Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

37 Week Update

TheMysticalOneTheMysticalOne Posts: 850 ✭✭
edited November -1 in Pregnancy and Babies
So the last few days I've been feeling decreased movement from my little girl. It wasn't that I stopped feeling movements, but they were just fewer and far between than before. Luckily I had my 37 week appointment this morning. I mentioned this to the doctor and he seemed concerned. He first listened to her heartbeat, which was fine, and then sent me across the way to have an ultrasound done. Good news is that baby girl is INDEED still a girl. lol. She's also measuring great and her weight is estimated at 6 pounds 12 ounces. Her fluid levels are good, heartrate was good, and while she wasn't super active she was still "comfortably" active, as the tech put it. She was also playing with her feet, which was super cute. And the tech says she has "chubby cheeks". :)

I was then hooked up to do the NST test. Test came out good and normal thankfully. Went over results with my doctor and he says since I've been feeling decreased movement he'd like me to come back in next week for another NST test. They also wanted to schedule an induction at 39 weeks (currently at April 2). :( I wasn't too happy about having an induction scheduled, but he told me it's better to have that baby in your arms and to know she's okay. He also said it's possible that I could go into labor beforehand and if I change my mind they can easily cancel it. I just want what's best for my baby, especially since she's not all that active. He told me to call anytime I thought there was a problem.

So it looks like I'm going to have this baby girl a little earlier than planned, but that's okay. I'll be ready for her! Can't believe she's coming so soon. Wow!! I'll also be doing LOTS of walking, squats, etc to try to get her to come naturally first!! :D

Comments

• MelandTara01MelandTara01 Posts: 557
    edited November -1
    WOW!!! How exciting and a little scary. How cute that she was playing with her feet. I'm so excited for you and baby. Glad to hear she is STILL a girl too...lol! Good Luck and keep us updated. :-)
    TTC #1 10/2012 -- BFN
    TTC #2 11/2012 -- BFP!!! :)
    0ia8m5.png
  • HopingForBFPHopingForBFP Posts: 520
    edited November -1
    Sooo exciting and I'm so excited for you!! :)
    Just 2-3 more weeks and she'll be in your arms.
    8688290472_8f0eb25fa6_z.jpg
    age.png
    9346155527_f7f126c056.jpg
    age.png
    BFP- 8/9/09 at 10DPO, after 4 years TTC. Sydnee born on April 14th 2010. BFP #2 at 11DPO 9/29/12. Due 6/11/13
  • aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    Glad that she checked out OK on all the test! Keep on going, baby, keep on going!
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • TheMysticalOneTheMysticalOne Posts: 850 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yeah I wasn't too happy about the induction, but after losing a baby already I'll do whatever it takes for her to come out safe and sound! Also will be glad to not have to worry about her movements all the time. I'm constantly poking at my stomach on her "quieter days" like "Baby, hey baby move some more". She usually complies. lol

It is exciting that I'm officially counting down now!!
  • caliejonescaliejones Posts: 222
    edited November -1
    Congrats! That is so exciting, I hope we see pics soon after her arrival!
    :)
    34t6ff7.jpg
  • preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
    edited November -1
    Wow.... that is great that you will see your little girl very soon.... I hope you have a smooth delivery... hopefully your walking,etc. will help with a natural birth so you don't have to worry about induction. :):)
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • bow1532bow1532 Posts: 185
    edited November -1
    Can't wait to see pics of her "chubby cheeks". Enjoy the last days of alone time.
    IMAG0231_1_zps0e88cac0.jpg
  • Jen727BFJen727BF Posts: 2,304
    edited November -1
    Wow! I hadn't seen this post!! April 2 is less than 2 weeks away!!! I'm glad baby girl is doing well :) I agree with pps about trying to do natural inductions so that you do not have to be medically induced. Any pics from your u/s?
    183190fb-4512-4f04-a781-76af2d6d42b0_zpsrvzisual.jpg
    TTC No. 2 since Aug. 2014; IVF #1 - Cxld; IVF #2 - BFN
  • mommylovemommylove Posts: 1,582
    edited November -1
    Congrats on your still healthy and happy baby girl who will either way be arriving very soon!

I did want to mention that I am surprised your doc was concerned about a decrease in baby's movement. This is actually very common later in pregnancy as baby no longer has room to move. As long as you are able to induce movement by poking at her, she is just fine. Totally normal, especially considering she is already almost 7lbs at 37wks making her potentially on the slightly bigger side if you go full term. Nothing wrong with that...you are speaking to the Mom of a 9lb 9oz baby boy who came at 39wks. :-)

I do also agree that avoiding an induction is beneficial. In fact, it is indeed healthier and safer for you and baby.
    be422225-267e-4ff7-94c0-a8d5baf3176a_zpse0970fea.jpg
    October 2014

Dk5Zm7.png

22gfm7.png