Skip to content
Welcome to our new forum! All existing NW Cryobank forum users will need to reset their passwords. Click forgot password and enter your email address to receive the link. Email us at info@nwcryobank.com with any questions.
NW Cryobank community boards and sibling connect groups will no longer be available after December 20th, 2023.
Options

progesterone

preciousgiftpreciousgift Posts: 2,191
edited November -1 in Trying to Conceive
Hi. Just wondering if anyone who has take progesterone, especially oral capsules, has ever had any bad reactions to it?

What dose were you on?

What cday did you start?
lg2wm5.png
........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    tyme2risetyme2rise Posts: 1,087
    edited November -1
    I have been on it many times.
    I was on 10mg with my obgyn from smiley till af so 14 days once a day.
    And with re I was on 5 mg to start af . I cant remember the start day. It was a long time ago.
    Some day my dreams will come true!
  • Options
    kimberleyapkimberleyap Posts: 26
    edited November -1
    I've taken it to kick start my period when cysts were keeping me sidelined. I hate it. It makes me dizzy, nauseous, sluggish, zero appetite. Blech. Don't remember the dose. Fairly small.
  • Options
    earrefinnejearrefinnej Posts: 447
    edited November -1
    I used oral pills but used them as vaginal supposotories per dr instruction to 10 weeks gestation. Messy but I didn't notice symptoms outside pregnancy issues. I've heard oral pills taken by mouth get the hormone into blood but not intothe uterus and ovaries where it is needed.
    v52mnw1ox.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    tyme.. hmm that seem like kind of a low dose? 10 mg? i have a 200 mg capsule.. Did it increase your progesterone levels via bloodwork?

kimberleyap- oh i know.. the very first time i took it i made the mistake to take in the morning and i was supposed to go on a day trip. all of a sudden i could barely stand up i was SO TIRED! i took it at night after that. i do get dizzy also.. and headache...

earrefinnej- oh.. what was the name of the oral capsule that you used as a vaginal suppository? was it prometrium? I have taken these oral capsules before.. and my progesterone was defintely high via bloodtest.. but that makes sense. i hope they don't just go to the blood and not the uterus. i actually called a pharmacist last year when i took the prometrium (generic for prometrium) and asked him if i could use them vaginally. and, he said no... did the capsule (outer covering ) just disolve in the vagina?

I am a little leary of taking this oral capsule again, b/c the last time i took it I had some breathing issues... but i also have asthma and i guess it could be from that. I guess I will see.. I just took the first oral capule an hour ago.

Oh, the capsule is 200mg.

Has anyone had any breathing issues from it? or like an allergic reaction???
    lg2wm5.png
    ........................... :) Trying again soon :)..................................
  • Options
    stwrrstwrr Posts: 455 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I use progesterone cream twice a day after ovulation and before my period to stabilize and lengthen my luteal phase. It is working too! It is 25mg a dose, so 50 a day. I haven't done blood work to confirm, but I have tangible results. My posy-baby luteal phase went from 5-6 days and is now back to 9 (which was normal for me). The cream does say it takes 3 months to kick in at full effectiveness, and this is now the fourth month.

I have had no symptoms with taking it, other than the expected light bumps where the cream is applied. That's why they say to rotate areas of application every time.

Good luck!

~ Sandy
    407251321.jpg
  • Options
    earrefinnejearrefinnej Posts: 447
    edited November -1
    tyme.. hmm that seem like kind of a low dose? 10 mg? i have a 200 mg capsule.. Did it increase your progesterone levels via bloodwork?

kimberleyap- oh i know.. the very first time i took it i made the mistake to take in the morning and i was supposed to go on a day trip. all of a sudden i could barely stand up i was SO TIRED! i took it at night after that. i do get dizzy also.. and headache...

earrefinnej- oh.. what was the name of the oral capsule that you used as a vaginal suppository? was it prometrium? I have taken these oral capsules before.. and my progesterone was defintely high via bloodtest.. but that makes sense. i hope they don't just go to the blood and not the uterus. i actually called a pharmacist last year when i took the prometrium (generic for prometrium) and asked him if i could use them vaginally. and, he said no... did the capsule (outer covering ) just disolve in the vagina?

I am a little leary of taking this oral capsule again, b/c the last time i took it I had some breathing issues... but i also have asthma and i guess it could be from that. I guess I will see.. I just took the first oral capule an hour ago.

Oh, the capsule is 200mg.

Has anyone had any breathing issues from it? or like an allergic reaction???
    I am not sure as to brand. They are just listed as Progesterone 200 mg and are white gel pills. They read sv2 on the pill. Hope that helps.
    v52mnw1ox.png
  • Options
    edited November -1
    thanks earrefinnej :)
    lg2wm5.png