Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

First injection DONE! :)

scorpiogrl7scorpiogrl7 Posts: 1,386
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
I had my CD3 ultrasound and labs this morning. Although I am NOT confident in the nurse's Ultrasound capabilities, we got the all clear to start stimming.

I am doing 3 vials Bravelle and 2 vials Menopur/Repronex (because I have some of both--they were kind of donated) IN .5cc OF DILUENT! Does this seem like a tiny amount of diluent for that many powders? It does to me. I lost a miniscule amount of diluent with each mixing, and by the time I got done, it was a little less than .5cc. Does this seem right? Everything else I have seen has people mixing 1cc of diluent with however many powders.

L wanted to watch me mix everything up, but she wanted to give the actual shot. I had complete faith in her. Maybe I shouldn't have....

She poked the needle in SO SLOWLY that I felt it all the way in. Then of course it burned so much! I can still feel the sting and she gave the shot 3 hours ago. I told her to shoot it in like a dart next time.

So here we go! I am to take 3 Bravelle and 2 Menopur nightly through Monday, which is our next u/s. I hope to GOD the same nurse does NOT do my ultrasound.

First, she had the other, older-looking, nurse come in and observe while she did it. She just lubed up the wand and stuck it in blindly (at all my other u/s's, the technician handed ME the wand and had me insert it myself, then she took over) without looking or spreading things apart or whatever.

My uterus appeared on the screen. I could see the lining. All good.

Then she turned the wand and said, "Here is your right ovary..." except it wasn't my ovary. Or it didn't look like it to me. It looked like my cervix. A dark, circular blob. With NO follicles on it whatsoever. Up above, I could see what very much looked like my ovary, as it had a bunch of tiny circles of black, which I would assume are antral follicles. She said to the other nurse, "This is it, right?" and the other nurse responded, "Yeah, I think you've just got some shadows interfering or something."

I ALMOST said, "Hey, isn't that my ovary *up there*?" But I didn't. I should have.

Then, on the left ovary, I had 3 very small follicles: .6, .7, .6. She measured them. I had to read the screen to see what they measured. She said the doctor may be concerned about these, he may want to see the bloodwork results first before letting me start my meds tonight, but she would call me if he wanted me to wait.

I did not receive a call, so I went ahead with the shot.

Does anyone else think this nurse needs to stop doing follicle scans? Now I'm nervous about my next one. What if she thinks my cervix is my ovary again and they cancel me for not responding? Gah.
ZVvim5.png

Comments

• preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
    edited November -1
    Well.. I am glad that you are starting your cycle... I have never done ivf, so I can't be much help with the specifics of that.

I would be a bit concerend that the u/s tech seems unsure of what she is doing. Can a more experienced u/s tech do the u/s next time. I mean, ivf is not cheap, and I am sure you want someone who knows what they are doing when it comes to every aspect of it. Can you request a different tech?

I wish you good luck in that, and with the cycle in general!
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • scorpiogrl7scorpiogrl7 Posts: 1,386
    edited November -1
    There is no u/s tech, apparently the RNs do the u/s there, or the Dr. There are 2 RNs and I am afraid to ask for one over the other, as I fear she will be angry and somehow sabotage my cycle. And apparently the other nirse didn't know a whole lot more than her, or she would have pointed it out.

I forgot to add that the same nurse who did my u/s then couldn't get my blood (she decided this without picking up a needle--just by feeling) and had the other nurse come in and stick me. Neither of them were wearing gloves for the blood draw.

And it's a good thing I have a medical background and have done injections before, because her " patient teaching" for the shots was, "Draw up. 5cc of the fluid, put it in with the powder, then draw that up and repeat until you've got all 5. Change the needle to a 3/8 in and grab some fat below the bellybutton. Inject it there. Did you want me to get out our bucket of empty vials and you guys can play with them?"

I have seen YouTube videos of people going to shot teaching and they practice injecting on oranges and one couple even had a little squishy thing that she could strap on the side of her leg and he had to give her a shot in that. Again, good thing I already knew what I was doing. Oh, and I had to tell her I had Q-Caps. She told us to use the long needles until I was like, "Well, I was going to use the Q-Caps..."

And we gave them all the money for my labs up front today because their lab is out of network for me, and they won't let me go to an outside lab for anything once I start cycling with them. I handed them an envelope of cash equal to what I make in a month. And the nurses can't find an ovary with a transvaginal wand, nor do they wear gloves when performing venipuncture.

Sorry, guess I just needed to vent.
    ZVvim5.png
  • preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
    edited November -1
    scorpio.... I am sorry you are going through this... I am not sure i am much help with suggestions, I just hope it gets better for you! Must be so frustrating....!
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    Yay! So glad you're one down!

As for the rest .... Oh man!

First, they always just put the u/s wand in at my office. As for the NO gloves and the mistaken ovary?! Can you request the doctor do your ultrasounds? If the same treatment happens when you go in for the next one - say something right then. That's not right at all.
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger
  • aplusaaplusa Posts: 1,919
    edited November -1
    Oh, and we did our medicines in 1cc. We did not mix two medicine types together. The menopur, in my experience, burned. I'd imagine that between a higher dose and only .5cc of liquid it would burn even more. :(
    7NZpm4.png
    Lucky Cycle 14: IVF!! Antagonist Cycle with Lupron Trigger