Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Introduce Yourself :)

Comments

• redsoxgalredsoxgal Posts: 10
    edited November -1
    Hello, I posted last month for some info on timing, and just decided to intro myself. I am TTC and 38 years old, my partner is FTM transgender and pregnant, we're at 16 weeks. We want more than one child and due to my age, I am trying too... (this is just how the timing worked out)

So we're in a bit of a unique situation. Of course I am thrilled to be expecting our baby in October, but I am also TTC myself, so that is unique; I have done three rounds of at home ICI myself whereas my partner got the BFP on our first try!

I am hoping to connect with others as am in a bit of a quandary as to what to tell people. Many acquaintances see my husband as male and so while I want to share the good news, doing so would "out" him - and - at my workplace, for example, that is a conversation I am not ready to have. At his workplace, he is seen as female so it's not an issue there.

Our close friends know but it's the rest of the world I am concerned about. I had hoped we would both get pregnant around the same time - and to those more distant people I would say I had twins :) Anyway, that's my story and I would LOVE to connect with anyone in a similar situation - especially any women on the board who have a male (trans) partner who is, was, or will be carrying the child, or lesbians whose partner is carrying the child and are TTC. How do I tell people that we're expecting a baby - when they clearly can see I am not pregnant? :)
    I am overjoyed at becoming a Mom (and make no mistake, even tho hubby is pregnant, he's the Dad) but I am in such a rare situation - I know there are other transgender parents (pregnant dads) and one guy even appeared on Oprah, but I have not spoken to anyone in this situation. I am cross posting this on the Beyond TTC board.
  • yewa omowaileyewa omowaile Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    My name is Yewa my spouse and I are currently ttc again, this time we are doing this on our own with little to no assistance from the R.E. We are doing home AI. And to balance my hormones and improve my overall egg health I am using a small store of herbal supplements, teas, meditation, progesterone cream, as well as relaxtion to boost my fertiltiy. We're a lesbian couple who have ussed NW a number of times in the past and will be using them again. We have a goal of insemination being 3-6 months, giving me optimal time to chart and track my bbt, do my fertlity cleanse and I am doing conceptions tea, and fertili tea. So essentially I will first cleanse for 1 month then do conceptions tea for 1 month then fertli tea for 1 mounth while taking my supplements. So we are hoping to inseminate by August. :)
  • carsarcarsar Posts: 4
    edited November -1
    Hi there....

So my name is Carleen and I've been reading posts on this forum for nearly a year. My DP Sarah and I have been TTC for 2 cycles (via home insemination, no drugs, 2 viles per cycle) with the third try falling right around our 9 year anniversary on Friday :)

I'll be turing 36 this August and have had all of the BW, ultrasound and tests done except for tubal blockage test. My last appt with my OBGYN in March she said my AMH was a little low but nothing that worried her. I've been using a digital OPK for 2 years with 2 peak day results and have "normal" cycles, that is until I actually started TTC... The first try, my OPK had me peak a day earlier than normal, with 1st insem 6 & 24 hours later. AF came 12 days later right on time hard and heavy which isn't normal. Second try was at 12 & 24 hours with AF coming WAY early at 9 DPI with brown spotting for 24hours and then light red for 24 hours before heavy bleeding which also isn't normal for me.

I'm trying to stay positive and not fall into the obsessed category; Sarah is very supportive as are family and friends. I have a friend who tried for 8 months naturally with her DH, did 3 months of Dr. Asst IUI's and one IVF and gave up. 5 months later and she is now 10 weeks pregnant. Makes me hopefull and so very happy for her!

