Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.

I am pretty upset....

preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
edited June 2013 in Trying to Conceive
Well... I went to the RE for the first time ever this month for a natural cycle....(well... I did take generic clomid and just didn't mention it to the RE... I know.. I am bad ...but, I am over 35 and age is an issue.. and i didn't think they were being aggressive enough.. so I took 50mg cd 3-7).

I was supposed to call when I got a smiley (pos. opk).. then go in the next day for IUI.

Well... I got a smiley at 8am on Saturday.. CD 12.. previous test was Friday night at 11 50pm which was negative. So, I figure i got the first smiley somewhere between 11 50pm and 8am the next morning. Well.. lately, when tracking my cycle I have been ovulating the SAME day as smiley. So, i went in for IUI on Sat. and it was done at 12 30pm. I started having ovulation pains at 11am that morning, had more while I was waiting for the sperm to thaw for IUI, and then more at 4pm and 5pm.

Tested for fun... no smiley at 11 50pm on Saturday CD 12. Ok.. i felt good about my timing.

But, here it is Sunday. CD 13. and I tested again at 11 50pm and BAM.. smiley is BACK!!! the lines on the cartridge are SUPER dark.. darker than the first smiley on Sat at 8am.

What the heck?

Did I totally screw up this cycle????
lg2wm5.png
........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
Tagged:

Comments

• starviewchickstarviewchick Posts: 348
    edited November -1
    Since u took chlomid, maybe u popped out more than one egg, or eggs from both ovaries? Just guessing:)
  • preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
    edited November -1
    starview... I was kind of thinking that too... I HOPE so... uhh. at first I had a good feeling about the timing.. now.. not so much... :(
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • earrefinnejearrefinnej Posts: 447
    edited November -1
    You never know. I totally thought I got my timing off because my temp rose two full days after my peak and IUI. But I turned up pregnant! I would stop testing after first smiley to avoid driving yourself crazy. We do the best w e can and cross our fingers!
    v52mnw1ox.png
  • shauna2710shauna2710 Posts: 769 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    LH fluctuates after ovulation. So it could really be nothing. Plus we all know those swimmers have been reported to live longer than is reported. Also, my BFP cycle was a series of events that all pointed to no, but here I am pregnant with twins!

It's always possible.
    Cycle 6 was my lucky cycle! BFP!!!
    EDD 12/13/2013
    It's identical TWINS! They're GIRLS!
    7/20/2013 Sweet Baby A lost her battle with IUGR.
    8/26/2013 Feisty Baby B was born via emergency CSection 16 weeks premature
  • old mamaold mama Posts: 4,682
    edited November -1
    That ovulation pain you felt after could easily have been cramping after you AIed...put those smileys away...you will drive yourself nuts!
  • stwrrstwrr Posts: 455 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Clearblue is really really clear in the instructions that only the FIRST test counts, and that you should stop testing then, and disregard results from any future tests from that cycle. That's what I reassure myself with when I do the very same thing, and test again the next day, and the one after that. :)

This cycle, I solved this little mental quandry by not testing with the CB smilies after the first one, and instead, seeing my LH surge fade with cheapie and First Response lined tests. That way, I know the "official smilie time", and can still reassure myself that the LH surge was timed right by watching the other lined tests fade. It works really well for me, and stops my obsessive need to test using the smilies. :)

In other words.. I think you got your timing exactly right! May your TWW be speedy and with happy results!

~ Sandy
    407251321.jpg
    edited November -1
    earrefinnej and shauna.... Wow... you guys give me some hope. I am definitely saying lots of prayers....

old mama- yeah.. I don't usually test after the first smiley.. but since this was my first time at the RE, I just decided to do it this time. The ovulation pain I felt after iui.. was not cramping from the IUI. I had that also... over the area of my uterus... this 'ovulation pain' was in addition to the slight cramping from the iui, and it was where it normally is...on my right side.
    lg2wm5.png
    edited June 2013
    stwrr... yeah, I was also testing with lined tests as well. but, when i got the smiley last night, i did also test with the lined answer tests, and that was positive also..
    uhh... i hope the first smiley was the real, full, surge. thanks :)
    lg2wm5.png
  • ShannyShanny Posts: 2,456
    edited November -1
    Did your RE know you were taking clomid?
    image_zps64579b54.png
  • Jccwill3Jccwill3 Posts: 687
    edited November -1
    Personally, precious, I don't think you missed the window at all, in fact, I'm sure it was well-timed.

Do you temp in addition to using opks?
  • gonnabeamommasoongonnabeamommasoon Posts: 257
    edited November -1
    Shanny, I believe in the first post precious said the RE thought they were doing a natural cycle but she took clomid because she believes her RE wasn't being aggressive enough. Way to go precious! And I think your timing is wonderful. I remember you always talking about O pains and I truly believe your timing was awesome! And maybe there were 2 little eggs as pp said. Have you felt O pains again? I will be hoping to see your beautiful BFP in the near future!! Baby dust!!!
    edited November -1
    Jccwill... Yes, I do temp also... unfortunately the past few days my wake time has been erratic.... so it skews it a little. I hope you are right about the timing!

gonnabeamommasoon- Thanks for your comment :D:D:D:D
    I hope my timing is good... I felt only VERY slight fleeting o pains on Sunday.. may not have even been o pains. But, I definitely felt them on Saturday. I would not mind at all if there were two beans. I actually WANT twins... b/c I am afraid that if I ever get pregnant the first time, I may not have time to have another due to age... and really want my children to have a sibling... I think that is such a great gift to give to a child, rather than having just one, especially since they are donor conceived.... and the "bio" dad won't be in there lives... at least not till age 18, since I have only ever used willing to be known donors. I feel that is the least I can do is to give the child the option to know/ meet their biological father, after age 18.
    lg2wm5.png
  • saraleesaralee Posts: 504
    edited November -1
    Sending you good wishes. I hate to read you're upset. You deserve this so much.

