Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

EWCM at any other part of the cycle?

OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Can you have ewcm and not be about to ovulate? After spending over $100 on OPK's and testing daily (few times a day) we finally gave in and assumed O was just not coming, and sent back the dewar on Saturday... there should be just enough charge in it to get it back to NW - we couldn't find anyone to re-charge it locally due to the holidays. Though if it doesn't get back I'm going to feel really bad since we only have 5 (6 if this one makes it back) vials of our donor because he sold out before we could get more than that. And now tonight DW has ewcm, not a huge amount, but the same amount she had the day we tried for our son. We don't have any more OPK's and I'm not sure if I want to go out and get anymore because of course the cost and especially if it'll just turn out to not be her O - or worse if it is then I'll feel even worse.

But ya, does anyone know if the ewcm shows up at any other part of the cycle?
Hubby of kopykat451
TTC #1 5/16/11 = BFP 14 DPI / TTC #2 11/16/12 = No O; 4/12/13= BFN; 6/9/13 = BFP!! (11 DPI) - MC 5wk5dys / TTC#3 3 BFN's and 4th try 10/21/13 = BFP!!!! (Squinter at 10dpi!)
AVPCm4.png
stitchlove_3_2013_zpsdd668ea6.jpg
2014.png
Tagged:

Comments

• earrefinnejearrefinnej Posts: 447
    edited November -1
    You can have multiple periods of ewcm. It is not unusual. Sometimes you get ready to O and something stressful happens and your O is delayed.
    v52mnw1ox.png
  • BooAnn2011BooAnn2011 Posts: 894
    edited November -1
    I get ewcm around O and right before my period shows up. Keeping my fingers crossed your vial makes it back to NW just fine. It's hard having to send it back....I had to this month also.
  • RW17RW17 Posts: 197
    edited November -1
    If you have PCOS it can happen multiple times. YOu may also get a surge about 7 dpo because estrogen levels go up a bit then.

I get EWCM days before ovulation-- soemtimes 4 or 5 days-- so I would definitely use OPK tests.