Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Best opks out there? Clearblue fertility monitor?

tdrcmctdrcmc Posts: 28
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Which opks are best to use and are most accurate?

Is it worth buying a clear blue fertility monitor?

What day from AF do u recommend testing?

Funny how I ask all of this when I used to chart everything back then before I had my daughter!

Thanks everyone!!

:) Christine
Tagged:

Comments

• TheMysticalOneTheMysticalOne Posts: 850 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Clearblue Easy Digital Ovulation Tests (Smiley's) handsdown the best I've ever used. Actually recommended by the wonderful ladies on here when I started TTC. I've used the cheap ones before, the "sticks", and they just don't work for me. I never get a true positive on those. They're always so iffy. I would suggest using the smileys and you'll know for sure!

I usually started testing around day 12 or 13 with the "good" tests. But then again, I usually didn't ovulate until CD 16 or so. I know some girls ovulate much earlier than that. Just depends on when you ovulate.

Good luck!
  • earrefinnejearrefinnej Posts: 447
    edited November -1
    I have used the Fertility monitor and I like it - it does it's job, if you program it right. I blew it last time and programmed it at night instead of the morning and didn't realize it until too late! So now I bought the smiley's that everyone uses here and I haven't tried them yet. It sure is expensive, whatever you end up doing. I tried cheap ones and I had the same issue on reading the darkness of the lines. You've got to get your timing right, so I recommend investing in either the fertility monitor or the smileys.
    v52mnw1ox.png
  • mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    Clearblue digital OPK's (the ones with the smiley) are all I ever trusted and it obviously worked. :-)
    It depends on your cycle length overall when I would recommend beginning to test using OPK's...for example I have always had a super regular 28 day cycle and began testing on CD11/12 and usually expected my positive OPK (smiley) on CD14-16.

Never used a monitor or anything else. I even stopped tracking BBT's well before we actually began actively TTC. I prefer the least stressful route and feel it was the best for my wife and I as this process alone is stressful enough. Good luck!
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • TrishlettesTrishlettes Posts: 674
    edited November -1
    Smileys
    54W9ZxL.jpg54W9m5.png
  • smartycat92smartycat92 Posts: 564
    edited November -1
    I will be the dissenting voice and say that I think the smileys are a waste of money and unnecessary. We got the internet cheapie OPKs from early-pregnancy-tests dot com. You can get 50 for a good price and they always throw in free pregnancy tests. I have just never found the lined tests to be difficult to read. We didn't like the cheapie Answer OPKs you can get at the drug store. We found those gave a different result than all other OPKs we used.

We have the monitor and I feel it worked well, but it really didn't give us any info that the OPKs weren't already telling us.
    . 0vthk9cno.png
    20137aff-9c20-4097-91b7-ac919c10954f_zpsd88d3a6c.jpg
    o4bd1nxgy.png