Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

TTC a girl,Timing and Tips, Check my checklist ladies!

sonja.bossartsonja.bossart Posts: 24
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hello guys and dolls!
I'm fairly new... I've returned to the forum after a year sabbatical. I am hoping to conceive a girl, and hoping I'll be blessed to be successful on my first try! I will be trying ICI at home.

I'm 27 years old, healthy, normal hormone levels, normal pap smear, no fertility issues - I do only have my right ovary and fallopian tube - I lost the left side over 2 years ago with an ectopic pregnancy. I've been assured the right side is healthy and fine.
All that said, I'm reading up,taking notes, looking for every advantage I can find to ensure success.
Here is what I have planned thus far, please feel free to throw your own 2 cents in, tips, especially from gals that got BFP's right away! I plan the following:

1) Using Preseed, 3ml syringe w/ catheter
2) Clearblue Digital Ovulation tests - testing 3 to 4 times a day
3) Inseminate 6 hours after first positive OPK, again 18 hours after the positive OPK
(Am considering a 3rd vial,but don't know if it will be necessary?)
4) Lying with hips propped up on two pillows, probably for hours!!! just to be safe
5) Eating acidic foods, strawberries, fruits, calcium rich foods, to create a female friendly environment in my cervix
6) Debating whether or NOT to have Orgasm... only because it is favorable to male sperm and can create an alkaline environment in the cervix... so ...to O or not to O?

Anything I've missed? Chime in ladies! And loads of Thanks! ;)
Sonja.Bossart
I have one son and I lost a baby (naturally) and my husband 4 years ago. Building a family on my own now.
Waiting for my little Halinchka: Beata Halina

Comments

• TheMysticalOneTheMysticalOne Posts: 850 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think your planning sounds really good! I've read the book on choosing the gender of your child and I know it's harder to do when doing an AI, but I think your timing is pretty good!! I'll share with you what my timings have been that resulted in BFP's. I used two vials each time.

I did 6 and 18 hours with my previous pregnancy, which sadly ended in a miscarriage. I'm currently pregnant and used the hours 12 & 18 hours past +OPK. I used preseed both times, fairly generously, I might add. I used a bit in a syringe and just inserted it with my hips propped up for 1-2 hours, depending on how long I could stand it! I also put in an Instead Cup about 10 min past insem to keep everything up where it's supposed to be. I didn't orgasm, but it still worked for me, although I know a lot of girls on here have and gotten good results too!!

I think everything your planning is really good. I think if you're trying for a girl then doing it earlier is definately better than later. Now, of course it's too early for me to know whether I'm having a girl or boy but I'm just so happy to have my positive!!

Good luck and I hope you're the next BFP we see!! :D
  • HopingForBFPHopingForBFP Posts: 520
    edited November -1
    I have a girl.
    I did 22/31 hours after positive OPK, My last insem was at 3:40am and my temp that morning still showed I didn't ovulate yet, but did later that day. I just did a vaginal insem. and my cervical mucus was pretty much dry around ovulation I really dont think there is anyway to sway towards a certain gender though, just have to hope.
    8688290472_8f0eb25fa6_z.jpg
    age.png
    9346155527_f7f126c056.jpg
    age.png
    BFP- 8/9/09 at 10DPO, after 4 years TTC. Sydnee born on April 14th 2010. BFP #2 at 11DPO 9/29/12. Due 6/11/13
  • annerbonesannerbones Posts: 1,812
    edited November -1
    First off - I would encourage you to temp to pinpoint ovulation before you start the process. Because I did an IUI8 hour after +OPK for my daughter but I knew I ovulated quickly after my surge.

For this baby - I did the exact same timing.

1) Using Preseed, 3ml syringe w/ catheter - yes, have you found your cervix? Os? Are you doing an IUI or having a dr do it.
    2) Clearblue Digital Ovulation tests - testing 3 to 4 times a day - I tested every hour on the day I expected ovulation so that I could be very accurate
    3) Inseminate 6 hours after first positive OPK, again 18 hours after the positive OPK
    (Am considering a 3rd vial,but don't know if it will be necessary?) I would probably do a third at like 24 hours just in case you ovulate later than you think.
    4) Lying with hips propped up on two pillows, probably for hours!!! just to be safe The first time I got pregnant I did this, this time I only laid down for 30 minutes.
    5) Eating acidic foods, strawberries, fruits, calcium rich foods, to create a female friendly environment in my cervix
    6) Debating whether or NOT to have Orgasm... only because it is favorable to male sperm and can create an alkaline environment in the cervix... so ...to O or not to O? First pregnancy I did have an orgasm - got a girl, this time no orgasm - don't know the sex.
    raF7m7.png
    Progesterone therapy and baby aspirin daily

Two miscarriages in between (August 2012 - same donor as Maggie, and December 2014 with husband)
    Maggie
    PNa0m7.png
  • sonja.bossartsonja.bossart Posts: 24
    edited November -1
    Thank you ladies!!! I needed the confirmation from seasoned veterans! lol. I will be doing the ICI at home, alone, unless I enlist my bestie to help.
    I will be tracking for at least 3 cycles before I actually try. I'm just the type of girl that I like to research in depth,know my options and all possible outcomes and have a strict, detailed plan ready.
    Thanks again girls.
    Sonja.Bossart
    I have one son and I lost a baby (naturally) and my husband 4 years ago. Building a family on my own now.
    Waiting for my little Halinchka: Beata Halina