Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Instead Cup

griesskgriessk Posts: 156
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hey all!

How many of you have self-inseminated with an instead cup? Can't believe I didn't take this seriously before. Seems like such a no-brainer! Get the baby juice all in the cup then insert the cup and knock yourself out!

Next week will be my first time ever trying to conceive and I can hardly contain myself! Plan on using preseed and an instead cup. Upping the CM with robitussin, evening primrose oil and green tea:-)

This SMBC is going to be the best thing a baby asked for:-) Ok, well it may not ask but I'm going to be the best mom I can be with all my friends and family around! I'm really looking forward to it and hope I'm blessed the first time around, but that's not always possible and I am 33.

Anyway, if you have stories, please share:-)

Thanks Peeps!
HbUym5.png

Comments

• MelandTara01MelandTara01 Posts: 557
    edited November -1
    Hi Griessk,

I'm definitely not the best person to answer anything about Instead cup as I have no idea what that is....I will definitely be googling that after this.
    This past Saturday was my first time inseminating/trying to conceive so that aspect I can relate to. I could hardly contain myself too. I nearly had a panic attack on the Dr's table. I don't think I heard a word she said to me once the process was done. Good thing my DP was there to be ears for both of us. The second they were released I instantly had a million and one things run through my head. I thought it'd end after a day but I'm still all over the place with my thoughts. But I suppose that's normal for me.
    I too beleive that I'm going to be the best mom ever! :D
    I'm 35 and hoping that I'm blessed this first time around too. I'm way too optomistic for my own good though....lol!
    Good luck next week!
    Mel
    TTC #1 10/2012 -- BFN
    TTC #2 11/2012 -- BFP!!! :)
    0ia8m5.png
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Some women have had great success at using that instead cup...but...I never could get it in right...I would highly suggest that before the day you want to use it and put in the sperm you practice getting the cup in...so you are a pro at it before those swimmers get spilled in the attempt. I always thought too it would be great keeping them where they need to be. Alas...
  • PistacioBabyPistacioBaby Posts: 134
    edited November -1
    We used this instead cup with all 3 of our inseminations. The first one we did an IUI and inserted the cup after. The 2nd one we did an ICI and then put in a cup. And the 3rd time we put the swimmers in the cup with a bit of preseed and inserted it over night. I would say that you need to practice SEVERAL times before you insem, as it can be a little tricky if your not used to it. I really liked using it, and will do so again, as I felt that it kept everything up where it needed to be! Good luck!!
    -- K & K --
    9/12 - BFN
    10/12 - BFN
  • tellytelly Posts: 625
    edited November -1
    i used a catheter and syringe. I couldnt figure out how to get the cup in, even though i tried and figured i wouldnt be able to get it out.
    2014-04-26%2000.27.50.jpg

eNortjKzUjIyNDI3tFSyBlwwFXgC0w,,63.png
  • TheMysticalOneTheMysticalOne Posts: 850 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I used a syringe filled with swimmers and preseed to do the deed. About 5-10 minutes later I inserted the instead cup with a little more preseed. I would definatly suggest you get some preseed and put it on the outside of the cup when you put it in (and inside too!). I think people have problems getting it in because they might be a little dry. It should slide it pretty easily if done correctly. You have to squeeze the end with two fingers and slide that baby in quickly. I kept my hips elevated for a good hour or more. This did the trick! I'm now almost 16 weeks pregnant with my first baby and I will be a SMBC too! It works!! Good luck and babydust!
  • griesskgriessk Posts: 156
    edited November -1
    Oh wow! Thanks for all the replies. I definitely intend to practice:-) One week til the beginning of my dreams coming true, even if it doesn't happen the first time:-)
    HbUym5.png
    edited October 2012
    Were you surprised what you found about the Instead Cup? Pretty cool huh!? How are you feeling? Probably nothing but excitement yet, but I thought I'd ask:-)

Hi Griessk,

I'm definitely not the best person to answer anything about Instead cup as I have no idea what that is....I will definitely be googling that after this.
    This past Saturday was my first time inseminating/trying to conceive so that aspect I can relate to. I could hardly contain myself too. I nearly had a panic attack on the Dr's table. I don't think I heard a word she said to me once the process was done. Good thing my DP was there to be ears for both of us. The second they were released I instantly had a million and one things run through my head. I thought it'd end after a day but I'm still all over the place with my thoughts. But I suppose that's normal for me.
    I'm 35 and hoping that I'm blessed this first time around too. I'm way too optomistic for my own good though....lol!
    Good luck next week!
    Mel
    HbUym5.png
  • anna77anna77 Posts: 283
    edited November -1
    I don't know if it was just chance, but the first cycle I used an Instead cup (cycle 15) when TTC my first son gave me my positive. Now, it could have been coincidence, but I figure wth it can't hurt :D
    Anna 38 (mommy to 3 boys...11, 9 & 2)
    #3 was conceived with DS via our 6th IUI (2 natural, 2 clomid, 2 follistim+trigger)
    Trying for one more blessing to add to our family:
    IUI #1 9/25 (follistim+trigger) BFN IUI#2 (follistim+trigger) 10/23 BFP!...mc 6w3d
    IUI#3 2/5 (follistim+trigger)...Test Date 2/19
    edited November -1
    Did some practicing with reg lube today. Preseed is too expensive to waste! I think I'm going to do just fine:-) Kinda think I will use these for AF in the future!
    HbUym5.png
  • MelandTara01MelandTara01 Posts: 557
    edited November -1
    I was definitely surprised that what I read about it was nothing like I thought it was. I really expected a cup...lol! It's so cool and I wish I had known at the time of insemination. I probably would've used it. Anything to help make those little swimmers go where they are meant to go.

