Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

:-/

OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
So we are starting to wonder if DW isn't going to ovulate this month... :-/

We ordered it early in case she ovulated early cause I saw a few of you mention that with ttc #2 you were ovulating earlier. Today or tomorrow should be the day but we've had some very weird OPKS. We used the same brands (lined) as last time, CBE and FRER. Nothing was showing up on the CBE, so DW tried using the FRER's two days ago she had a faint line on the FRER. Yesterday she had a faint line each time she tried on the FRER. Then last night she used a CBE and it looked like the faintest of faint second lines. This morning nothing on the CBE and nothing on the FRER. This afternoon, it was a very faint line on the FRER. Then she read and saw that the FRER if using a cup to dip it said to only hold it for 5 seconds (instead of 20 like the CBE has you hold it in for dipping.) So she switched to that and now nothing on either.

The dewar came in on Monday, so we are still within the 7 days, but we are a little worried. What if she doesn't ovulate? At what point do we decide to send it back? Also, I know some people have been able to get their tanks re-charged... how do you go about doing that? We worry what if we keep it too long, she doesn't ovulate, and the swimmers are no longer viable?! We were only able to get 6 vials of our donor before he sold out... :-/

Thoughts? Advice? Sanity to spare?
Hubby of kopykat451
TTC #1 5/16/11 = BFP 14 DPI / TTC #2 11/16/12 = No O; 4/12/13= BFN; 6/9/13 = BFP!! (11 DPI) - MC 5wk5dys / TTC#3 3 BFN's and 4th try 10/21/13 = BFP!!!! (Squinter at 10dpi!)
AVPCm4.png
stitchlove_3_2013_zpsdd668ea6.jpg
2014.png

Comments

• preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
    edited November 2012
    I got my tank refilled one time. I just called a company that sold liquid nitrogen. A lot of dematologists use liquid nitrogen to remove warts, etc. So, you could try and call one of them and ask what company provides their liquid nitrogen. The company I used happened to also deliver gases to a restaurant ( and on a guess, I called and they sold liquid nitrogen also), I am guessing for their taps, so that could be another avenue to find a company that will do it. Or, maybe just look up liquid nitrogen suppliers online.
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd call NW's customer service before worrying about refilling the dewar. I'm thinking they come with enough nitrogen for 30 days.
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    I have kept the dewar past the 7 days and everything was just fine...You do need to tell NW you need to do that and there can be a small fee..I think $15 a day past...but if you really want to wait it out it is worth it. Keep testing.
  • LovingMomsLovingMoms Posts: 1,078
    edited November -1
    Relax and don't stress. Her O will come. Never fails the month you want to AI, O is delayed.

Good luck!!!
    July 2011 BFP, miscarried at 5 weeks.
    aW7Dm4.png
  • ChrysanthemumChrysanthemum Posts: 1,205 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ^^^ yep, nerves have her delayed!
  • OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
    edited November -1
    I hope that's the case, though of course the more we try not to stress about it the harder it is and the more we worry what if it's not coming! LOL... we were so hoping we'd be in our TWW right now, we've got family down for the next week and we're currently at Disney and it would have been a perfect distraction from the TWW... figures lol...

We are also wondering if it has to do with nursing. Up until last week Stitch had been eating more solids daily, then it was a hectic week of him teething (he's bringing three bottom and a top one in at once!) and huge projects for school which led to us eating more quick style foods him and getting nursed more than eating solids. So we were wondering if that might have canceled or delayed her O? Does anyone know if that did if him being back on eating more solids this week might re-configure her O or if her body might have just decided not to O this month?
    Hubby of kopykat451
    TTC #1 5/16/11 = BFP 14 DPI / TTC #2 11/16/12 = No O; 4/12/13= BFN; 6/9/13 = BFP!! (11 DPI) - MC 5wk5dys / TTC#3 3 BFN's and 4th try 10/21/13 = BFP!!!! (Squinter at 10dpi!)
    AVPCm4.png
    stitchlove_3_2013_zpsdd668ea6.jpg
    2014.png
  • mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    I would recommend getting bloodwork done to confirm she is in fact ovulating. If she is nursing there is a good chance she either isn't ovulating at all or she has a weak ovulation pattern due to the natural hormone suppression that breastfeeding provides.

I was still BF our oldest when we began TTC #2 and my OB ran bloodwork to confirm I was ovulating ...our son was 12 months old by then but still BF a ton. I found I had a weak ovulation pattern and it wasn't going to be good enough to conceive...we waited a little while until Sebastian night weaned himself and then my hormone levels returned to normal and we were able to conceive this baby. As a side note I had been getting my period regularly since 3months post partum...getting your period does not necessarily mean you are ovulating, especially if you're BF.
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png