Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Timing with only one ICI vial

ReadytoTryReadytoTry Posts: 234
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
How should I best time my ICI at-home insemination with just one vial? For illustrative purposes, let's use last month's schedule. I got an almost positive OPK (I would have thought it was positive, but it faded out a little bit, revealing that it wasn't as dark as the control line, just almost) on the evening of CD16. I had positive OPK on both the morning AND evening of CD 17. Wake temperature stayed low on CD 18. Waking temp was up a degree on CD 19.

So, with that pattern, when is the most optimal time to inseminate? I thought I would time it 18 hours after the first positive OPK - but is this too late? Too early?
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    TheMysticalOneTheMysticalOne Posts: 850 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think 18 hours sounds good. Everybody is different. Everyone gets their positives at different times. It also depends on how long you've already had your surge too. I got pregnant with this baby doing 12 & 18 hours. So I think 18 is a good one. I personally think a little earlier is better than too late and missing it all together. I usually ovulate around 24 hours after +OPK. I always know when I feel ovulation cramps and I go ahead and do the insem! Good luck!!
  • Options
    RW17RW17 Posts: 197
    edited November -1
    It might be too early but it's hard to say. I think for an IUI vial it would too early but with an ICI vial it might be good. Unfortunately, however, it's an imprecise art.
  • Options
    MommyAndMamaMommyAndMama Posts: 100
    edited November -1
    18 is fab....
    ae468c1e-3d9f-43c8-b30b-6712751bbcacwallpaper-1.jpg
  • Options
    MommyAndMamaMommyAndMama Posts: 100
    edited November -1
    you will hear twenty different answers "11, no 12, no 16, no 18, no 20, no 24....." Truth is.... Get those babies up there!

They survive after thaw APPROXIMATELY 24 hours, some less, some more.....

Your lucky swimmer may be a lighting McQueen and speed to victory, or it may be a slow study and sure kinda swimmer.... You never know... So find an hour when you feel at ease, have no additional plans to pull you away, and when you feel good about propping that booty in the air and hanging out for a while! THAT is what is most important!

GODD LUCK! ;)
    ae468c1e-3d9f-43c8-b30b-6712751bbcacwallpaper-1.jpg
  • Options
    palegreenpalegreen Posts: 1,478
    edited November -1
    I think 18 hours sounds good. Your cycle sounds comparable to mine (two years ago). I got my smiley at 5am, insemmed 20 hours later, temp rise the next morning, BFP 9 days later.
    sig2017_zpsneeoat7k.jpg
  • Options
    ReadytoTryReadytoTry Posts: 234
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the advice! I think I'll stick with 18 hours, so long as that doesn't end up in the middle of the night or very early in the morning (never my best time!). All I need now is a positive opk!!!