That's all I suppose. Thanks to everyone for being so open and sharing your good and not so good with all of the newbies. It helps and makes me feel connected to something so wonderful.
  • cherishcherish Posts: 9
    edited November -1
    Hello I am a single mother of 2 girls. I have always wanted more children, but as I get older I have realized that I will not find Mr. right in time and have decided to try on my own. I tried last month with no luck, and now a little discouraged I am going to try again. Anyone have any helpful hints? :/
  • Katy1977Katy1977 Posts: 6
    edited November -1
    Hello,
    I'm Katy from Florida. Single and TTC. In 2011 there were four attempts at a baby. One IUI and Three IVFs. So, here I am out 50 grand and deciding that I have been through so much with these REs that I am considering giving it a few tries on my own at home. However, after 3 at home attempts, I will definitely go to donor egg IVF cycle in spring of 2013.

I'm excited to try this on my own. However, I can't express to you all how disappointed I am that I put so much trust in my REs and they simply were not what I expected. From what I read, some of you seem to have such wonderful doctors. I wish my three docs were of similar caliber! :/

My IUI was uneventful ... BFN. Therefore, I told her let's go for IVF and she completely agreed, particularly given my age and fsh.

The first IVF I had 6 follies; 4 were matured; and 2 fertilized (awful I know). I asked my RE to plz plz let me go to transfer at day 3, however she told me that she never does that and she will transfer them on day 5 only. It was such an awful experience ... she was so cold, dominant and inflexible. Needless to say, on the morning of day 5 I received a call telling me not to come to the office for transfer bc the embryo had arrested. Given that she was not willing to work with me and was a very cold person, I decided to see if I had better luck with a different RE.

I searched and found another RE. He is in New Jersey and is supposed to be excellent with women who are a bit older (40 yrs old) and have elevated fsh (mine is 12). I was so excited to see him. His office unfortunately was very inattentive regarding my IVF protocol and "forgot" to give me my blood work orders/ results/ instructions and told me that they needed to convert my IVF to IUI. I really didn't understand... I figured if I was able to have IUI, why not the IVF. But they told me he said it has to be IUI. So I did the IUI (it was a BFN) and decided to leave his practice bc they really had no interest in me and they changed my IVF into an IUI and told me that was the way it had to be. It was tough, bc I had to fly up to Jersey from Florida. I chose him because I thought he was one of the best (based on his online reputation). But my - I was so disappointed.

So, I ended up at my last RE. Really sweet guy, but he prescribed Letrozole. I took it as prescribed for two weeks straight and I wound up with a damaged bladder (according to a urologist). I had no bladder problems prior to my last IVF, however while on the Letrozole I was in such discomfort with my joints, etc due to the low estrogen. I know Femara works so well for other women, but it was not the protocol for me. I never had any medical problems before... however now I have a bladder condition and will require medication to coat the bladder so that it can hold urine without causing irritation. I can only assume it was the rapid drop in estrogen and the two week exposure to the medication which was likely more than my particular body could handle.

So, that's my story. I'm seeking to be a single mother by choice (had a long term relationship, however he cheated) and after I healed from that I decided I would not throw away my desire to be a mom bc of his behavior. I have an adopted 15 year old boy and I just love him to pieces and I want to be a mom again, but this time biologically if I can. If not, then the next best thing (biological adoption via donor egg/sperm) he he!

Now wouldn't that be a hoot if I got pregnant at home, after trying all the high tech procedures, medications/ injections, monitoring, etc! LOL ... that's what I'm hoping for :lol:

Can't wait to talk more to you ladies!!

Katy
    ttc-journey-1297317600z28z0z0z6z0z9z0z3000-0-1-0.png

41 yrs; Single TTC #1; Psychologist; 15 year old adopted son
    2011 (3 IVFs and 1 IUI; 3 different REs); At home inseminations planned (3 max) -fall of 2012; Donor Cycle in 2013 if ICI fails

dpo-1339218000z5z28z14.png
  • stash7210stash7210 Posts: 998
    edited November -1
    Katy-Welcome! And good luck!! I really hope you have a success story after all you have been through. Let me know when you try, and I will put you on our TWW (two week wait) list, if you would like. :)
  • Katy1977Katy1977 Posts: 6
    edited November -1
    stash7210 wrote:
    Katy-Welcome! And good luck!! I really hope you have a success story after all you have been through. Let me know when you try, and I will put you on our TWW (two week wait) list, if you would like. :)

