Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Introduce Yourself :)

Comments

• rover76rover76 Posts: 5
    edited November -1
    him im rosie 36 and my wife is 36 wants to have babies as well i have 2 daughters 5 and 7 we will hoping to get answer to get her prego fast like this march we love eachother plaining to get married wants something that works great get resualts right away any ideas would be best for us both
  • TTC.JuneBugTTC.JuneBug Posts: 188
    edited November -1
    ROVER all I can say is everything takes time !
    Warm feet, warm uterus..
    Hoping to have baby Kai in my arms soon!
    08/12-BFN KD
    12/12-BFN KD
    04/13-???
    piu1m6.png
  • earrefinnejearrefinnej Posts: 447
    edited November -1
    Hi, I'm Jennifer and my partner Annette and I are starting our journey almost a year after we agreed to consider parenthood. We had our first try 7/25/12 and I know it's early, but it feels like it's working. Looking forward to hopeful BFP in another week, which is our 2 year wedding anniversary!
    v52mnw1ox.png
    edited November -1
    i know it takes times i understand i want something that will give usresults though she is 36 and i am too we are prepared for this if u have any idea wll give us something 100 percent i would like to know wouldwould work good and get 100 possitive
    edited November -1
    this is my first time doing this with my wife would should i go for the best resaults so i can start working on it
  • TTC.JuneBugTTC.JuneBug Posts: 188
    edited November -1
    Have you started charting yet ?
    Warm feet, warm uterus..
    Hoping to have baby Kai in my arms soon!
    08/12-BFN KD
    12/12-BFN KD
    04/13-???
    piu1m6.png
    edited November -1
    nope waiting for my wife to be here trying tos see what would be the easy way to get the best results i know it takes time and want to know what would work to have out babies we want twis boys what product is the best :)
    edited November -1
    hi im rosie what u decide it to get ur wife or she got u prgenet trying to find the right one not to fail i know it takes time i can wait trying to research things on this its our first time we want twins boys plaining this for us so when the time is right we know what to do
  • StardustBabyStardustBaby Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi Everyone!

My wife and I are on our first steps of TTC. We have been together for 7 years and married for 1 1/2 years of those years. We are planning on our first insemination in September and I am rather nervous. I was diganosed with PCOS and have never had normal periods..hell, I did not know what a true period was for a long time, lol. After consulting with my OB/GYN and being told the best way to have a child was to lose weight, I have lost 60lbs and have started to have periods. I have already had 4 periods this year (and that is saying something because I normall only have one or no periods a year!) I have been tracking my ovulation and will continue to this month and pray that September will be our month! I am rather nervous because of my past "lady" issues and fearful that I will not be able to produce a child. I know this is a rather LONG introduction, but I am just feeling all these different emotions and have been looking for others going through this process to talk with. Hopefully, with this forum, I have found some wonderful people to talk with and get advice from. Hope everyone has a lovely day!

Tabitha! :/
  • PistacioBabyPistacioBaby Posts: 134
    edited November -1
    Hello all!

We are Katie and Kari from Houston, Texas. We are going to begin our TTC journey within the next 6 mths -hopefully! We have been together for nearly 5 years. We have one ds from a previous relationship and are wanting to grow our little family.

I have been charting and researching for almost a year now in hopes to limit our ttc time and be able to have our little miracle. I have definitely learned a lot from you lovely ladies and hope to continue to learn more!
    -- K & K --
    9/12 - BFN
    10/12 - BFN
  • shauna2710shauna2710 Posts: 769 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi Everyone. My husband and I have been married for almost 3 years and started our TTC journey just before our 1 year anniversary. I am 27 and DH is 31. We had been TTC for around 15 months when I had my first fertility consult with my OB/GYN. She ordered a battery of tests for me and a SA for DH. All of my results were normal, but DH only had 2 sperm in his SA. No wonder we couldn't get pregnant! After much debate, we decided not to spend all of our money trying to do IVF with Micro TESE and ICSI. We decided to do donor IUI and save our money to spend on the bundle of joy when he or she is born. I have had one IUI using a different bank that failed due to poor sample quality. I will be undergoing my second IUI in about 4 days or so. This is my first cycle on Clomid, so not sure how it will affect O.
    Cycle 6 was my lucky cycle! BFP!!!
    EDD 12/13/2013
    It's identical TWINS! They're GIRLS!
    7/20/2013 Sweet Baby A lost her battle with IUGR.
    8/26/2013 Feisty Baby B was born via emergency CSection 16 weeks premature
  • JewelybugJewelybug Posts: 100
    edited November -1
    Hello :)

I am obviously new here, and trying to get my head around how this process works. I am (was?) the proud mother of a beautiful baby girl who was brought to me through the miracle of domestic adoption (done privately). I found out last week that we were missing one of the critical papers and the birth aunt found out. She demanded that the birth mother drive 13 hours with her to get the baby. They left with her on Saturday and I am now entering a long legal battle to get her back.

