Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

Known Donor: Who Used 'Em? =) (Preg & Babies)

TheMFamilyTheMFamily Posts: 255
edited March 2013 in Pregnancy and Babies
Unless something comes up with our legal team or emotions, DH and I will be using a KD when I ovulate later this month! Uh HELLO party dance! :D:lol::D:lol:

So, who used a known donor and is willing to share?

Curiosity questions you don't have to answer:

How did/do you know him?

Were/Are you close?

How did you go about the legal side of things?

Does/will the child(ren) see the KD?

Does/will the child(ren) know KD is the KD?

Where did/will you do the deposits/insems at?

How many cycles did it take?

Do you feel it changed the relationship between you and KD for better or for worse?

If you have a partner, does KD look like said partner? Was this a factor for you?

:)
Us: Together since '07, engaged '09, married '11. Trying to start a family since '09. 1 BFN.
Me: Child dev. degree, nanny to 5 for 5.5yrs, digital print artist, portrait photographer.
*Leaving. Message me if you'd like to keep in touch*
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    msdfyed22msdfyed22 Posts: 77
    edited November -1
    We tried with 2 different known donors we met thru KDR. One we met in person, the other we did not. We took time to get to know them chatting online and on the phone, filled out an agreement and saw STD results. Felt comfortable with it but we knew we would not be seeing these men in passing as the closest one was 4 hours away. It was important for us that if we used a known donor we still wanted very limited contact.
    However my best friend and her partner used a friend they already knew (as I believe you are). Besides the two of them, i am the only one who knows who the donor is, they are not open about it. In all honesty, they had a few rough spots in the beginning where he got upset they were not sharing every detail of the pregnancy with him but it was more because he felt their friend ship was diminishing, not because he wanted to be a part of the baby. Now that the baby is born he comes over and visits just like any other friend would. I can't say for certain how that affects him inside at all. From an outside view, using a KD has its challenges, but so does using an anonymous donor! Personally I am sad that I will not be able to tell my child who his donor was, but it was the sacrifice we made since using the known donor wasn't working. I would rather have a child that may hate me one day for not knowing his origins than no child at all!
    IUI #1-3 BFN, IUI #4-BFP 9 DPO,Chemical , IUI #5-BFP 10DPO,no fetus at first ultrasound 7 weeks, 6 ICI at home with KD - BFN
    IUI #6- BFP at 9DPO! Saw heartbeat at 6weeks 4 days!

tstt0retc0.jpgeNortjKzUjIyMjAwNFayBlwwFT4CxQ,,15.png