Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

I can't remember and can't search with my phone.

gonnabeamommasoongonnabeamommasoon Posts: 257
edited January 2013 in Trying to Conceive
How long does/can fresh sperm live? 3-7 days is all I can remember. Anyone know or can search for me please? Thanks!!

Comments

• TheMysticalOneTheMysticalOne Posts: 850 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    WebMD says that fresh sperm can live in a woman's body for up to 5 days. Seven days seems a bit long to me. Hope this helps!

http://www.webmd.com/infertility-and-reproduction/guide/sperm-and-semen-faq
  • preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
    edited November -1
    gonna, I think they say three is more realistic.(but CAN be longer)..that is if you have friendly CM too...!
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • gonnabeamommasoongonnabeamommasoon Posts: 257
    edited November -1
    Thanks!!
    edited November -1
    Okay, I want a girl really bad, and was thinkin that if we did the deed on Monday and I may ovulate on Wed, would we have a better chance at havin a girl. He wants one so bad. I don't mind either way. But out of 14 chidren fathered by a male family member of he, he has 2 nieces and 12 nephews. So I don't know if we should try everyday or stop on Monday or even Sunday. Thoughts?
    edited November -1
    Oh wow!! Thanks Sarah. This seems like very good information. But I don't think we will be able to hold off that long unless BF ends up leaving today around 9am. Because I am due to O Tues or Wed and we are taking NO precautions. We both want a girl, but we both want a baby too. So I guess what ever happens, happens. But this was a great post!!