Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

When Did You Feel Movement?

TheMysticalOneTheMysticalOne Posts: 850 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
Hey Gals

Well I'm over 18 weeks now and still haven't felt any definite movement. I keep waiting for it, but I haven't felt much. Once in a while I think I "might" feel something, but it could honestly still feel gas. When did you feel your baby move for the first time and just KNOW it was the baby (and not...gas?!) I keep waiting impatiently and I can't wait to feel something just so I know the baby's okay. Even though I heard a healthy heartbeat two weeks ago, I'm still constantly worried something might go wrong. I've felt like this the whole time and I think it's probably because of my miscarriage back in April. I can't wait to start feeling the baby so I know the little one is doing okay. Luckily my ultrasound is next week so I'll find out what's going on--and also find out what I'm having! Looking forward to that!! :D

Comments

• mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    With my first pregnancy I began to first feel our son in the 18th weeks...at least then I knew for sure it was him. They say with consecutive pregnancies you can feel movement sooner...this was very true for me as this time around I felt our son by 15-16weeks.

I am sure your time is coming...lay down flat on your back in a quiet room and just try to focus on any feeling of movement.
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png
  • GoobieGoobie Posts: 3,515
    edited November -1
    20ish weeks with Boog, 16ish weeks with Moose, 13 weeks with Ivy.
    tt125c22.aspx

Need to update a ticker, Silas Anthony Jordon born Oct 11, 2013. 6th baby, so much love!
  • GaBeekeeperGaBeekeeper Posts: 916
    edited November 2012
    I really haven't felt much. I think I do but not sure. Today the ultra sound showed my placenta kinda on top of the baby (looked like clouds) and she was just a punching and kicking it. So that is probably why I don't feel it. I can't remember if it is called anterior placenta or not. It isnt anything bad it will just make it longer (20 weeks or more) before I really feel anything.
    pqkom4.png
    FxZxm4.pngcarousel_zps296ade6d.jpg
  • HopingForBFPHopingForBFP Posts: 520
    edited November -1
    15 weeks with Sydnee, saw her movement at 18 weeks from the outside. Some women dont feel anything until 20 weeks. It should be very soon for you. :)
    8688290472_8f0eb25fa6_z.jpg
    age.png
    9346155527_f7f126c056.jpg
    age.png
    BFP- 8/9/09 at 10DPO, after 4 years TTC. Sydnee born on April 14th 2010. BFP #2 at 11DPO 9/29/12. Due 6/11/13
  • sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited November -1
    22 weeks - I tried so hard to pay attention for any movement. At my 20-week appointment & he was kicking the placenta so maybe that was why. Either way a week or so later over 2-3 days I felt him kick & then it became stronger. I don't remember when I felt him on the outside vi don't think it was much longer after I felt him on the inside.
  • scifimomscifimom Posts: 1,173
    edited November -1
    I felt lo move around on the inside on, I think, 18 weeks and a couple/few days. I had the anatomy scan on 18 weeks and 5 days and had just felt her a few days earlier. I had the stomach flu that day and was laying quietly on my back when I felt kinda like a frog or fish jump in a sack of water. Nothing like a butterfly, btw! I could feel her on the outside pretty soon after that. I'm really slim, so I don't know if that made a difference on being able to feel her on the outside or not. It was weird, it was like one day I couldn't feel her moving (maybe like tiny bumping around but, not at all for sure!) and then all of a sudden I could feel her on a consistent basis.
    EyNNm4.png
    zjng3tj.jpgzjngm4.png
  • wishing2bmomwishing2bmom Posts: 301
    edited November -1
    I want to say I felt the first "flutter" around 16ish weeks? I def. knew it was her by 23 but I have some extra padding so that could be why it took so long! I also didn't feel her consistantly (like everyday all day) until like 26-28 weeks.
    February/March - IVF #1 (3/2/12 3DT 2 perfect 8 cell embryos)
    IT'S A GIRL!!! EDD 11/21/12 - Born 11/16/12 via C-Section
    3afFm5.png
  • Shaeley MaeShaeley Mae Posts: 1,731
    edited November -1
    With both of my kids it was 21 weeks.
    I expected to feel the second baby sooner, but I had an anterior placenta, so that muffled an early movements that I might have otherwise felt.

Hang in there. You're very close!!
    IMG_0408-rs.jpgIMG_7844-rs.jpg
  • mrslebrewmrslebrew Posts: 344
    edited November -1
    I started definitely feeling the baby in week 19. So hopefully you'll be feeling your's soon.
    sGRVCbm.jpgsGRVm4.png
    picture365.jpg
  • LbakerLbaker Posts: 234
    edited November -1
    DW felt the first kick at 18w6d, but nothing consistent until about 20 weeks.
    4470a244-b3a2-4de4-ae57-11b81542c124_zpsdcbfdc20.jpg2ec06ca7-63d1-40da-a28d-1cb24fa3c150_zps63478b0d.jpg
    KrIUm5.png
  • A&JA&J Posts: 1,825
    edited November -1
    16 weeks with both when I knew without a doubt it was baby, I * think* I felt this baby around 14-15 weeks, but who knows.
    th_img-191_zps90b22fea.jpg
    th_img-109_zps4769e6c4.jpg
  • cocolibbycocolibby Posts: 385
    edited November -1
    16 weeks definitely felt flutters, but not every day or in a predictable pattern. By 18 weeks it was much more regular - most often, like pp said, lying flat on my back being still and quiet.
  • ChrysanthemumChrysanthemum Posts: 1,205 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    14 weeks I was pretty sure I felt him and it became more definitive by 18ish weeks.
  • njmommanjmomma Posts: 531
    edited November -1
    It was around 18 - 20 weeks. It started out as little flutters. After 20 weeks it became more noticable for me. And in third trimester I could definetely feel some strong kicks, and could kind of tell if it was a foot, arm, or a butt kicking and sticking out. But it started out as little flutters at 18 - 20 weeks.
    PL87cIN.jpgPL87m4.png
  • TheMysticalOneTheMysticalOne Posts: 850 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys. That makes me feel better. At least I'll have an ultrasound soon so I'll know what's going on in there. Here's to hoping we feel some movement soon over in this direction!! :D
  • tellytelly Posts: 625
    edited November -1
    16 weeks was flutters and i dont really remember but i think btween 21 and 24 was actuals movements.
    2014-04-26%2000.27.50.jpg

eNortjKzUjIyNDI3tFSyBlwwFXgC0w,,63.png