Thank you so much! Wishing you both much success in your journey too. ;)
    ttc-journey-1297317600z28z0z0z6z0z9z0z3000-0-1-0.png

41 yrs; Single TTC #1; Psychologist; 15 year old adopted son
    2011 (3 IVFs and 1 IUI; 3 different REs); At home inseminations planned (3 max) -fall of 2012; Donor Cycle in 2013 if ICI fails

dpo-1339218000z5z28z14.png
  • LX2LX2 Posts: 25
    edited November -1
    Welcome!!
    only_hope wrote:
    Hello all! I've been 'lurking' on the forums for a while, but figured it was time to start posting and participating. :)
    I'm 35 (soon to be 36) years old and single. I have extremely supportive parents and friends in my journey to become a single momma by choice and I hope to TTC this fall.
  • theroadtheroad Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi! I am theroad from Oregon. I am a single straight female who wants a baby. I thought I knew what I needed to do but after looking around these boards I have NO CLUE what all of the acronyms are!! I feel lost! Is there a good "how to" tips on this site? Please help!
  • summerfunsummerfun Posts: 511
    edited November -1
    theroad wrote:
    Hi! I am theroad from Oregon. I am a single straight female who wants a baby. I thought I knew what I needed to do but after looking around these boards I have NO CLUE what all of the acronyms are!! I feel lost! Is there a good "how to" tips on this site? Please help!

Welcome! There is a sticky page near the top of the Trying to Conceive forum that lists most of the acronyms. That should help. The best thing to do at first is just read up on a lot of the posts and do a search for any topics you want more information about. You can also post your own topic/question. Good luck!
    e4d5a024-bfbe-4943-a743-499ff97816a8_zps27bdb2c2.jpg
    Ho0Am5.png
  • only_hopeonly_hope Posts: 102
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the welcome LX2! :)
  • mrs.olsenmrs.olsen Posts: 76
    edited November -1
    Thought I would quickly say hi! My wife and I are in our third year of marriage. We're going to begin trying in September (hopefully!) so we're currently still in the preparation stages. :) And I will warn you in advance: I have a lot of questions! We are brand new to this.

What else? We live in Portland, Oregon. I'm 29, she's 30. She'll be carrying the baby (God willing!), but I'm more the "mommy" type. :) We're both extremely excited, though.

I look forward to getting to know you guys and getting some of my questions answered! :)
    2ijs2l4.jpg
    Christen & Rebecca

1st IUI - 10/02/14 - BFN
  • StarGazerStarGazer Posts: 8
    edited November -1
    Just wanted to say hello, as Ive been lurking for some time and wanted to finally tell everyone how grateful I am to those of you that post and share advice, because its been a real source of hope and information for me.

My DH and I are both 36, started TTC when we were 33. Took a year+ to realize something must be wrong, then tried herbs, acupuncture, etc. to no avail. Finally went to an RE when I was almost 35, and discovered very poor sperm analysis for DH, including very high DNA damage that can give a poor prognosis even with IVF.

Decided on NW at home, then after a few well-timed tries (using smiley), went for medicated IUI with NW donor at the RE. VERY EXPENSIVE. After no success with the office IUIs (and a LOT of breaks to grieve, and think, and resurrect hope that I lose sometimes), we are moving to IVF with ICSI using a donor.

