Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Tank delivered and laid on its side

blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I've had it!

Today was a long hard day. After 14 hours of work I came home to find the dewar was delivered... and was laid on its side and other packages were stacked on top of it.

If Fed-ex was open I would call and let loose. Those were the guys that laid it on its side to stack boxes of books on it. There's more than enough room on the front porch to accommodate everything without stacking. I have an empty carport too. It even has a little bump out you can stick packages behind.

I checked the tank. It's really cold. The lid is extremely cold. The sample seems fine. It seems like there is more than enough fluid still in the dewar to keep the sample cold for the next 24 to 72 hours. I feel really lucky that everything seems ok. With all that's going on I don't know if I could handle missing a cycle and wasting all that money because no one could read the box or notice the arrows pointing up.
Tagged:

Comments

• TheOtherLovingMomsTheOtherLovingMoms Posts: 1,481 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would definitely call NW in the morning and tell them about it. I thought ups was delivering the tanks now and not fedex. I would also call them and ask to speak with a supervisor and tell them that it says all over the box to keep upright and let them know they really need to hire drivers who can READ. They need to be made aware of it.
    IGXwm4.png
    I just turned 50 and fabulous!!! Enjoying life with my amazing family!!
    Mom to Rachel 33, Bethany 30, Rebekah 30, Zachrey 20 and several angel babies
    Grandma to Larissa 11, Brittney 11, Trevor 11, Destiny 7, Jayvin 6, Jackxon 3, Kaleb Joshua Rian 1. Grandbaby #8, Sariah Grace born 11-17-16
  • stash7210stash7210 Posts: 998
    edited November -1
    WTH! I would call fedex and rip into them!! I am so glad your swim team seems to be fine, but that isn't the point. If ya can't read and be careful, you don't need the job.

Calling NW so they are aware of the situation seems like a good idea too. I bet they get to the bottom of it too. They know how important all this is to us.

Good luck and Baby Dust!
  • emlklg444emlklg444 Posts: 645
    edited January 2013
    blkbrd3 wrote:
    I've had it!

Today was a long hard day. After 14 hours of work I came home to find the dewar was delivered... and was laid on its side and other packages were stacked on top of it.

If Fed-ex was open I would call and let loose. Those were the guys that laid it on its side to stack boxes of books on it. There's more than enough room on the front porch to accommodate everything without stacking. I have an empty carport too. It even has a little bump out you can stick packages behind.

I checked the tank. It's really cold. The lid is extremely cold. The sample seems fine. It seems like there is more than enough fluid still in the dewar to keep the sample cold for the next 24 to 72 hours. I feel really lucky that everything seems ok. With all that's going on I don't know if I could handle missing a cycle and wasting all that money because no one could read the box or notice the arrows pointing up.

That's terrible. It's clearly noted on the box "this side up", you have to carry it upright the way the handles are placed, and you have to practically force the box onto its side because they are bottom heavy. This is incompetence at its best. You are not the only NW cryobank customer this has happened to. I remember a previous post about the dewar being placed on its side upon delivery, I think sometime back in November...I think it was UPS, and the forum member who posted was able to talk to the UPS driver directly about it. Apparently this happens more often than is acceptable. It's NOT acceptable. When my wife and I observe incompetence, especially in public service, we always agree that if WE were even as minimally incompetent at our jobs, people would die. (we both work in health care). You should definitely file a complaint with Fed Ex & NW cryo.
    1st daughter born 9/26/2013 (bfp 2nd attempt at home ICI)
    2nd daughter born 3/8/2016 (bfp after 7 attempts at home ICI, 2 miscarriages, 1 D&C)
    age 36 evtim8.png
    age 39 K8qxm7.png
  • blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank you for acknowledging my anger and frustration.

This morning I reviewed the delivery notices. I thought the tank was delivered by UPS and my smaller packages were delivered by Fed-ex. They were all delivered by UPS at exactly the same time... sounds like they were all delivered by the same driver, right?

I called UPS this morning and filed a complaint. The representative was very professional and quite nice. She said another UPS representative will contact me in the next 24 hours to schedule a home visit. They want to look at the tank, the labels on the box, etc.
  • blkbrd3blkbrd3 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    NW Cryobank called me this afternoon. It seems UPS called them to apologize and to arrange to inspect the tank. The NW rep. was very nice and helpful.

He thanked me for calling and encouraged me to call NW directly in the future if something like this ever happens again. NW wants to be sure there's enough nitrogen in the tank and samples are shipped safe. So should this happen to you, give them a call.
  • preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
    edited November -1
    Oh my goodness... I would be really angry about this...but glad they are taking it seriously...
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • Sunshine4BabySunshine4Baby Posts: 378 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good thing you called! That happened to me during a medicated cycle and it defrosted and all my swimmers were dead when they went to do the insem. NW said they must have laid the box on its side during shipping :(