Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

Timing Question

tyababyhopestyababyhopes Posts: 113
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
This is my first time trying to conceive and using a donor. I've gotten a lot of information from the forum but I'm a little confused about ordering and timing. I am using a doctor for my insemination and she wants to see me on day 12 to do an ultrasound and check for the beginning stages of ovulation. Then, we'll inseminate around day 14 or 15 (depending on my body). Now, I'm wondering how the ordering works. If we do the ultrasound and she sees that I'm ovulating and I order the sperm on that day when will I receive it? From the order instructions it sounds like I'll get it after 3 days (day 15) and I'd have to pay quite a bit extra to get it in 2 days (day 14).

Or, can I go ahead and order it on day 10, for example, and hold on to it until my doc says it's time? It sounds like, from reading the forum, it doesn't go straight to the doc but it comes to my house. I wish I had a list of steps/instructions for best practices. I may be confused because I'm not 100% sure how long I can hold on to the sperm once I get it before we have to use it. I think it's 7 days but now I'm second guessing that.

Thanks in advance for any responses.
dpo-1415340000z5z28z15.png
#1 - August - BFN, Clomid and Pregnyl
#2 - September - BFN, Clomid and Pregnyl
#3 - October - BFN, Clomid and Pregnyl
#4 - November - TWW, Progesterone CD 16+
Tagged:

Comments

• shauna2710shauna2710 Posts: 769 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It can be delivered to your doctor. Mine had his own Cryo tank. So I got it delivered around CD 5. Then it was there waiting for me to ovulate.
    Cycle 6 was my lucky cycle! BFP!!!
    EDD 12/13/2013
    It's identical TWINS! They're GIRLS!
    7/20/2013 Sweet Baby A lost her battle with IUGR.
    8/26/2013 Feisty Baby B was born via emergency CSection 16 weeks premature
  • scorpiogrl7scorpiogrl7 Posts: 1,386
    edited November -1
    Youcan have it delivered to your Dr's office, or to your home. A lot of us order within the first few days of our cycle and arrange for it to arrive a few days before we'll need it. If you are having an ultrasound onday 12, I'd have it get to either you or your Dr's office on day 12. The tank will keep it for up to 20 days. You have 7 days from the day it arrives to ship it back to NW. If you need to keep it longer, call them and tell them. They'll charge you $15/day for each day that you keep it over.
    ZVvim5.png
  • JayJayJayJay Posts: 1,192
    edited November -1
    I agree with Scorpio. I would order it on the first day of your cycle an arrange to have it delivered on day 12. If that's when she is doing the ultraspund , you know you won't need it before then, but it will be there waiting just in case your body decides to ovulate early. Otherwise it will be there waiting for you when you do need it a few days later :-)
  • EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    Another vote for ordering on CD1 for delivery on CD12. Good luck!
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
  • tyababyhopestyababyhopes Posts: 113
    edited November -1
    Thank you so much for the responses. They make total sense and cleared up my confusion.
    dpo-1415340000z5z28z15.png
    #1 - August - BFN, Clomid and Pregnyl
    #2 - September - BFN, Clomid and Pregnyl
    #3 - October - BFN, Clomid and Pregnyl
    #4 - November - TWW, Progesterone CD 16+