Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

AI order question

HelloSweetieHelloSweetie Posts: 7
edited January 2013 in Trying to Conceive
Hello all!

My name is Jennie and I'm pretty darned new here and new to TTC as well. My question for you ladies is this: How many vials did you order when you first tried AI? I've been trying to figure out how much I need to use per cycle? I've tried cruising around the forum and have been reading as much as I can. I imagine some of it is personal preference, but any suggestions or info would be welcomed.

Thank you!! :)

PS. Did any of you get CMV testing done, and if you did, how did you go about getting the test ordered by your docs?
Crohn's Disease Advocate since 2011.
I3j4m6.png

2013.pngMake an ovulation ticker

Comments

• kstarrkstarr Posts: 1,008
    edited November -1
    my first try i used two vials. but i can't afford two this time. i'm hoping to nail the timing this time. i'm guessing that's everyone's hope though.
    k4xs7.jpg
    ICI #1 April 2012- BFN ICI #2 March 2013 BFN
    DH had vasectomy reversal October 2013. It worked!!!
    Counts are low, varicocele surgery was in August 2014.
    IVF February 2016 w/ICSI transferred 2 perfect blastocysts. It's twins!!!!
    Two perfect, beautiful boys born 10/24/16!!
  • earrefinnejearrefinnej Posts: 447
    edited November -1
    I use one vial with good timing as recommended by my doctor. I've had two BFP's, both resulting in m/c but I hope in a few months I can try again and get one to stick. It's just too expensive to me to use two vials per O.
    v52mnw1ox.png
  • Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    All you really need is 1 vial, but often times, people feel better if they get more than 1 to cover their bases better. If you know when you ovulate you can definitely get pregnant with 1 well timed insemination.
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    It is usually what I can afford also but I like to have 2...one I sweat it out and to be as precise as I can the other I do when it feels right...three for some reason stresses me out!
  • aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    I always ovulated a bit after my +OPK, so I always used 2 vials. One cycle we bought three, but I ended up only doing 1 insemination as I ovulated a few days early and the tank was not scheduled to arrive in time.

I like the increased chance you have from 2 vials, but as others have said, you can absolutely, certainly, 100% get pregnant on 1 well timed vial.
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • HelloSweetieHelloSweetie Posts: 7
    edited November -1
    Thank you ladies for your responses! I really appreciate the information! :)

A few more questions if that isn't a problem.... If any of you were on birth control, how long were you off of it before you TTC? (I've got an appointment with an ob/gyn tomorrow but she's always so rushed that she barely even takes the time to explain things to you. So I doubt I'll be able to squeeze in a ton of questions.) And when you thaw your samples, how long do you let them thaw for before insemming?

Thanks again!
    I3j4m6.png

• HelloSweetieHelloSweetie Posts: 7
    edited November -1
    Sarah-SMBC wrote:
    Ask a gazillion questions just ask them away.

I was on nuvaring for a month to control my period took it out 2 days later I got AF then that cycle I used a known donor but that was a bfn.

I took the vial out let it sit til I could touch it which was 5 minutes then I warmed it to temperature in between my hands like you would a playdoh snake back and forth. That was about 10 then I insemmed!

Thank you for the response, Sarah! I appreciate all the help you've given me! :) Hopefully soon you'll get yourself a BFP! :D
    I'm off to the ob/gyn to ask for a CMV antibody test and to harass the poor woman with questions (or at least attempt to!) :P
    I3j4m6.png

• TheMysticalOneTheMysticalOne Posts: 850 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The first couple times I ordered I only ordered one vial. Well, it figues that the first few times I tried ended up being unovulatory cycles! With the cycles I got my BFP's I used two vials, so I managed to cover all bases. I think the first vial is the one that "worked" and the second one just backed it up just in case. Good luck with whatever you decide!!