Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Home IUIers...a little something that worked well for me.

old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
edited November -1 in At-Home Insemination
My vials are only available in IUI form so despite the fact I have only had luck one time doing an IUI by myself I thought I would try again today. You read and hear about having a big O after you AI with your ICI vials but I had read if you O BEFORE you try your IUI that your cervix will be more open and make it easier to get the cath in...I will certify that YES that works nicely. Even when I had my HSG the dr. had a hard time getting the cath through but today...it worked great...so you might concider trying it if you are doing a IUI at home...Sorry about TMI...

Comments

• sara291sara291 Posts: 1,042
    edited November -1
    That's interesting! I just have no clue when I O. Thinking 24 hours past. I only want to do 1 vial. After many tries with 2 when I was TTC & all neg I moved on to just one. It took but its such a shorter time frame that survive. Timing is so much more nerve wracking with just one try. Almost makes me want to try two vials :-(
  • MeetTheBrownsMeetTheBrowns Posts: 190
    edited November -1
    Hmm I had never heard that before. I wonder if I would feel awkward doing that before an in office IUI...lol
    27063_541015743588_7092397_n.jpg

Together since 10/28/2005, married since 03/07/2009, TTC #1 02/08/12 - BFN. TTC #2 10/9/12 - BFN. TTC #3 June 2013 - BFN
  • earrefinnejearrefinnej Posts: 447
    edited November -1
    Just to confirm... O means orgasm vs. Ovulation. Is that right? Could easily be confused.
    v52mnw1ox.png
  • shauna2710shauna2710 Posts: 769 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lol my DH joked about givin me the big O while I was propped up on the table at my REs office. That was awkward
    Cycle 6 was my lucky cycle! BFP!!!
    EDD 12/13/2013
    It's identical TWINS! They're GIRLS!
    7/20/2013 Sweet Baby A lost her battle with IUGR.
    8/26/2013 Feisty Baby B was born via emergency CSection 16 weeks premature
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    Yes...I was trying to be nice...O does mean orgasm...not an easy thing early in the morning but where there's a will there is a way...by the way I read about this from a book a fertility clinic wrote...if their drs. have problems getting caths in they step out and leave their patients/partners to it and come back in after an orgasm! I know for sure the swimmers made it in as I cramped a bit later...
  • TheMFamilyTheMFamily Posts: 255
    edited November -1
    ^LOL that would be SO awkward. I would demand the lights be off when doc came in lol headlamps only! :lol: We will definitely do this ;)
    Us: Together since '07, engaged '09, married '11. Trying to start a family since '09. 1 BFN.
    Me: Child dev. degree, nanny to 5 for 5.5yrs, digital print artist, portrait photographer.
    *Leaving. Message me if you'd like to keep in touch*