So here I am. A single woman, who just desperately wants to have a child. I am going to try and research things a bit here and see how this works. I remember stumbling upon this website before my daughters birth mother asked me to adopt, and here I am...

Thank you for any advice and information. Enjoy your weekend, everyone!
  • BohemianBohemian Posts: 224
    edited August 2012
    Jewelybug, nwcryo bank is literally as simple as 123. #1 download the proper paperwork sign and mail in. (You can FAX but you must mail the original) #2 pick a donor. You can be as picky and selective as you like just make sure its in the right format for you. (IUI ICI IVF) #3 order. You can see pics and step by step instruction in the sticky post under this one I believe. It says something about "Dewar" but its for in home inseming so if you're using a doc office or clinic you don't need to look. Still very informative. Hope this helps. You've already found the forum so you're in good hands. We are all here for you. :)
    saycheese_zps3309a423.jpg
    My Chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3615fd
    ttc.png
    In trying/tracking mode. Known donor turned bf! ;D Riding this roller coaster known as my life and excited for 2013. Ttc #1 hoping for pink. I can't wait to be a Mommy!
    1-4 Bfn 5-bf?
    WWW.abohemianlikeme.blogspot.com
    edited November -1
    Thanks, Bohemian! I think what I'm trying to figure out first is exactly HOW this process works. I mean, I understand the very *very* basics, but where can I find the info on how to do it myself at home? I'm reading things about catheters, and speculums, and other things and now I'm like :o whaaattt?

I have been charting for about 3 years and now I'm just trying to figure out how this actual process works.
    edited November -1
    I feel like I should apologize! I, for whatever reason, missed the entire sticky with the info I'm looking for. Blame my sad, sleepy eyes. Anyway, I'll be doing some research and see what happens. I'm looking to start TTC in about 2-3 months. Thanks again!
    edited November -1
    http://iamtryingtoconceive.com/topic/15815/pictures-of-dewer-nw-instructions-and-supplies/ this is the sticky I was referring to.
    WWW.abohemianlikeme.blogspot.com my blog. The two posts untitled "tools for your box" covers everything you'll need. If its just you at home a spec will be useless cus we can't bend that way. The cath is mostly used for IUI. You really could just do it with an instead cup and a lil preseed. I think I'll do a blog one simple ICI at home cus I had the same questions and had to do a lot of research.
    http://www.babymed.com/home-artificial-insemination-get-pregnant-turkey-baster-method found this very helpful. You definitely want to check out the sticky if you're doing in home inseming.
    ttc.png
    In trying/tracking mode. Known donor turned bf! ;D Riding this roller coaster known as my life and excited for 2013. Ttc #1 hoping for pink. I can't wait to be a Mommy!
    1-4 Bfn 5-bf?
  • MGoBlueMGoBlue Posts: 18
    edited November -1
    Good morning! I'm new to the board. My wife and I just had our first IUI this morning. I'm turning 30 in a week. We tracked my cycle for three months, including basal temps, cervical mucous, and OPKs. Got the OPK positive yesterday, so we went in this morning. Here's hoping!
  • Sunshine_SueSunshine_Sue Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hello! My partner and I have been together for 10+ years. We have a 2 year old donor conceived from California Cryobank. We went to a fertility clinic, had an unmedicated IUI and got it right the 1st try! We started for baby #2 in February 2012. We decided to do Femara since we had one vial of our 1st child's donor; it didn't work out. I found another vial and tried again in July, medicated; didn't work. Bringing us to today. We're going back to unmedicated, using a midwife, and a new donor from NW. Feels great to be moving on to all new and positive things :D
  • mamallamamamallama Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    Hi All!

I am a 31 year old mom currently taking a break from grad school to *hopefully* make a baby with my DH. We have one elementary age kid already, then DH had a vasectomy. Worst mistake of our lives! I was pregnant at the time with number two and we were young and poor - figured since I had such a hard time with my first pregnancy we would simplify things and do a V. Sadly, I lost the pregnancy shortly after the V....long story short, we decided that AI is cheaper and more convenient for our family than a reversal.

We are trying with one vial of ICI at a time and just did our first insem today!!!!! SO excited!!!

We even did a little ceremony/prayer together to be blessed with a child that is truly both of ours spiritually :) . Now the hardest freaking part comes - the evil TWW!

