Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Progesterone..

preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
edited July 2012 in Trying to Conceive
Hi...

I am on progesterone cream in the am and pm (since about 2dpo).

AND I am taking 200 mg capsule orally, once at bedtime.

1.) How do I know when it is best to test for pregnancy (currently 9dpo today, 7/21)....

Also.

2.) How do I know when to stop progesterone if I am not pregnant this cycle?

3.) Will af come even if I am still taking progesterone? (and not pregnant)?

I haven't tested at all yet.

Thanks!

I am asking you all b/c my ob gyn is so NOT helpful and I have learned WAY WAY more here on this forum than ever at my ob gyn.
lg2wm5.png
........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    FlowergirlFlowergirl Posts: 2,040
    edited November -1
    Progesterone won't affect when your body registers the pregnancy hormone so teat whenever you would normally start. I'm in the minority but I like to test early. I would start testing tomorrow, but bfn's don't bother me that much and I like to know asap if I am pregnant.

By 14dpo, if you haven't gotten a bfp, I would stop taking it. You could do a couple more days if it makes you feel better, but if you haven't gotten a bfp by then, I'd for sure stop it and let AF start.
    After 9 yrs & 1 devastating loss, we got our BFP at 9DPO ~ and welcomed our beautiful son on Halloween! Best treat ever!!

a3cmlv.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks flowergirl!
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • Options
    edited November -1
    So... anyone else on progesterone? And what day past O did you stop it (if you didn't get a bfp). I am 14 dpo today, 7/26... but my luteal phase has been as long as 16 days without progesterone...

Will being on progesterone PREVENT af from arriving if I am not preggers?????
    lg2wm5.png
  • Options
    old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited July 2012
    I wouldn't go more than a couple days after you normally get your period if you are continuing to test negative. I have had the experience of not accepting that it was negative...because I had all these strong symptoms...and continued to use it longer and I got awful lower abd. pains...I was almost doubled over in pain...dr. told me my body wanted to release that lining so bad and I was preventing it...within a day or so after I stopped the progesterone AF came and also the pain ended...There were a few times that I was so sure and was testing neg. at home that I did have a blood test to make 100% sure...
  • Options
    sugarprincesssugarprincess Posts: 629
    edited November -1
    I tested neg on 13dpo so I quit taking it, started to spot the next day and fully started the day after that.