I'm feeling ok. I have been super nauseous since the day after the insem but I think that is just me psyching myself out or being on high alert to any signs my body is giving me. Yesterday was a hard time. I got that overwhelming feeling of just needing to know. This tww period is kicking my ass. I thought I had it all figured out...just go about my day and forget about what I'm doing...Ummm nope that didn't work. I swear it's crazy I have counted at least 48 pregnant people I've seen since we insemed. It's kinda like when you buy a new car you never noticed it before and all of a sudden everyone has the same car...lol

Thanks for asking. I'm trying to put myself out there on this website since I'm on the same journey as all of you. It's harder than I thought. Most people on here already have a solid foundation of knowing one another. So I feel like the new kid at school trying to fit in...lol!

How are you doing? What day are you planning on inseming? Did you have any trouble with the instead cup?

:D
    griessk wrote:
    Were you surprised what you found about the Instead Cup? Pretty cool huh!? How are you feeling? Probably nothing but excitement yet, but I thought I'd ask:-)

Hi Griessk,

Good luck next week!
    Mel
    TTC #1 10/2012 -- BFN
    TTC #2 11/2012 -- BFP!!! :)
    0ia8m5.png
  • TiffandTayeTiffandTaye Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    My first try was actually yesterday. I used a syringe and a inserted an instead cup after about 3 hours of laying down propped up. Now. I am in those crazy 2 weeks of waiting and hoping for the best. The instead cup is great insurance, for us, that we know that everything is close to the cervix for easy interest. Just really trying to make it easier for the swimmers on there journey. Best of luck!
    #1 10/2012: BFP!
    age.png
    edited November -1
    Yeah I haven't been on the board's long either. I had searched for a few things and didn't find them so started the new posts. Glad I did:-) In the past 3mo, I have known 16 ppl that had babies! I haven't even tried yet but it was hard seeing baby after baby born and here I am now waiting for an MRI or an injection or the original donor to quit making up excuses. Then I know there's a good possible chance it won't work right away so I could have that negative to go through. (that's when I decided to come to NW to order and have no worries about someone wanting to take my baby) That is just reality however I really have had the feeling that it will happen the first time. I plan on playing racing music for the swimmers. lol It needs to be somewhat fun! I know I feel 500% better knowing it won't just be floating around but right up near the cervix and contained! The only exit is UP!!

I am also not looking forward to the TWW but the first week I will be busy. Going to Colorado next weekend to see one of my best friends (well hubby too) cause she just had a baby 3wks ago. I wanted to give it time for all the family to cycle through so when I get there I get to snuggle ALL WEEKEND!! I'm pretty much a baby hog! I was tenures that spoiled the heck out of babies in their first days! When I get back, I work two more nights so hopefully I can sleep and work without going nuts. Doubtful! Haha! Pretty much wanted to be a mom my whole life!!! Kept thinking ok I should be finding a man but that wasn't happening and I scared a few off with wanting a baby like yesterday! I wanted to be a SAHM! Well being a RN can only pacify you for so long. I got to 30 warn I said I would have a baby and I had bought a house then had some job changes...ugh! So I feel very ready in every way. Plan to have that kid attached to me the first 6wk! They look so snuggly!

I hope you can find something to distract yourselves, but saying that, I can't imagine that is easy! I just know I plan to imagine where things are happening and make it positive.....the race and the one who doesn't ask for directions loses, we know what sex that is, Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming swimming swimming! Then the meeting of the minds, sharing of info then another trip home and then hunkering down! Then come the symptoms! lol Work 3-4 12hr shifts a week. Goin.g to try to keep a normal schedule so I can temp. It's hard when you like to see daylight on your days off. I plan to take advantage of the exhaustion! I love to sleep! Makes some things fly by faster!

Ok I think I've done enough rambling! Hope you all have a good day and think happy TWW thoughts!
    HbUym5.png
    edited November -1
    Make that 17 ppl in the past 3 months! Ours are coming girls!!!
    HbUym5.png