Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Timing

griesskgriessk Posts: 156
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Ahhh! I'm getting nervous about the timing! What if I do it too early and the swimmers die before the egg is released? What if I wait too long and the egg dies before the swimmers get there!? I know I can't be the only one worrying like this! Ok I feel a little better getting that out there and knowing ppl will respond! One try with one vial doesn't seem so bad for cost but 2 and 3x and more! That scares me.

I think I'm going to shoot for 30-36hrs (after pos OPK which should be sometime Tuesday) with preseed and the instead cup. I have Monday and Tuesday off so I can test, test, test! I work Wednesday and Thursday so kinda figuring I can do it sometime Wed afternoon, leave the cup in at work until 12hrs is up and hope for the best. I'm a RN that works 12hr shifts 6p-6a. I should ovulate on Thursday. Any advice on timing would be greatly appreciated or just reassurance that I'm not the only one flipping out!!

Thanks for reading my ramble!
HbUym5.png

Comments

• MelandTara01MelandTara01 Posts: 557
    edited November -1
    Griessk,

I hear ya! Even though I’ve already insemed and on 6dpi I’m freaking myself out that I did it too soon/late. I keep thinking that I could’ve spent more time propped up on the table or I could’ve went home and propped myself up for the remainder of the day instead of going shopping. This is my first ttc experience, so I only went with one vial. I’m scared of the cost’s that are going to arise if this first shot doesn’t work. I’m trying to be optimistic.

Good luck! :D
    TTC #1 10/2012 -- BFN
    TTC #2 11/2012 -- BFP!!! :)
    0ia8m5.png
  • ooelsworthooelsworth Posts: 72
    edited November -1
    You are not the only one. I did my first ever insem last night and one second I think I was too late since I've had ovulation cramps for 2 days, and EWCM is pretty much gone. Then I think I was too early since my temp hadn't dropped yet, but I only have one previous month's experience with charting, so maybe I'm not doing it right. Aaaaarrrrggghhhh! So confusing. I do have another vial that I'm gonna do tonight. Maybe. See I don't know! This is probably going to be the only time that I'll have two vials to work with, so want to really take advantage of the situation. Anyway, you are so not alone with the flipping out. Not at all. *sigh*
    Good luck though, and tons of baby dust to you.
    I've been Mom for 13 years to:
    Amber-21, Mercedes-19 and Genevieve-14
  • griesskgriessk Posts: 156
    edited November -1
    MelandTara01, when did you see a dip or rise in temp? That should probably give you some idea, although if you are like me, a worry-wart, you still wonder and worry!

On a positive note, many ppl have quickies, go about their business and end up pregnant so don't let that part worry you!
    HbUym5.png
    edited November -1
    ooelsworth-Many months on my charting, the last day of EWCM was the day before ovulation:-) I think you're probably ok and you have a second vial so if that egg is still hanging around, you have another chance:-) Good luck and baby dust to you all!
    HbUym5.png
  • MelandTara01MelandTara01 Posts: 557
    edited November -1
    griessk wrote:
    MelandTara01, when did you see a dip or rise in temp? That should probably give you some idea, although if you are like me, a worry-wart, you still wonder and worry!

On a positive note, many ppl have quickies, go about their business and end up pregnant so don't let that part worry you!

I had a rise in temp about 6 hours after I insemed. I also had another slight rise in temp the following day. But weird as it may seem, I have been nausous since the day I insemed. I'm not sure what that means or if it's just me being overly sensative to evey sign my body is giving me since last Saturday. Or it's probably just all in my head...lol!

Hahaha! I wish it would be as easy as a quickie.
    TTC #1 10/2012 -- BFN
    TTC #2 11/2012 -- BFP!!! :)
    0ia8m5.png
    edited November -1
    I think your timing was great!! And I don't think the nausea is you being hypersensitive or in your head. I think you're just worried and hoping! I'm betting I will feel the same way.
    HbUym5.png
  • mommahood1020mommahood1020 Posts: 3
    edited November -1
    HI! i did it at 24 hours and 36 hours after i got my smily and i just found out im pregnant
    edited October 2012
    Congrats!!!! That's great! Are you a SMBC also? How many tries and what did you use?
    HbUym5.png
  • preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
    edited November -1
    griessk.... Good luck with your decision...

But, in general, the younger the woman, the later they will O after positive opk. And, then the older the woman, the closer to positive opk they Ovulate.

Do you check your cervical opening??? You can use a speculum to actually look, or you can try to feel it.
    That can be a good clue... also the softer it is, in general, you are more fertile.
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
    edited November -1
    Yes I do:-) I check everything. lol
    HbUym5.png
  • TiffandTayeTiffandTaye Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Glad to see I'm not alone with worry. We did our first try on Wednesday after receiving a +opk on Tuesday at noon..3 days early. All signs lined up, position and mucus, by the next day at noon. My swimmers didn't get here until 5:30 on Wednesday. We inseminated at 6:00, 30hrs pass +opk then again at 38hrs pass. I tend to ovulate around 40 pass, hopefully. Woke up the next morning and mucus was gone and cervix dropped and closed and had really bad cramps. Not sure if that was great timing or bad timing. But worried and waiting till these two weeks are up. I'm just excited to have ppl waiting with me. Hope we get some luck ladies.
    #1 10/2012: BFP!
    age.png
  • TiffandTayeTiffandTaye Posts: 104 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a rise in temp about 6 hours after I insemed. I also had another slight rise in temp the following day. But weird as it may seem, I have been nausous since the day I insemed. I'm not sure what that means or if it's just me being overly sensative to evey sign my body is giving me since last Saturday. Or it's probably just all in my head...lol!

Hahaha! I wish it would be as easy as a quickie.

So it is not just me. I have been feeling nauseous as well and very crampy. I told my DP that if this is what it feels like to sleep with men then I am glad I never have because the cramping is crazy. I think I'm just very in tune with my body right now because I'm focusing on getting the BFP. So either it is in our head or something is happening in there.
    #1 10/2012: BFP!
    age.png
    edited November -1
    Something WAS happening in there!! Congrats! I'm going crazy...so gassy! Gassy (pressure/bloating/gurgly) and starving almost constantly. I'm not used to feeling so hungry unless PMSing and it's never like this! Ahhh! Hope thus is the month for both of us! Would be first time for me too:-) Happy for you guys!!!
    HbUym5.png