Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Wouldnt you say?

Jccwill3Jccwill3 Posts: 687
edited July 2012 in Trying to Conceive
So the timing for my second cycle cycle turned out to be a bit unconventional. Had 3 vials. I felt some ovulation pains starting on CD21 which is when I usually O but no smiley face or definite positive on opk. So, at what I considered the height of the pain, I insemmed.

When I went to the drugstore the next day and bought smiley faces, I took one immediately since I am obsessed with POAS like everyone else. 4pmish... nothing... 10 ish... theres that little smiley staring back at me. First insem already done mind you.

Saw the smiley looking up at me and it was like the angels "Ahhhhh" .... Heh. Okay, but I'm a little under the wire... Way under actually. Turns out I got that smiley 8 hrs later after first insem. So I decided to do a insem at +opk.... then, I had more pains.... so I insemmed about 18 hours after that when my BBT dipped down to 95.07..... that's suuuuuper low for anyone...

...Wouldnt you say?

Especially for me since I tend to run warm so that was certainly a major factor in deciding to that last vial at 18 hours post smiley. Following the sperm meets egg method, I think I had a good plan. Hopeful!

But..... has anyone else had a BFP with timing as +opk? Or... before? Or even a short time after?
Hoping I didnt jump the gun. Last time insemmed at 17.5 and 22.5 hrs with a BFN.
Hoping a change of timing will give my swimmers a better chance. Apparently, its a jungle IN there. And from what Ive researched it takes the sperm 12 hours to even get to where they need to be!! So confusing, just to go on gut though my chepie ipks were only about 85% positive at that point I insemmed anyway. Then insticnt said " Get Smileys" so I did... and whoomp there it is!

Just thought Id share...even thugh I just feel like I went to the principles office. Excuses and ... well anyway, wish me baby dust ladies.
You are all in my TTC prayers! :)

Comments

• old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    That's what is nice with three vials you can cover the bases...I say relax and just let things happen and hope for the best...second guessing everything will drive you nuts!
  • TheMysticalOneTheMysticalOne Posts: 850 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That's weird that you didn't get your +OPK earlier, before you had o cramps. Very strange you got a positive much later and one negative in between. I'm not really sure about that. I've never had this happen!! Good thing you had three vials!! I try to go with my instincts and insem when I feel the time is right. At least you had your first one when you felt that you may have ovulated and then the other two later on. In between those millions of swimmers, ONE has to do it's job--right?? Good luck!!
  • preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
    edited November -1
    well... yes, you certainly did cover all the bases....
    best of luck!
    do you want to be on tww list? if so what day do you want to count as 1dpi?
    Please let me know....preferablly on the TTC thread... thanks.
    baby dust
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • Jccwill3Jccwill3 Posts: 687
    edited November -1
    That's weird that you didn't get your +OPK earlier, before you had o cramps. Very strange you got a positive much later and one negative in between. I'm not really sure about that. I've never had this happen!! Good thing you had three vials!! I try to go with my instincts and insem when I feel the time is right. At least you had your first one when you felt that you may have ovulated and then the other two later on. In between those millions of swimmers, ONE has to do it's job--right?? Good luck!!

Nope, only one positive. First insem before positive because I just... felt it. And then one right at +opk.

But I meant that the lines on my chepies were dark enough to be "squinters" (85% positive) but apparently they were not according to my second CBE digital. That was when I got my smiley face. It really is a cute smiley face... they come in all shapes and sizes. But that one is particularaly adorable.... even if only in context. Heh.

Hope that clears it up for everyone.
  • BooAnn2011BooAnn2011 Posts: 894
    edited November -1
    I think it sounds perfect, but you knew that already! ;)

FX!