Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

TTC and herbal tea (red raspberry leaf)

vanish12vanish12 Posts: 55
edited December 2012 in Trying to Conceive
I am hoping one of you ladies has some insight on this. I am currently at the start of my TWW and trying to do everything I can think of to increase my chances. I have read that red raspberry leaf tea is great to use during pregnancy but it can also help induce labor. I am not sure about using it during early pregnancy or TWW, as I have read conflicting information. At an early stage can it help strengthen the uterus or cause a MC?

I purchased some and its sitting on my kitchen counter because I am scared to use it. Also the literature from my RE's office warns against using herbal supplements so I am reluctant to ask my RE as I'm pretty sure she would say no.

Thanks everyone in advance for your help. I wish you all happy and safe holidays and 2013 babies! :D

Comments

• aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    I can't offer too much insight, but I had read very similar things to you online about it. There are certainly accounts of women drinking a glass a day through TTC to Labor Day and not having any trouble - it is supposed to help with labor. However, I, personally, was more conservative - I would take it up to ovulation and then I was considering taking it at the very end of pregnancy -- should I get there ;) - after 37 weeks. However, the first month I took it I noticed such a dramatic change in my period it put me off it. I will say Fertiltea has Red Raspberry Leaf and tons of folks on here drink that and I've never heard of any issue.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • vanish12vanish12 Posts: 55
    edited November -1
    Thank you aplusa! I will click do a search to see what people have said about Fertiltea and maybe base it on that. Happy holidays and good luck to you!