Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Thinking about trying in Dec/Jan on 100mg Clomid, no trigger. WWYD?

stash7210stash7210 Posts: 998
edited December 2012 in Trying to Conceive
Sorry I keep bugging everyone about all this. TTC is just so life consuming. Even tho I am on hold.

So we may jump the gun a little and try in Dec or Jan (maybe) and I have a question... We are going to use Clomid 100mg with U/S on CD11-13, which ever day is best, to make sure I am growing follicles. I am dead set against multiplies since I have a minor heart problem that I don't need going major, so we have decided that releasing only one follicle per cycle would be best for us, so no trigger. I am wondering, for those of you who used Clomid without trigger, when did you insem? Did it result in a BFP? I know the only time that I know FOR SURE that I ovulated, I felt O pains just a few short hours after my first +OPK. So how long do you think I should wait after a +OPK on Clomid since I have no idea how shortly after I will O? OB says 24hrs is when she does IUIs. DW says 36-48hrs. And I am scared that it may need to be at +OPK but not sure. What if it needs to be later like DW says? I feel like I need at least 2 IUI vials, or one IUI and one ICI... What would you do?

Comments

• aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    I don't have any experience with not using the trigger, but how many follicles do you get on 100 mg of Clomid?
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • stash7210stash7210 Posts: 998
    edited December 2012
    The first time only one. The second time there were 3 but only 2 were big enough. And we have twins on both sides of the family. My Mom and Dad had the most tho. One identical set with one still born, one feternal set had a boy lost at 18wks PG (my twin, Trimsnomoy 21), and a set of feternal twin girls that were lost 16wks. Docs said Mom was too young to carry them which I think was bull.
    edited November -1
    Perhaps you could have the trigger shot as a back-up then? If you get to the mature follicle stage and there is only one, you can trigger and have your timing just about narrowed down (assuming you were not already surging on your own)?

I'm kinda over all the guesswork and want things as clock work, medicated, and moderated as possible. :)

As for timing without, it's so hard to say without evidence of what your cycles have done before. I've only taken Femara, but each cycle for me has been different in terms of size of follicles, CD, amount of follicles -- though I never had more than 2 mature follicles. I also take the middle dosage of Femara, comparable to 100 mg of Clomid.

Good luck, Stash!
    7NZpm4.png
    edited November -1
    Oh man, just read your edits! That is very sad about the losses in your family. This may not be helpful, but some of that could be egg quality and/or sperm quality. It is possible that the Clomid is helping you create better quality eggs to help prevent some of those terrible issues from happening. However, it is also just sad, sad chance. However, given the number of chromosomal issues, it could be something genetic. What does your doctor say about your family history and how best to go about a healthy and happy pregnancy?

I know you have had previous losses and I can't even imagine how hard that must be. You and your partner are very brave to keep at it -- I'm glad you're trying again sooner! Sorry I can't be of more help.
    7NZpm4.png
  • kstarrkstarr Posts: 1,008
    edited November -1
    i have no experience at all with clomid, but maybe you should do two vials. one at +opk and another at 24 after. that way you have your early possibility covered and also the later. that's what i would do if i wasn't sure. good luck!!!
    k4xs7.jpg
    ICI #1 April 2012- BFN ICI #2 March 2013 BFN
    DH had vasectomy reversal October 2013. It worked!!!
    Counts are low, varicocele surgery was in August 2014.
    IVF February 2016 w/ICSI transferred 2 perfect blastocysts. It's twins!!!!
    Two perfect, beautiful boys born 10/24/16!!
  • ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited December 2012
    The month I finally got my bfp I did 100 mg clomid and no trigger. Dr did the first IUI 3 hours past + opk (or as soon as I could get there) and the second 24 hours after that, so 27 hours after +opk. Worked like a charm obviously!

Can you do 2 IUI? Or 1 IUI and 1 ICI?
    image_zps64579b54.png
    edited November -1
    Thank you aplusa. It has been really hard on us but I think we are going iin to this better prepared than last time.

The doc my Mom had was a quack. He made my parents think that it was all because my Dad smoked pot when he was a teen and that my Mom smoked ciggs before and after each pregnancy.

My OB recomended not using the trigger since there were so many issues with one or both twins. She seems to think it may be a problem with blood flow to my Mom's uterus. So she wants to avoid twins or more at all costs. As do I because as happy as I would be with one, I would be devestated to lose a twin.

But having the trigger shot ready is a good idea. Just in case there is only one follicle. But we will see.

And I was planning on using 2 vials. I think we will IUI 6-12hrs after +OPK, then 24hrs later all depending on the signs I have. Would you do 2 IUIs? Or one ICI and one IUI? And which timings? IUI first or ICI first?
  • CRWHNW0909CRWHNW0909 Posts: 599 ✭✭
    edited December 2012
    I'm not understanding what triggering has to do with multiples? I was on the lowest dosage of clomid. Got a +opk Wednesday, went in for IUI on Friday. No trigger as I was already ovulating. I had four follicles, when we went in, three already released and she thought the fourth was about ready to. So I think it's going to depend on the quantity of mature follies rather than how they're released. Good luck!!

FWIW: multiples run on my fathers side.
    04/11/2011=BFN 06/08/2011=BFN 07/05/2011=BFN 11/25/2011=BFP!!
    Beta 1: 2,489 Beta 2: 5,603 TWINS!!
    edited November -1
    I am thinking more along the lines that if I have 2 or more follicles then hopefully only one will release. Because the trigger shot makes all the follicles release that are around the right size. If you don't use the trigger shot than you have a chance of only the biggest one releasing. But that is only a chance. They could all still release and there is nothing I can do about that. I just don't want to make sure that they all release. If that makes any sense at all. :)