Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

BFP for the New Year! **Update*** Miscarriage

earrefinnejearrefinnej Posts: 447
edited January 2013 in BFP Database
Here’ is my pregnancy success story. Using frozen donor sperm, my wife and I have tried 5 times (3 ICI at home, 2 IUI at the clinic) to get pregnant and last cycle I was pregnant but had a very early miscarriage because I thought early spotting was really my period and stopped taking progesterone (or at least that’s what I think happened!) This time around, we did our second unmedicated IUI at a women’s clinic 28 hrs past +OPK using the ClearBlue Fertility Monitor. I also had been doing a juice/fruit/veggie fast for 10 days prior toO on the recommendation of my Naturopathic Doctor – she claims it helps boost chances of conception and I really think it works – this means you eat nothing but fruits, veggies, fresh juice, nuts, and seeds for 4-7 days prior to ovulation – this means no proteins, no grains, no dairy – it’s tough at first but it’s not intolerable (I’m already vegan) and it gets results – at least for me! My doctor at the women’s clinic was not impressed with the motility of the frozen sperm, but apparently one made it! I have been using Circle+Bloom’s fertility meditations designed for IVF/IUI and really find it nice and relaxing and look forward to purchasing the pregnancy mediations as well. I’ve been charting for 9 months with my BBT and monitoring my mucus and using the CBFM. I also have been taking oral progesterone and accidently ran out around Christmas time when my doctor’s office was closed! I resolved that issue as soon as I could. I also am doing acupuncture once per week and have been doing so for about 4 months.
Here are my symptoms:
2 DPO – Start taking 4 pellets of Progon B 3x day
5 DPO – mild cramps – pinch-like rather than normal AF cramps
7-8 DPO- mild cramps and bloating
9 DPO – Spotting
10-12 DPO – Spotting and cramps. Run out of oral progesterone on 12 DPO and doctor’s office is closed for a refill – get progesterone cream over the counter and begin using this
13 DPO – spotting gets heavier and very faint BFP on FRER. Get concerned about heavier spotting and call doctor. She recommends getting refill of oral progesterone and stopping the cream because the dosage is too weak. She thinks this will stop the bleeding if I am not actually having a miscarriage.
14 DPO – spotting lightens up, still BFP on FRER – faint
15 DPO – spotting continues to lighten, BFP on FRER – darker
16 DPO – spotting essentially stops – brown EWCM, BFP on Clearblue Digital (my wife wouldn’t believe it until she saw the words!)
I’m so excited –( it’s taking a while for my wife to absorb it) and looking forward to a healthy and happy 9 months! Now the hard part is not talking about it until the 2nd trimester.
*******UPDATE**********
Unfortunately at 5 weeks, 3 days, I confirmed a miscarriage. Total bummer but I know I can get pregnant and am adjusting some supplements to hopefully help my little bean stick better next time. I will try again in March.
v52mnw1ox.png

Comments

• MommyAndMamaMommyAndMama Posts: 100
    edited November -1
    YAY! Congratulations!
    ae468c1e-3d9f-43c8-b30b-6712751bbcacwallpaper-1.jpg
  • edited November -1
    CONGRATS!!! Wishing you a happy & healthy 9 months!!
    C & D

iPMMm5.png
  • emlklg444emlklg444 Posts: 645
    edited November -1
    Yay! Congratulations and Happy New Year!
    1st daughter born 9/26/2013 (bfp 2nd attempt at home ICI)
    2nd daughter born 3/8/2016 (bfp after 7 attempts at home ICI, 2 miscarriages, 1 D&C)
    age 36 evtim8.png
    age 39 K8qxm7.png
  • AndyLou82AndyLou82 Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited September 2020
  • 2ladiezinlove2ladiezinlove Posts: 73
    edited November -1
    Congrats!!! I hope you have an awesome and healthly 9 months ahead! :)
    TTC #1 Oct 2014 Medicated At home ICI BFN/ TTC #1 Dec 2014 Medicated at home ICI BFN/TTC #1 Jan 2015 Medicated at home ICI BFN/TTC #1 March 2015 Medicated at home ICI BFN/TTC #1 April 2015 Medicated at home ICI BFN/TTC #1/June 2015 Medicated at home ICI BFN/TTC #1 July 2015 non medicated at home ICI BFN/TTC #1 Aug 2015 non medicated at home ICI BFN/TTC #1 Oct 2015 non medicated at home ICI BFN/. TTC #1 May 2016 IVF-FET BFP