Just wanted to introduce myself since I dont see a lot of IVF experiences on the forum, and may be able to (at some point!) give some info that may help someone like the other ladies' posts have helped me! Good luck to everone- i hope we complete our families soon! :)
  • Yari528Yari528 Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hello! Kari (27) and Yara (30) here from Florida. We are in the planning stages of planning haha. Hoping to start sometime next year so just trying to consume all the information we possibly can until then. I apologize in advance if this has been answered before there are so many posts to read through, but does NWcryobank not offer the adult photos at all? I know some of the other websites offer childhood/adult or lifetime photos if they are available through the donor but I have not seen any kind of adult photos offered on the donors from this site. So far we have come across good information but at the same time its very overwhelming trying to figure out where to start, all the different sites, prices, etc. I am looking forward to learning everything I need to learn and getting some good advice from anyone who shares :)
  • jai_j81jai_j81 Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    My fiance and I are getting married in October. We are both in our 30's...he's 33 and I'm 31 and neither one of us have any children. I have been married once before and my ex-husband and I tried for the better part of 4 years to conceive with no luck. He had two kids from a previous marriage, so I am assuming the problem may lie with me. Or it was just fate that I didn't have kids with him since the marriage was doomed. Anyhow, my fiance and I have been trying to conceive for a over a year now. There are several factors that work against us. First, we don't get to see each other very much because he currently lives in another state. Don't worry, he's moving in very soon :) Second, I'm not entirely sure I can conceive easily. I have consulted by OB, but he was hesitant to help since I wasn't married yet. He has old-fashioned values. Respectable enough, but my clock is ticking! And third, my fiance has difficulty ejaculating. We are considering AIH. I'm just curious as to how simple or difficult the self insemination kits are to use. A little nervous about trying this ourselves, but my insurance covers absolutely nothing when it comes to fertility/infertility! Any information is greatly appreciated!
  • ooelsworthooelsworth Posts: 72
    edited November -1
    Hi everyone, my name is Ellie from the crazy-hot Southwest. I am a single woman who, like many others it seems, can't wait for "Mr. Right". I have been the Legal Guardian of my 3 nieces for the last (almost) 11 years. They are my life but I've know for quite a while that I needed to at least try for a baby of my own. That's worded really poorly, but I don't know how else to say it. FYI-my girls are totally on board and excited. The only on who's any kind of reservations is my 16 y/o. She just want's me to do it the old fashioned way, but I told her that yes, I may still meet someone, but I won't always be able to have babies. I may be too late already. I'm 40, which isn't really old at all, especially since my sisters, mother, grandmother, aunts, etc have all been EXTREMELY fertile. If they wanted to get pregnant, they did. No problem. I just hope that's hereditary. :) I've greatly enjoyed lurking and hearing all the wonderful baby stories, reading encouraging words and just the all around friendship that exists here. Can't wait to start. Once I hear back from NW, I will place my order and start trying next month. Wishing you all tons of luck!!
    I've been Mom for 13 years to:
    Amber-21, Mercedes-19 and Genevieve-14
  • chedvahchedvah Posts: 3
    edited November -1
    Hi everyone. I'm 31 year old single lesbian and planning on TTC soon. I still haven't found Mrs. Right and don't want to wait for her to have a child. Recently a some female family members have had serious issues with pregnancies in their mid-30's. I used to think if I didn't have a partner at 35 I would TTC on my own, but in light of the recent fertility and pregnancy problems experienced in my family, I am no longer willing to wait. I want a child to love and raise. I am also considering adoption, but I'd like to TTC first. If I meet Mrs. Right later on that will be great. In light of the family issues I am looking in to a serious diet and lifestyle change to prepare my body. If anyone else is eating for fertility I'd love to hear from you.
