/2012 50 mg clomid cd 3-7 pos opk cd 21, ovulated cd 23

I say I ovulated .. at least according to temping on fertility friend... got a spike in temps and then consistent higher temps till af.

Hope that helps.

I have been using progesterone cream for the last two cycles and this cycle am taking a progesterone capsule since about 2 days post O. Also take baby aspirin once per day... and ate pineapple for the first few days after O to help with lining.

Thanks Precious... it does look like it brought earlier O's the first 2 months, but then went up.

What is the baby aspirin for? I know I've read it somewhere I just can't remember!
    edited November -1
    Jen- I read that baby aspirin may help with uterine lining.. b/c it increases the bloodflow to the reproductive organs. Do NOT take regular strength aspirin though.. read that is NOT good.
    lg2wm5.png
  • ChrysanthemumChrysanthemum Posts: 1,205 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I did 3 consecutive. It did thin my lining and so the 2nd and 3rd I used baby aspirin. Then I did 3 cycles with femura, then an in monitored cycle at home back on the clomid with baby aspirin again. Then unmedicated and finally IVF.
    edited November -1
    Chrysanthemum--did the aspirin help with uterine lining?
    lg2wm5.png
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info, precious. Can we take baby aspirin on clomid, without speaking to the Dr. first?
    edited November -1
    Well... I did. But, I am not a doctor, and it would be best to ask them. Also, you have to make sure you are not allergic to aspirin... aspirin can also cause stomach bleeding in some people... not to scare you... but, every medicine or even herbs has potential side effects. Also.. some people say it can cause problems in pregnancy... some say it doesn't. So, it is really up to you.. and you may want to run it by your doctor just to be safe.
    lg2wm5.png
  • ChrysanthemumChrysanthemum Posts: 1,205 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, the aspirin helped. Unless you have a bleeding risk I don't think there would be a problem taking it HOWEVER only take the 81mg. And stop when you get a BFP.
    The medicated cycle I did at home I asked the pharmist at work if 81 was good would 360 be better and she said no, 81 provided all the anticoagulant therapy aspirin would provide and since it falls into the NSAID category (like motrin) more, during pregnancy, was not better.
    edited November -1
    Thanks, Ladies. I'm going to have DP pick some up...