Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

If af is affected by stress, will O be "on time" or "late" ?

OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Ugh, so I swear O is just f'ing with us! We have been trying to sort out what is going on with DW's O. We now are thinking the the month we were going to try, and ended up losing a vial because it defrosted, that maybe she did O on time because of the fact that she now drinks over a gallon of water a day and might have diluted the test.

So this month we were back on forth on whether to try or not, we definitely wanted to test to see what's going on. So I have the opks here at the house (they just came in the mail today cause we ordered them from Amazon.) Af showed up late this month (we think due to stress) and with it being late we expected her to o sometime this next weekend...

Now DW had some odd cramping on her right side last night, and today she is at work and has loads of ewcm. I think she'll test when she gets home but we we're thinking O is here and the test won't really show it will it if it has already happened? Now if it is then I believe it is "on time" if you go by when af was due - so if af came late due to stress, would O still come "on time" ... or should it have adjusted to being a new "on time" with regards to when cd1 is?

I just gotta say I feel like ttc#2 is way more confusing then ttc#1!
Hubby of kopykat451
TTC #1 5/16/11 = BFP 14 DPI / TTC #2 11/16/12 = No O; 4/12/13= BFN; 6/9/13 = BFP!! (11 DPI) - MC 5wk5dys / TTC#3 3 BFN's and 4th try 10/21/13 = BFP!!!! (Squinter at 10dpi!)
AVPCm4.png
stitchlove_3_2013_zpsdd668ea6.jpg
2014.png

Comments

• K&HK&H Posts: 3,368 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would have thought that O would have been also "late" if AF was late.. but hmm.. you never know.
    GOzIm4.png
    hAO7m4.png
    CmQMm4.png
  • graceinflgraceinfl Posts: 1,743
    edited November -1
    I know mine may fluctuate a little. How off is it? She is still EBF, right? Do you have any vials at the house now?
  • miaandsabrinamiaandsabrina Posts: 723
    edited November -1
    We have had some crazy stress going on lately and our + opk finally showed today CD 17!! So I had cramps off and on all week thinking I'd missed it but I guess late is better than never!! Good luck guys! Wishing best for y'all!
    Our worlds collided and together we've been blessed with perfection!
  • miaandsabrinamiaandsabrina Posts: 723
    edited November -1
    Wanted to add, #2 seems much more confusing! Your not alone!
    Our worlds collided and together we've been blessed with perfection!
  • TheMFamilyTheMFamily Posts: 255
    edited November -1
    If AF was late, O should be late as well. I would tell her to temporarily slow way down on the water. O could be coming today or tomorrow?
    Us: Together since '07, engaged '09, married '11. Trying to start a family since '09. 1 BFN.
    Me: Child dev. degree, nanny to 5 for 5.5yrs, digital print artist, portrait photographer.
    *Leaving. Message me if you'd like to keep in touch*
  • OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
    edited November -1
    Okay so that's what we were expecting for O to follow course with the late AF. Tonight she tested and there is a faint line. It's a wondfo (sp?) brand one, we've never used these ones before but I got 100 of them for $25 on Amazon so figured it would help us with trying to pinpoint O this month. I've heard a lot of ladies on here mention that they were good. My question is, is it like the FRER lined ones, where a faint line means it is coming/going (ie somewhere near O either getting close to or just after it) ? If so we'll see what happens the next few days. Hoping that the cramping was just something else and that O will be "on time" with when we expected it to be. If so then hopefully we'll be trying next month!
    Hubby of kopykat451
    TTC #1 5/16/11 = BFP 14 DPI / TTC #2 11/16/12 = No O; 4/12/13= BFN; 6/9/13 = BFP!! (11 DPI) - MC 5wk5dys / TTC#3 3 BFN's and 4th try 10/21/13 = BFP!!!! (Squinter at 10dpi!)
    AVPCm4.png
    2014.png
  • OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
    edited November -1
    Oh and grace, she's still bf'ng, but not exclusively. He eats mostly regular food now. She just nurses him before bed, and at least once or twice at night, and then somedays he'll nurse for naps but others he won't.
    Hubby of kopykat451
    AVPCm4.png
    2014.png
    edited November -1
    It can be a very faint line anytime during the cycle as LH flows throughout the cycle like a mini rollercoaster. I have only ever used Wondfo/cheapies (other than a couple dollar store tests in the beginning) and love them! To be truly positive the lines have to be equal or the test line has to be even darker. There were months were they got ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLMOST equal and I marked them as positive, assuming I had justtttt missed the LH surge or it was justttttt dropping off. I just started using a Clear Blue Fertility Monitor as well to give me better peace of mind and FOR SURE pinpoint it. You could do the same with digitals, just don't use them unless you're pretty dang sure the Wondfo is a positive. You'll still be saving money because you can pee on those Wondfos like crazy and not think twice. :lol:
    Us: Together since '07, engaged '09, married '11. Trying to start a family since '09. 1 BFN.
    Me: Child dev. degree, nanny to 5 for 5.5yrs, digital print artist, portrait photographer.
    edited November -1
    Here's my (totally whacked out cycle from travelling) +OPK from last cycle!

419330_10151443085872929_240710467_n.jpg

Note that the test line is the line on the LEFT!
  • allthingsluckyallthingslucky Posts: 467
    edited November -1
    It doesn't matter when I get AF (my cycle varies from 24-29 days) I always ovulate on day 11. There has been maybe one or two months I can recall in the past 3 years that it was different than that.