  • wilhelsiwilhelsi Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi my name is Sarah. My husband and I are ready to have children and would like to use this method. I am completely new to this process so if anyone could explain (in great detail please) the process of everything from ordering, paperwork, forum lingo, what comes in the order, etc, we would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
  • only_hopeonly_hope Posts: 102
    edited November -1
    Welcome everyone!
  • BohemianBohemian Posts: 224
    edited November -1
    Hi I'm Nikki and I'm 25 single and becoming a SMBC. :D doing paperwork and picking a donor. Will hopefully be inseminating in the next 3/4 months! Doing in home ICI. (25 no infertility problems, the doctors are not interested in helping) I am mixed (but look black) and hoping for an Asian donor. Mom wants me to wait but my close friends are supportive... well most of them. •_• My dad was not surprised. He gets me. ;) I'm omnisexual, love is love, and the right one is out there but will understand why I didn't wait. If you get to know me it will make sense, my decision. Nice to see so many happy unique and special families being made. I also blog WWW.abohemianlikeme.blogspot.com
    saycheese_zps3309a423.jpg
    My Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3615fd
    ttc.png
    In trying/tracking mode. Known donor turned bf! ;D Riding this roller coaster known as my life and excited for 2013. Ttc #1 hoping for pink. I can't wait to be a Mommy!
    1-4 Bfn 5-bf?
    WWW.abohemianlikeme.blogspot.com
  • TTC.JuneBugTTC.JuneBug Posts: 188
    edited November -1
    Hi,I am Meme ! I am 22 single. Hoping to try my first insemination at the end of August. Fingers crosses for a little junebug! :)
    Warm feet, warm uterus..
    Hoping to have baby Kai in my arms soon!
    08/12-BFN KD
    12/12-BFN KD
    04/13-???
    piu1m6.png
    edited November -1
    Hi,I am Meme ! I am 22 single. Hoping to try my first insemination at the end of August. Fingers crosses for a little junebug! :)
    Trying to be an smbc or just not married? I love seeing smbcs and hopefuls in their 20s. I'm not alone, yay!
    ttc.png
    In trying/tracking mode. Known donor turned bf! ;D Riding this roller coaster known as my life and excited for 2013. Ttc #1 hoping for pink. I can't wait to be a Mommy!
    1-4 Bfn 5-bf?
    edited November -1
    SMBC! LOL yes me too! When I read your post I said this sounds like myself . I fall in love with whoever comes my way ! Love is love ! ;)
    Warm feet, warm uterus..
    08/12-BFN KD
    12/12-BFN KD
    04/13-???
    piu1m6.png
    edited November -1
    There needs to be a like or snaps or hugs button lol :)
    ttc.png
    1-4 Bfn 5-bf?
    edited November -1
    Doesn't their need to be !! :) that would be so great !
    Warm feet, warm uterus..
    08/12-BFN KD
    12/12-BFN KD
    04/13-???
    piu1m6.png
    edited November -1
    Oh yeah the other great thing is I am looking into having an Asian donor also! I think I found him hopefully!
    Warm feet, warm uterus..
    08/12-BFN KD
    12/12-BFN KD
    04/13-???
    piu1m6.png
  • vanish12vanish12 Posts: 55
    edited November -1
    Hello I'm Vani :) This is my first time ttc with a donor. DH and I have been trying for 3 yrs with no luck. Anyway we finally made a decision and ordered donor sperm for this month! I've been looking at posts on this forum for advice and strategy, lol. Got my +opk and insemed x4 and now i'm officially in tww. Fingers crossed!!
  • stash7210stash7210 Posts: 998
    edited November -1
    Good Luck vanish12!! You can go to the TtC post and add your name to the wait if you want to.
    edited November -1
    Oh yeah the other great thing is I am looking into having an Asian donor also! I think I found him hopefully!
    Yay! I am going with Chinese. I don't know what other Asian they have since I looked specificly for Chinese. We could end up with half's lol I haven't picked yet.
    ttc.png
    1-4 Bfn 5-bf?
    edited November -1
    Well I've been looking here and on the known donor registry . I found two guys one is Chinese/Native American /Irish and the other is Korean/ Native American /English. I looked at the Chinese donors I think I will use one of them for back up in case my other one has an unexpected problem.
    Warm feet, warm uterus..
    08/12-BFN KD
    12/12-BFN KD
    04/13-???
    piu1m6.png