Wishing you all LOTS of babydust and looking forward to seeing everyones BFP's posted soon:)
  • mamallamamamallama Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    You look so happy in this pic!!!! Love it :) I was raised by a SMBC and I had a kick ass childhood that I wouldnt trade for anything! Lots of babydust your way!
    Bohemian wrote:
    http://iamtryingtoconceive.com/topic/15815/pictures-of-dewer-nw-instructions-and-supplies/ this is the sticky I was referring to.
    WWW.abohemianlikeme.blogspot.com my blog. The two posts untitled "tools for your box" covers everything you'll need. If its just you at home a spec will be useless cus we can't bend that way. The cath is mostly used for IUI. You really could just do it with an instead cup and a lil preseed. I think I'll do a blog one simple ICI at home cus I had the same questions and had to do a lot of research.
    http://www.babymed.com/home-artificial-insemination-get-pregnant-turkey-baster-method found this very helpful. You definitely want to check out the sticky if you're doing in home inseming.
  • Johnsons1102Johnsons1102 Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hello everyone!

My name is Chelsea (23) & my wife's name is Danielle (24). We will be having our first insemination (at home, ICI) in September. Danielle & I have been together for close to 4 years now, but have been married for 3 years. We have wanted to have a child for a while now & hope that our first try in September is our last try (Until we decide to have another child). If September doesn't work for us, we shall keep trying until our dream of becoming mommies come true. :) I will be the one carrying our first child & my wife will carry our second child.

For the last 4 months we have been tracking my cycle, charting my temp & everything about my cycle is regular and constant. If our tracking continues to be accurate we will be trying towards the end of the second week of September. Well that's a little bit about us. Many blessings to all the ladies on here who are TTC.
  • K&EU2K&EU2 Posts: 2
    edited November -1
    Hi I'm Kare from Florida and we will be ttc starting Sept 17
  • rmcrookstonrmcrookston Posts: 52
    edited November -1
    So my husband has cystic fibrosis and not able to have children with out a ton of expense with IVF and PGD. I am a carrier of CF also which made me chose NWCryobank. One thank you for screening for CF. We want to have a child and have been trying since 2-14-12 with Donor 505. I have not had a BFN this whole time. I am starting to get heartbroken. We did our last ici at home on 8-1-12. Then on 8-15-12 I received my af for only two days. Day one was moderate and day two like a spot or too. HELP what can this mean. My temp had not dipped below 97.00 but twice and not consecutive days. Can this mean what i think?? All at home tests have come back neg. Thinking about doing a bt. WHAT to do?? Any words of wisdom is greatly appreciated :/:/:/ .
    Marie (30) TTC since 2-1-12. ttc#1 2/17 bfn: TTC#2 3/17 bfn: TTC#3 5/8 bfn: TTC#4 8/1 bfn: TTC#5 9-26-12?

ttc-journey-1329199200z28z0z0z1z0z0z0z0-1-1-0.png
  • audreyreendersaudreyreenders Posts: 5
    edited November -1
    Hi, My wife and I our ready for a child. We've been together for 4 years and have been tracking my wife's cycles for 6 months since we had our inital consultation. We have our follow up consultation next week! We just purchased an extended profile for a prospective donor. We are hoping to start trying in October or November. We're so excited. :D
  • scorpiogrl7scorpiogrl7 Posts: 1,386
    edited November -1
    It's been a long road to get here. :)

I'm Anna, 34 (almost 35) and my gf is Lori, 37 (almost 38). We've been together for 2 1/2 years. Very much in love, in a way I never knew existed.

I've always known I wanted children. When I was young (18), I married a horrible man because I was naive and gullible, lived in a small town, and didn't think anything better would ever come along. And I wanted children. Inside my head, I always thought I would leave once I was pregnant, and I would never tell him. Awful, I know, but again, I was young. I never used birth control and never got pregnant, though I wasn't actively trying (didn't have a clue how then). My periods were irregular since menarche.

Fast forward a few years later:
    With my first real gf, we both wanted kids and she didn't want to carry. We tried home insem with frozen sperm, home insem with fresh sperm, Clomid and frozen, Clomid and fresh, injectables and IUI with frozen, had a SAS, hysteroscopy, more injectables and IUI. The Dr. office told us if we didn't get pregnant on the next try, we'd have to go to IVF. Insurance didn't cover that, we had no substantial savings, and gf wasn't willing to go into debt for any reason. I was battling depression and was bloated and fat from the meds and stress. We broke up (not necessarily because of the TTC, but I think it exacerbated our problems).

A few years later:
    New gf. A few years in she decides she wants to foster/adopt. I say absolutely not, I want to carry a child. Besides, we would never have been approved as foster parents, as she was usually unemployed and we barely could keep our lights on and food in our fridge. But I had insurance, and she found some free (don't ask me how) frozen donor sperm, so I went to the gyno and got a script for Clomid. We did 2 cycles of Clomid with monitoring and Trigger shot and home insem. 2 BFNs. I changed jobs and lost my insurance, and we both decided we really weren't ready for a baby after all anyway. We broke up a year or so later.