I am happy to read the responses of others and I hope that something here has relieved your fears.

Much xoxoxoxo
    Baby boy joined us April 11, 2013, and we are so in *LOVE*!
  • tyme2risetyme2rise Posts: 1,087
    edited November -1
    good luck
    :)
    Some day my dreams will come true!
    edited November -1
    saralee... yes, i think the well wishes have helped. i mean, there isn't anything i can do about it now, but to wait. i am just saying prayers hoping that will help.

thanks tyme :)
    lg2wm5.png
  • EMG_RELEMG_REL Posts: 2,379
    edited November -1
    Fingers crossed for you! :)
    wqr43o.jpg
    IRcim4.png
    iaXMm4.png
    edited November -1
    Thanks EMG_REL... :)
    lg2wm5.png
  • caliejonescaliejones Posts: 222
    edited November -1
    Hey preciousgift, that is almost what happend to me.... Sunday night 7:30 pm smiley so I did ICI expecting to O within24 hours.....well that didn't happen, I didn't O until Wednesday so I thought I really messed it up......however that is when I got my BFP! So I am pullin' for ya hon. Your not out yet. Hang in there and think positive (pun intended) thoughts!
    FX for you!!
    And Gobs of STICKY BABY DUST! :D
    ***************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
    34t6ff7.jpg
    edited June 2013
    caliejones....I like stories like this! They say frozen sperm can live from 24-72 hours... although some say only 6-12... I guess it just depends on the strength/ health of the swimmers and other factors regarding the women. Thank you :D
    lg2wm5.png
  • poems0431poems0431 Posts: 337
    edited November -1
    I agree you may have released two eggs. This happened to me a few times before my BFP which resulted in a twin pregnacy. Unfortunately one of my little beans didn't make it.
    IT'S A BOY!
    1st beta 456 at 15dpo
    2nd beta 6000 at 22 dpo
    NuNSm5.png
    edited November -1
    So sorry again about your twin that didn't make it poems... i hope your other one is super sticky..
    Thanks for your comments.
    lg2wm5.png
  • edited November -1
    Preciousgift, I think your timing was great and it looks like you are in great company here! The pp shared awesome stories of getting their BFP with circumstances similar to yours. I'd suggest putting down the OPKs and enjoying (as much as you can) the tww. I hope you get your BFP!!
    C & D

iPMMm5.png
    edited November -1
    thanks 2moms.. sent you a pm.
    lg2wm5.png
  • OneSmallStepOneSmallStep Posts: 1,685
    edited November -1
    Sounds like there's some crazy opk's happening! We had a similar thing happen this cycle! My wife tested around 7am Sunday and got a line that was getting close to dark, and then at 11:30am got a positive opk and at around 4pm also got a positive OPK. We had insemmed 6 hours after our first positive last time and got our son, so we wanted to do similar timing. We went about 10 hours after. All day on Sunday she had loads of EWCM, but then when we went to do it I noticed there was some at the cervix (and it was opened) and but it wasn't as much EWCM as she had had earlier in the day. We still insemmed because the vial was thawed and we did have a positive OPK and an open cervix.

She tested on Monday morning to see if it was still a positive opk and it was. Then today this morning she tested and got a positive OPK where the test line was darker then the control line and around 6pm she felt a burst of a pain on her right side that then faded away. This makes us think she ovulated today instead of yesterday. The opks say they approx 24-36 hours out but from Sunday 11am - Tuesday around 6pm is 55 hours later, so not really sure what happened. Sorry we can't give you an answer, as we are in our TWW but just wanted to share that we are having a very similar thing going on here!
    Hubby of kopykat451
    TTC #1 5/16/11 = BFP 14 DPI / TTC #2 11/16/12 = No O; 4/12/13= BFN; 6/9/13 = BFP!! (11 DPI) - MC 5wk5dys / TTC#3 3 BFN's and 4th try 10/21/13 = BFP!!!! (Squinter at 10dpi!)
    AVPCm4.png
    stitchlove_3_2013_zpsdd668ea6.jpg
    2014.png
    edited November -1
    OneSmallStep- I know... what is going on with the OpKs this month? I had the same thing, I tested the day after first smiley, and the test line was darker than the control line (on the cartridge after ejecting the test strip... I know you are not supposed to read them, but I always do and they always line up with the lined tests). So weird.. Keeping my fingers crossed for us both.
    lg2wm5.png
  • summerfunsummerfun Posts: 511
    edited November -1
    Your timing sounds great either way. Will watch for an update :-) good luck
    e4d5a024-bfbe-4943-a743-499ff97816a8_zps27bdb2c2.jpg
    Ho0Am5.png
  • poems0431poems0431 Posts: 337
    edited November -1
    My LO is do great thank you. Good luck, hope to hear about your bfp soon.
    IT'S A BOY!
    1st beta 456 at 15dpo
    2nd beta 6000 at 22 dpo
    NuNSm5.png
    edited November -1
    thanks summerfun and poems..!

summer, congrats on your new little budle of joy!
    lg2wm5.png