Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

For you Clomid without Trigger parents... WWYD?

stash7210stash7210 Posts: 998
edited December 2012 in Pregnancy and Babies
Sorry I keep bugging everyone about all this. TTC is so life consuming.

So we may jump the gun a little and try in Dec or Jan (maybe) and I have a question... We are going to use Clomid 100mg with U/S on CD11-13, which ever day is best, to make sure I am growing follicles. I am dead set against multiplies since I have a minor heart problem that I don't need going major, so we have decided that releasing only one follicle per cycle would be best for us, so no trigger. I am wondering, for those of you who used Clomid without trigger, when did you insem? Did it result in a BFP? I know the only time that I know FOR SURE that I ovulated, I felt O pains just a few short hours after my first +OPK. So how long do you think I should wait after a +OPK on Clomid since I have no idea how shortly after I will O? OB says 24hrs is when she does IUIs. DW says 36-48hrs. And I am scared that it may need to be at +OPK but not sure. What if it needs to be later like DW says? I feel like I need at least 2 IUI vials, or one IUI and one ICI... What would you do?

Comments

• coryandamandacoryandamanda Posts: 1,527
    edited November -1
    We had one clomid cycle that resulted in our son. I did 50 mg cycle day 3-7. We insemmed at 11 and 24 hrs past +OPK. We didn't use u/s or trigger.
    July 4, 2015
    image_2.jpgu
  • andrea1281andrea1281 Posts: 128
    edited November -1
    I used clomid once. We did insems at +opk, 12 hrs after, and 24 hrs after. I did get pregnant that cycle, but it was an ectopic. We didn't use u/s or trigger either. The cycle when I conceived my daughter, I did the same thing, but without clomid. I tend to O closer to +OPK though. Since you have no idea about when you ovulate, I would use 3 vials if you can afford it. You could do it how I did or start your first insem at 12 hrs. If you're only going to do 2 vials, I would try 12 hrs and 36 hrs to catch it either way if you ovulate earlier or later. I hope that makes sense lol

Btw, my OB said it is always better to have the swimmers in there waiting on the egg than vice versa. That's why we did it the way we did. It worked for us. I'm sure every doctor has a different opinion though.
  • stash7210stash7210 Posts: 998
    edited November -1
    Thanks ladies!!! Wow you have given me so much hope in our decision!!! And I love that you didn't use U/S monitoring. We have been planning to do an U/S on the first cycle of Clomid and if it works like the last two that worked, then we may cut out the U/S later. But I am not sure. But I think we can really do this. Because we are going to do the IUIs at home, and I know we are going to use 2 vials, but I wish we could use 3. But we will see. I don't want to buy 6 vials and then only have 3 months worth of trying. 3 cycles worth is a little better because we would be able to save up for a 4th cycle, and then we may take a break for a month and try again. That is if we don't get a BFP on the first one. ;)

Again ladies, thank you so much for your advise and the hope it has given me. :D