Now:
    I had COMPLETELY given up on having children. I buried my grief about it and developed a sarcastic hatred of breeders. I took time to focus on my own likes and hobbies and career. I met my awesome gf, and was happy that she didn't ever want children, either. I didn't think I could ever go through the heart-wrenching process of TTC and failing again. We planned a wonderful child-free life together. I still had this nagging fear that I would be old one day and look back on my life with regret because I never had children. But I was afraid to bring it up to her, because she was so adamantly anti-kid.

Then one night, over a pitcher of margaritas, I broke down and told her that the anti-child thing was really a facade, and that the pain of failed TTC had made me hardened, and I knew I was going to be 70 years old and look back and feel that I missed out on so much. I told her I knew she didn't want kids, and I would never expect her to change that. I would stay with her no matter what, because I love her more than anything, but deep down I would have regrets.

She looked at me and said, "I think you're really not okay with not having kids. I've kind of been thinking I want kids too, lately. I think we need to try."

So.....

after a lot of soul-searching (because I was SO AFRAID of falling into that depression again, and SO AFRAID of the toll TTC can take on a relationship), I knew in my heart that I wanted to try. But I an self-employed and have no insurance, so it seemed like a moot point.

My wonderful gf has domestic partner benefits and she added me to her insurance. Turns out they even cover IVF. :D
    Now, she is just as excited as I am. She even said she will support me in being a SAHM if I want (I do!).

**Sorry for the LOOONG post, but I felt all of it was relevant to my story.**
    ZVvim5.png
  • kejohnson03kejohnson03 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello!

My name is Kristin (27) and my wife's name is Shannon (31). We've been together since 2009 and were married in July in 2011. We both knew we wanted kids right away! We started trying last September but we were a little unsure if we were ready and the timing just never seemed to work out with the doc so we've tried only been able to try 4 IUI's with our RE. We've spent lots of money on tests, offices visits, etc. so far with no results. We're both very tired of the RE we've been using and his lack of involvement and lack of interest in our journey (we are admittedly pretty high maintenance).

Long story short, we've decided to try at home ICI's for a while with NW donors! We're very excited about being able to do this at home, without the stress and impersonality of doc visits! We just placed our order with NW and our first try will be later this week! We're really hoping #5 is the charm :)
  • bnicolasbnicolas Posts: 1
    edited November -1
    Hi! I am really new to this! My name is Beth and I am a SMBC. I have a 5 year old and I just TTC 9/18/12 for the first time. It looks like it didn't stick. I went into it blind and I'm not sure if I did it correctly. If this did not stick I want to try again as soon as possible. It's hard finding other SMBC, how have people reacted to choice? Also do you guys usually wait a month before TTC again or do it back to back? Thanks!! Nice to meet you all!
    edited November -1
    bnicolas wrote:
    Hi! I am really new to this! My name is Beth and I am a SMBC. I have a 5 year old and I just TTC 9/18/12 for the first time. It looks like it didn't stick. I went into it blind and I'm not sure if I did it correctly. If this did not stick I want to try again as soon as possible. It's hard finding other SMBC, how have people reacted to choice? Also do you guys usually wait a month before TTC again or do it back to back? Thanks!! Nice to meet you all!

Welcome. Most do it back to back as long as money and health allow. If you wait a month you'll be trying with the same ovary each time.
    ttc.png
    1-4 Bfn 5-bf?
  • griesskgriessk Posts: 156
    edited October 2012
    So nice to read about ppl! To make a long story short, going to be a SMBC, I had a friend who was willing and backed out after 4mo. Also was in a car accident June 1st so have had some pain issues and imaging that haven't allowed me to TTC yet, but I am relatively certain this is my month to TTC! I just turned 33 and have wanted kids as long as I can remember! No problems as far as I know. Have been charting since the end of April and think I have it down pat:-) Should be ovulating around Oct 26th so getting really excited!! Good luck to you all!
    HbUym5.png
  • kelleymelkelleymel Posts: 1,402
    edited November -1
    Hi, my name is Kelley. My partner and I are going to begin TTC next week. I have a lot of questions, the first of which is how do I create a forum topic? I have only figured out how to post a reply. Beyond that, I have A LOT of questions before ordering next week!! Any help is appreciated.

yfnr wrote:
    Here is the official introduce yourself thread :)

Share your story...as much or as little of it...so that others know your journey and what brought you here :)
    TTC #1: BFP Cycle #11 IVF (2014)
    TTC #2: IVF April 2017
    BFP: FET Due February 2018